DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

Love the women's tag.. Skye Blue and the Bunny are fantastic in their respective roles.  Kazarian/Ruas was really good. Also enjoyed the short Ruby/Amber match, both looked good. 

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 2

I didn't get a chance to write up last night but I really do get the sense that Blue is going to be really good someday. She's such a scrapper in there. Really tenacious in a way that a lot of wrestlers don't "get" ever, let alone so early into her career.

Very much looking forward to Emi Sakura vs Shalonce Royal (I hope they have a Freddy Mercury-off) and Diamante vs Session Moth Martina tonight. Both should be the absolute height of goofy character work.

• Like 6

So Darius Martin is the Matt Hardy to Dante's Jeff Hardy, as opposed to being Booker T to Stevie Ray.  I wasn't banking on an EVEREST GERMAN SUPLEX! on Dark but there you go.  Session Moth Martina is over in Orlando!  She looked great.  Brandon Cutler is so good.  He should wrestle more.  Shalonce vs Emi Sakura was odd, but both of them really laid it in so I dug it.  Josh Woods being acknowledged as Pure Champion is awesome.  I assume he loses the title to Cody on April 1st.  If not (Cody beats Jonathon Gresham instead), Daniel Garcia should get the ROH Pure title with his bad ass Volk Han Scorpion Deathlock.  Frankie Kazarian should get a Dark/Elevation belt because he has been delivering the goods.  YAY!  AEW RULES!

• Like 4

Ruby using the handshake before the match in her recent Youtube matches, combined with the open acknowledgment and promotion of the ROH Pure Champion tonight, sure might be something.

Like DEAN implied, is Darius Martin actually the more talented Martin brother, or just the slightly more grounded one? Top Flight is a lot of fun. Also, it's been said by others, Daivari-Khash are a great tag team and I'd love to see them get a Dark push.

The opening comedy match was great. The Chaos Project-Silver & Reynolds wasn't as good in comparison, nor as good as the one from yesterday. The Emi-Royal match was the most fun of all of them, and man was it nice to see Emi finally get to just lay into someone and dominate while also having fun.

The 2.0/Garcia squash did nothing for me. Luke Sampson had a really good match a couple weeks back and now he's jobber fodder to 2.0? Nah. Archer was a fun Kane for Page, now I'm fully over it. At least they were short?

The Diamante and Hirsch matches were perfectly cromulent matches. Soho-Amboise was the best of the women's matches tonight (notwithstanding the fun of Emi-Royal), and I'd like to see more of Amboise.

The Starks match was fine but I fucking hate Taz. Really just couldn't get into Ten-Solo or Kazarian-Johl, its been a long day but Solo had his miracle match last week and Johl does nada for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think Darius Martin is working a more grounded style for now, because he's still working his way back in to complete shape. But it was noticeable, when they did the "knock both opponents out of the ring and pose for the hard cam" spot, Dante with his extra year of being expertly trained to work TV matches, instinctively knew where the hard cam was. Whereas Darius was looking for it, but had to have his little brother point it out to him. So on one level, the less experienced brother has become the veteran of the team.

Josh Woods' Tombstone Belly to Belly Suplex is strange. He basically throws them upright onto their feet and hopes that they choose to take a back bump from the momentum. I mean, it's new and different, I'll give it that.

Taz calling Ashley D'Amboise "DeAmbrose" was annoying.

Edited by AxB
  • Like 2

I'm not done yet but while Diamante/Martina disappointed (I get why Diamante didn't play into it more given her spot on the hierarchy but I really thought she would), Emi Sakura vs Shalonce Royal was everything I wanted and more. Emi selling her ear like she was in Clayfighter and up against Helga was just amazing.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, tbarrie said:

I just watched Dark, and I think that move RoH guy used to win may be the stupidest thing I've ever seen in wrestling.

And I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

By principle I hate most moves that start up as a Tombstone Piledriver and end up being anything else but a Tombstone Piledriver. Luchasaurs does a Faceplant thing from a Tombstone position which always annoys me a bit, although it looks a million times better than the ROH finisher you mentioned.

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 2

That Trios opener was so fun!  Colt Cabana and Uno are both so good.  I love how seemlessly the Bucks deliver whatever style a match calls for.  I'm with @DEAN Brandon Cutler should wrestle more.  He'd be a great regular feature on this Dark show.  I love seeing Ricky Starks getting his groove back.  He seemed to lose some momentum being on/off the shelf.  Also, 2.0/Garcia are an AEW success story that's got legs.  Josh Woods on the otherhand, lots of talent, needs lots of work.  An ROH developmental territory seems like a perfect place for the Pure Champion.  Not a fan of his awkward finish.  Tho, it could be effective mid-match on the right opponent.  He should have a submission finish, no?  Also, c'mon dude, get something prepared when you're alotted promo time, that was awful.  And don't take your cues from Luther.  I wanted to like his promo as so bad it's good, but that was just plain dogshit.  A Diamante squash from paper to production is also a bad idea.  At her level, she should be going even with anybody she's in there with.  I don't understand why they don't use lower card talent, like her, more frequently as JTTS of upward mobile performers.  What's the point of padding her record?  Top Flight impresses and so does, again, the team of Daivari and Khash.  Khash totally gives me Silver King vibes and I love it.  I hope they find a place for him or this tandem in the new ROH.  It's pretty remarkable how Darius Martin has slipped back in without a hitch.  Stoked for the rise of these youngsters.  

• Like 2

I didn't see any spoilers for Elevation but AEW just posted the lineup on Twitter.

• Skye vs Julia which should be interesting as both are wrestling super aggressive right now.
  • Nyla vs a Renegade (I thought WWE picked them up, no?)
  • Dark Order (Uno/Grayson/Silver) vs Factory (QT/Solo/Comoroto) six-man
  • Chaos Project vs Top Flight!
  • Emi/Bunny vs Soho/Anna Jay
  • Gunn Club Squash vs Masada and Aaron Mercer

Looks like a good one.

• Like 3

Top Flight’s Tag finishing move is Dante’s Double Springboard Moonsault, only combined with a Powerbomb from Darius. It looks really cool.