Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

2022 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION


RIPPA
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Because we can't have nice things - Gaerth Evans is working with Michael Bay of all fucking people to "reimagine" The Raid for Netflix

It will be set in Philly and Patrick Hughes (The Hitman's Bodyguard) will direct

Except The Raid has already been reimagined by Dredd.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

Except The Raid has already been reimagined by Dredd.

Dredd was the best reimaging of The Raid. 

I think the reimaging set in Philly would work if it was done in a minimalist scope, but Bay doesn't do anything minimalist so I will probably hate that movie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Italian Studies

Written and Director by Adam Leon (Gimme the Loot)

Starring Vanessa Kirby

Was shown at last year's Tribeca - getting released in theaters and Apple TV on Friday

Link to comment
Share on other sites

THE BOB'S BURGERS MOVIE

Starring H. Jon Benjamin, Kirsten Schaal, John Roberts, and Kevin Kline

Premieres May 27

---

20th Century Fox are out of their minds for putting this on Memorial Day weekend, but I am buying my ticket the second they go on sale. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

20th Century Fox are out of their minds for putting this on Memorial Day weekend, but I am buying my ticket the second they go on sale. 

To be fair - right now it is only against Top Gun Maverick and considering that movie gets delayed any time some one sneezes in a movie theater - you never know...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I think the reimaging set in Philly would work if it was done in a minimalist scope, but Bay doesn't do anything minimalist so I will probably hate that movie.

They'll probably end up jumping off the roof onto a plane and kung fu fighting on the wing. 

I would have marked out if the Bob Burger (as I always call it) trailer showed at a movie I was at. The McDonald's fakeout at the start is perfect.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

‘A Christmas Story’ Sequel In Works With Peter Billingsley Starring – Deadline

This came out of left field. This movie will apparently be set in the 1970s with a 40-something Ralphie bringing his kids to the house of his childhood for a "magical Christmas."

Per the article, Old Man Parker will be deceased (can't recast Darren McGavin), and Ralphie's mom will be played by Julie Hagerty. Curious if they can get some of the younger actors from the original film back for cameos.

Have my doubts this film will be good. The straight-to-video sequel with Daniel Stern from a few years back was horrible, and I actually saw the forgotten 1994 sequel in the theater with some college friends of mine. If it weren't for Jean Shephard's narration, it's pretty avoidable ...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, colonial said:

‘A Christmas Story’ Sequel In Works With Peter Billingsley Starring – Deadline

This came out of left field. This movie will apparently be set in the 1970s with a 40-something Ralphie bringing his kids to the house of his childhood for a "magical Christmas."

Per the article, Old Man Parker will be deceased (can't recast Darren McGavin), and Ralphie's mom will be played by Julie Hagerty. Curious if they can get some of the younger actors from the original film back for cameos.

Have my doubts this film will be good. The straight-to-video sequel with Daniel Stern from a few years back was horrible, and I actually saw the forgotten 1994 sequel in the theater with some college friends of mine. If it weren't for Jean Shephard's narration, it's pretty avoidable ...

 

No. Good God no. There is absolutely no chance of this being even passable. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, colonial said:

‘A Christmas Story’ Sequel In Works With Peter Billingsley Starring – Deadline

This came out of left field. This movie will apparently be set in the 1970s with a 40-something Ralphie bringing his kids to the house of his childhood for a "magical Christmas."

Per the article, Old Man Parker will be deceased (can't recast Darren McGavin), and Ralphie's mom will be played by Julie Hagerty. Curious if they can get some of the younger actors from the original film back for cameos.

Have my doubts this film will be good. The straight-to-video sequel with Daniel Stern from a few years back was horrible, and I actually saw the forgotten 1994 sequel in the theater with some college friends of mine. If it weren't for Jean Shephard's narration, it's pretty avoidable ...

 

There’s an even more forgotten sequel called Ollie Hoopnoodle’s Heaven of Bliss, it was a PBS-Disney Channel co-production that looked really cheap, Jerry O’Connell plays a teenaged Ralphie. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Ridley Scott's upcoming Napoleon movie had its name changed from Kitbag to Napoleon. 

Damn. Pack up your troubles in your old Napoleon just doesn't sound right.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Untitled A Quiet Place sequel has been delayed to Sept 23, 2023. It was scheduled for March 31, 2023.

A Loud Place.  In this one, if you're not constantly screaming, monsters eat you.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let's file this in the "big big big big big BIG maybe upcoming" movies category: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/jan/24/dune-animation-based-on-jodorowsky-concept-art-in-development-says-cryptocurrency-group-spice-dao-frank-herbert

Quote

The announcement was roundly dismissed as a stunt by social media users who suspect Spice DAO’s ultimate plan is to sell the individual pages from the book as NFTs – digital images with ownership rights – especially as there was speculation on a Spice DAO internet forum that the physical book could be burned as a publicity stunt after the NFTs have sold.

You want to burn something, set yourselves on fire you fuckheads. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Especially as has already been pointed out - they own nothing but a copy of the book

https://kotaku.com/crypto-losers-buy-copy-of-jodorowskys-dune-have-played-1848370368

Quote

And the “original animated series” pitch is even dumber, because if it’s too close to Herbert’s story and/or Jodorowsky’s vision, they’ll be shut down by lawyers. They only bought a copy of a book, not the rights to the project, and if it’s only loosely based on it then why did they need to buy the book?

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...