Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2.0 - 10/19/2021


Dolfan in NYC
 Share

Recommended Posts

Two JT Smith tributes in one show, damn. First Jacey Jayne does a dive, catches her feet on the ropes and drops onto her face, and then Tony Italiano pretends to be super Italian for a laugh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trying to figure if von and Kyle were looking for for Brian laundrie or skunk ape/florida bigfoot.

 

Man, creeds and imperium beating the fudge out of each other was fun.

 

Jiro, why are you dumping a man's luggage our of the floor of a men's room. 

 

Also will be very disappointed if Bron does not have a confrontation with chucky.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I only watched bits and pieces of the show tonight. I like Tony D'Angelo. The crowd seems to like him too which could be good in keeping him around. I cracked up when he gave the interviewer girl some cash and told her to go buy herself something nice.

Pretty good main event. They really are strapping a rocket ship to Bron Breakker. I'm curious, if he were to win next week would he one of the youngest (in terms of overall career time) to get a main title? I know Goldberg was close to two years in when he won the title. Bron is only 8 months in here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thought Carmelo did his best promo so far only to get outdone fast by Gargano. Dug Melo and Trick trying to force the other to get the belt back.

Io/Persia was pretty decent while it lasted. I like what I have seen of Persia so far. Really hope Jayne is ok. That failed dive was scary.

I need more Imperium vs. Creed Brothers.

What I caught of Legado vs. Briggs/Jensen was nice.

Ciampa/Bron vs. GYV was solid.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Pretty good main event. They really are strapping a rocket ship to Bron Breakker. I'm curious, if he were to win next week would he one of the youngest (in terms of overall career time) to get a main title? I know Goldberg was close to two years in when he won the title. Bron is only 8 months in here.

The 8 months is a soft number, mind you.  It helps when grow up in a family where your father and uncle formed one of the greatest tag teams of all time.  And, said uncle could very well have been one of the best wrestlers of all time if he'd stayed healthy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Big Show has to be quickest from starting their career to getting a main title.

He joked about that on commentary a couple of weeks ago. It was something like:  "No one starts by winning the world title." "Well, actually.."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Peck said:

Johnny Gargano going back to being Babyface Wrestling Machine will no doubt be endearing to many members of this board. 

I really enjoyed Gargano as an overconfident chickenshit heel so I'm not overjoyed but they've been mostly booking him like a babyface for a while now.  I kinda wish they had run with the idea that Joe scared Johnny straight and he would revert to his evil ways once he thought Joe wasn't lurking around the corner waiting to pound on him.

I don't think Gargano is going to be with NXT much longer regardless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Why doesn't Cora Jade skateboard to the ring instead of run to the ring with a skateboard in her hand?

Same reason the Dynamic Dudes didn't skateboard I reckon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The weird thing is, Johnny Ace eventually did learn to Skateboard down to the ring. But it was well after the gimmick had already died, and right before it was dropped altogether.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Look, I don't wish for the team to break up, lose the titles and feud with each other, but something has to happen to Io and Stark so that Stark has a reason to have singles matches again! Until that happens, we are no closer to the eventual clash between Ivy Nile and Zoe Stark! And with that, see you next week!

...but that Jacy Jayne dive to the outside looked like me attempting to dive headfirst into a swimming pool, Jesus! I hope she's alive!

Gravity : Acknowledge Me!

Ring Ropes: We Exist!

Concrete Floor: I need to Facetime you real quick, m'kay! Thanks!

Edited by Shartnado
That dive tho
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/20/2021 at 6:53 AM, Rev Ray said:

Trying to figure if von and Kyle were looking for for Brian laundrie or skunk ape/florida bigfoot.

 

Man, creeds and imperium beating the fudge out of each other was fun.

 

Jiro, why are you dumping a man's luggage our of the floor of a men's room. 

 

Also will be very disappointed if Bron does not have a confrontation with chucky.

Von and Kyle were looking for Von's mom, obviously!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Matt D said:

He joked about that on commentary a couple of weeks ago. It was something like:  "No one starts by winning the world title." "Well, actually.."

I remember when they had that season of Tough Enough on SD! and Him and Angle cut promos on the competitors for "not paying dues" . Angle had spent his entire career at that point in the WWE system and Big Show won the title in his very first match

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, zendragon said:

I remember when they had that season of Tough Enough on SD! and Him and Angle cut promos on the competitors for "not paying dues" . Angle had spent his entire career at that point in the WWE system and Big Show won the title in his very first match

Angle had a fairly long undefeated streak starting with his debut, and he won the Euro, IC, KOTR, and WWE title in his first year lol.

I guess you could say he paid his dues with his grueling Olympic training which netted him the gold medal that was the crux of his hype/push.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...