DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

I'm very excited for Shalonce Royal that her running, singing Miz corner clothesline made the replay package. Of course that moment where Tay absolutely clobbered her off the apron after she was taunting -1 did too, so...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I love, love, love, love Shalonce Royal!  I don't know about signing her as I don't know much about her outside of AEW (experience, ability in longer matches, etc.)  But I would absolutely have her on these shows as much as possible.  Have her get squashed on Dynamite or Rampage and people will definitely be talking.

As for people though that I would definitely sign Rache Chanel is one of them.  She was mainly gimmick on the Jacksonville shows but since then she's been backing that up with her matches and looked much better on the recent AEW shows.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 4

1) I don't have the card in front of me, but THE GIANT is in action tonight on Elevation for anyone interested

2) I finally just went ahead and fast forwarded through the hat segment on BTE this week, and I legitimately had a better Monday for it. We don't have to live this way.

• Like 1

@JLowe told us we were in for a treat on Elevation this week, and I assume he meant (as @Zakk_Sabbath pointed out) The Big Paul in singles action! 

And, indeed, that was a whole lot of fun. And, it was great to see big Austin Green back on AEW YouTube. And the pop the crowd gave Andre's baby boy was full-on heartwarming.

But, for me, the mark-out moment of the show was:

Spoiler

SUE in the crowd for the Best Friends match!!!

Speaking of which, The Workhorsemen have to be the best possible "enhancement" tag team, in terms of giving us a really good match even if it's a foregone conclusion. It's either The Workhorsemen or Bear Country. Trent & Chuck gave a ton, and we even got to enjoy JD Drake's awesome on-the-outside signature move. I was buying into the nearfalls. And Mark Henry not getting The Workhorsemen's name was really charming, too.

Diamante & Ashley D'Amboise could have been the female version of The Workhorsemen, but it looks like they are going to take Diamante on a "builds up for a heel run on the YouTube shows" Legit Leyla type of journey now. The match with Ruby Soho and Anna Anna Anna was a really good YouTube match as well! I hope we get Diamante matches vs D'Amboise, Anna, and Ruby now. Effective storytelling to build all that up out of a simple handshake!

Also: Ruby used a new finisher! Kind of a Sister Abagailesque deal.

In-ring performance  of the show goes to Professor Deeb (though I woke up a little late and apparently missed the Legit Leyla match. She might have taken it).

Move of the night goes to el hijo del Arn's Spinebuster!

Fun show. Arena Darks and Elevations have a good energy.

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Legit Layla Hirsch looked good against a much larger lady.  BrockLee!  What is up with Nick Comoroto coming to the ring but not wrestling?  What the fuck?  BrockLee needs to feud with the Ass Boys after BrockLee being beaten to death by FTR- sort of a battle of the FTR Survivors, since both started at nothing and are now both are kinda good at their tagteam roles.  Brock with a fucking Doctor Bomb is boss.  Nice finishing sequence,  It was complex and ended with a nice Spine Buster.  Yeah,  I'm ready for them against the Gunn Clubb.  Hey! Dani Mo!  Hey!  Serena Deeb is awesome.  I loved the INVERTED Dragonscrew.  She's so mean!  Lucky Ali was fun for a second.   Is Ali the new KAUN?!?!  Get Tully on the phone!  Gates of Agony needs a guy who will eat some pins!  Red Velvet is kind of the Fuego del Sol of the women's division, in that she makes folks look good kicking the hell out of her.  She is kind of like the Matt Sydel of the women's division in the enhancement talent situation- except less flashy.  Oh man, Trent vs JD Drake!  Trent is fucking great.  He and Drake are magic in the ring.  The Workhorsemen should be number one ROH tagteam contenders.  Diamante looked great in the tag with Ashley D;Ambroise against Anna Jay and Ruby Soho.  She's so hateful.  They look like they are giving D'Ambroise the KiLynn King/Madi Wrenkowski push, so look for her in competitive matches against Kamille or Natalya Markova on NWA USA soon.  Paul Wight is over in South Cackalacky!  AEW RULES.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The disrespectful handling of Serena Deeb's ring jacket by the referee was appalling.

The Workhorsemen may be the best fielding of The Cruel Connection / Thunderfoot #1 and #2 that Dark has ever put in a ring.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

As much as I like a Paul Wight squash, that dude's knees look cooked, right? I'm not just imagining it? 

They've looked like inverted bow knees for years. It's fucked up. Cannot imagine the pain that man must be in. 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Gordlow said:

@JLowe told us we were in for a treat on Elevation this week, and I assume he meant (as @Zakk_Sabbath pointed out) The Big Paul in singles action! 

This one was taped the week after my show! My surprise was Roppongi Vice and my treat was the Caster-Kiss match.

• Thanks 1

Thunder Rosa makes a pilgrimage to Corpus Christi to see a memorial to Selena.  Selena is the Elvis of Latino women.

• Like 4

Ryan Nemeth looked good.  He's secretly nifty.  Man, Sonny Kiss needs to be inducted into the Blackpool Combat Club yesterday.  That's how you fucking lay it in.  Hyena Hera was yelling a lot and Abadon was yelling a lot!  Abadon is getting more dynamic in her execution.  The Boys From Brazil need to quickly procure a spot in ROH.  Tiger Ruas would be a good addition to the Pure division.  Hell, he should go to Japan and join GLEAT UWF.  Has Lance Archer whipped out the CLAW before?  It was superfluous CLAW but a CLAW nonetheless.  HEY! Nick Comoroto is actually wrestling!  They really beat the hell out of Aaron Solo.  Comoroto vs Preston Vance is fun.  BURLY MEN BEATING ON EACH OTHER!! Alan Angels leaned into the kick on the apron by Solo to allow Comoroto to beat on Angels.  The Factory is awesome cheating to NEARFALL!  QT is PANTS BY A SMALL CHILD!  The finish is not far behind,  AEW RULES!

• Like 4

Hey @DEAN! How does it feel to immediately get exactly what you asked for?

Comoroto hit a swank looking spear on Solo, too!

Could Chandler Hopkins BE a more entertaining YouTube enhancement guy?

I liked The Hunkster's headstand arm bar.

The Kiss and Abadon matches both felt like they ended a little abruptly, but it's always good to see them on the YouTube shows. Entertaining every time.

Taz seemed less cranky and more jolly than usual on commentary today. I enjoyed that too!

I wonder if Ruas and Bononi are going to be a regular team now? They have clearly been working on some double-teaam moves and they present an interesting contrast in styles. Bononi hitting a pump handle suplex and Ruas making the pin is an unusual twist on the tag team finisher.

Does "BFD" stand for Big Friendly Dude? I can think of another word the F might stand for

Lance Archer didn't destroy anyone on his way to the ring ?

But he did break out The EBD Claw!!!

COMOROTO!

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It’s funny, the first thing I did with Peacock after watching Meiko Satomura in NXTUK was to look through the territory programs. Being in Texas, naturally I started with World Class Championship Wrestling from the world famous Sportatorium, and it didn’t take long for there to be a Von Erich and a Claw! Maybe Lance has been brushing up on his Dallas-area wrestling history.

• Like 2