DVDVR Message Board

2022 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Movie releases currently scheduled for 2022 (not comprehensive)

JANUARY

• The 355 - January 7
  • Scream - January 14
  • Morbius - January 28

FEBRUARY

• Jackass Forever - February 4
  • Moonfall - February 4
  • Death on the Nile - February 11
  • Marry Me - February 11
  • Uncharted - February 18

MARCH

• The Batman - March 4
  • Downton Abbey: A New Era - March 18
  • The Lost City - March 25

APRIL

• Ambulance - April 8
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - April 8
  • Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore - April 15
  • The Bad Guys - April 22
  • The Northman - April 22
  • The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent - April 22

MAY

• Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - May 6
  • DC League of Super-Pets - May 20
  • Legally Blonde 3 - May 20
  • Top Gun: Maverick - May 27

JUNE

• Jurassic World: Dominion - June 10
  • Lightyear - June 17
  • The Black Phone - June 24

JULY

• Minions: The Rise Of Gru - July 1
  • Thor: Love and Thunder - July 8
  • Bullet Train - July 15
  • Nope - July 22
  • Black Adam - July 29

AUGUST

• The Man From Toronto - August 12

SEPTEMBER

• Salem's Lot - September 9
  • Puss in Boots: The Last Wish - September 23
  • Mission: Impossible 7 - September 30

OCTOBER

• Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse - Part One - October 7
  • Halloween Ends - October 14
  • Ticket to Paradise - October 21

NOVEMBER

• The Flash - November 4
  • Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - November 11
  • The Fablemans - November 23

DECEMBER

• Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom - December 16
  • I Wanna Dance With Somebody - December 23
  • Babylon - December 25

Hoping to see Scream with my Sister at the cinema, she hasn't been to one since she was a kid. I'll definitely be seeing The Batman, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Thor: Love and Thunder, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse - Part One, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever and The Flash.

• Like 2

Reese Witherspoon is returning - heck her production company is the one doing it

That being said - in my quick Google search it seems like there is no way it is making that May 2022 release date as it appears the script isn't even finished yet

According to Deadline, Emmy nominee Will Arnett has officially signed on to join Oscar winner Taika Waititi’s forthcoming sports dramedy film Next Goal Wins. The 30 Rock alum will be replacing Armie Hammer for the role of an unnamed executive at the Football Federation American Samoa. Arnett reportedly filmed his parts during the project’s reshoots, where his role was changed from an initially planned cameo to a slightly more developed character.

Based on the 2014 British documentary from Mike Brett and Steve Jamison, Next Goal Wins is an underdog sports tale following the infamous American Samoan soccer team, who were known for their terrible performance at their 2001 FIFA match. In hopes of saving the team, Coach Thomas Rongen takes on the challenge of making the world’s worst soccer team into a FIFA World Cup-qualifying unit.

Having eyes for the horror thread would require me to watch more than one horror film in a given year (I actually am not sure I watched one at all in 2021 even though I intended to do about ten in October.)

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

Having eyes for the horror thread would require me to watch more than one horror film in a given year (I actually am not sure I watched one at all in 2021 even though I intended to do about ten in October.)

You make that sound like it's hard to do.

4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

You make that sound like it's hard to do.

It's not. It's just a genre I never engage with honestly. I also watch way fewer movies in recent years.  I've not broken 50 in a year in quite awhile. I didn't break 30 in 2021. 

• Like 1

Kitbag is the Napoleon Bonaparte biopic being done by Apple that is directed by Ridley Scott.

Jodie Comer has dropped out (she was to play Josephine) due to scheduling conflicts caused by COVID.

Vanessa Kirby will replace her

On 1/5/2022 at 12:17 PM, RIPPA said:

Kitbag is the Napoleon Bonaparte biopic being done by Apple that is directed by Ridley Scott.

Jodie Comer has dropped out (she was to play Josephine) due to scheduling conflicts caused by COVID.

Vanessa Kirby will replace her

I asked this like 3 or 4 years ago but it seems even more valid now that he had another calendar year w/ two films released: Is he trying to make up for all the films his brother would have directed had he not passed away? At this rate, I think Ridley might pass away too but have 5 or 6 films in the can. 

On 1/6/2022 at 9:16 AM, RIPPA said:

Moonfall

Of course Roland Emmerich has the space shuttle launching through a tidal wave. OF COURSE HE DOES!

I'm not gonna watch the trailer, but just based on that thumbnail it appears to be LOUIS THEROUX IN SPACE! in which case I'm all in.

Because we can't have nice things - Gaerth Evans is working with Michael Bay of all fucking people to "reimagine" The Raid for Netflix

It will be set in Philly and Patrick Hughes (The Hitman's Bodyguard) will direct

Mark Wahlberg is a no-nonsense Philly cop with a Boston accent who must endure 30 floors of chaos in a Kensington high rise to rescue his brother, a wisecracking mob consigliere played by Ryan Reynolds. Coming to Netflix this fall, The Jawn: Redemption. 

• Haha 4