DVDVR Message Board

The Box Office Thread

EVA

They also had Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio in their corner, which goes a long way toward getting the attention of people who aren't diehard Tarantino marks.

Leo just got $40 milion worth of people through the door to see what is not exactly a big, obvious crowd-pleasing movie.

True, esp with a theatre increase. The per secreen is above $2000 which ysed to be good, ithink.

By that measure it would be 19th for the weekend (although that does include some stuff playing on 1 or a handful of screens)

The opening scene of Basterds belongs in the discussion of the greatest scene in movie history.

The bar scene is really great as well.

The rest of it is... Eh, it's not bad but it's not special.

But that opening scene alone makes it a classic.

• Like 1

I laughed way, way too hard at the cinema scene where they shoot up Hitler. I enjoyed pretty much all of it but that was what made it go from a very good film to an excellent one for me. One of the best visual gags I've ever seen. Oh and "arrivederci".

I am not sure how unusual this is after a movie drops down to #3 over a weekend, but Star Wars was #1 on Monday for the holiday. I am not sure of the reason behind that, Saturdays and Sundays are days off for most people also (and kids), but it still topped the day without any issue. But it is still the top 'family movie' available which I guess explains it. Should definitely be able to coast through $900 million.

Deadpool tickets have gone on sale and it has lead to predictions that it will make $55 million+ its opening weekend

If it does happen, it would open bigger than The Wolverine, X-Men: First Class, and the original X-Men. 

And again - it is rated R

This was mentioned in the Star wars thread and there is already a report that Avatar 2 has been delayed again