Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2.0 - 9/21/2021


Dolfan in NYC
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, James F'n X said:

I think KUSHIDA's getting walking papers soon, honestly, and it's probably for the best for him.

How much $ you think the rights to “Power of Love” is? Asking for a friend…

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

September PROSPECT POWER RANKINGS, powered by FanGraphs:

1. Bron Breakker

A Steiner is on my TV calling people little bitches and putting dudes in the Steiner Recliner. 

2. The Creed Bros

The sitting lariat while the opponent is already TKO’d is so great. I look forward to them obliterating MSK.

3. Toxic Attraction

Purely for Mandy, as her new look exudes “star” and carries this whole thing. 

4. Odyssey Jones

Love me some handicap match squashes, so that’s an auto-list this month. Fun character.

5. Grayson Waller

Looks the part. Good delivery on his promo. Will have his chance to shine against Roddy next week.

 

Bron is the Wander Franco / Vlad Jr. of the group though.

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love it that Bron Breakker is wrestling like a Steiner and is pretty much daring the WWE to keep calling him Bron Breakker.

I hated KUSHIDA losing but frankly, Roddy needed some gold to bring the Diamond Mine up to the next level.

Carmello Hayes and Trick Williams melt as Mandy Rose, Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne walk by.

 

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Wow, no Tony Soprano Tony D'Angelo??? How dare you.

I think it's best that we all ignore that Joe Gacy shit, right? Right.

I mean it worked great for this last person that had a similar gimmick.  let me check my notes.  Oh wait that was Joey Ryan  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Me watching Bron Breakker:

The One GIFs | Tenor

Get this guy up to the main roster ASAP, strap a jet pack to him, let him keep calling people bitches, have him win the Rumble, and have him be the guy that beats Roman. If not him, then who the fuck else? There is literally no one else they could make a star out of. This guy is the fucking man and it's not often I can see a dude after two matches and be like, yep, sold, make that motherfucker a champion TODAY.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, the Creed Brothers and Odyssey Jones are so good. Jones in particular is charismatic as fuck and the best big dude they've had since Lee. And unlike Lee, I could see them sticking with everything that makes Jones tick since he's a WWE creation and not a guy that got over on the indies first.

Most of these other new guys are all hovering around the replacement player/Kona Reeves level. Like, Joe Gacy maybe is a -2.0 KRR.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, James F'n X said:

I think KUSHIDA's getting walking papers soon, honestly, and it's probably for the best for him.

This.  I think the chances KUSHIDA gets called up are practically nil and the chances he gets cut are high enough that I'd put a lot of money on it happening soon.  

Edited by Eoae
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bron played football at the school I worked at for a while. The notion of him being an option fullback always makes me chuckle. Imagine being a linebacker at a small southern university. You're thinking everything's going well. It's 3rd and 2. You make this stop and you can get off the field. Then the line of scrimmage opens up and that soda machine with legs is running straight at you with a head of steam. That notion may only be funny to me, but it makes me laugh every time.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Also, the Creed Brothers and Odyssey Jones are so good. Jones in particular is charismatic as fuck and the best big dude they've had since Lee. And unlike Lee, I could see them sticking with everything that makes Jones tick since he's a WWE creation and not a guy that got over on the indies first.

Most of these other new guys are all hovering around the replacement player/Kona Reeves level. Like, Joe Gacy maybe is a -2.0 KRR.

Ooooh, is Kona our go-to fungible 0 WAR NXT prospect? I can get down with that. I agree that Gacy is -0.4 Wins Above Reeves (WAR). 20 grade gimmick. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Ooooh, is Kona our go-to fungible 0 WAR NXT prospect? I can get down with that. I agree that Gacy is -0.4 Wins Above Reeves (WAR). 20 grade gimmick. 

I mean, it should be. Dude wasn't terrible, but wasn't good, was employed by NXT for what felt like forever, and if you got cut before him it mean you probably sucked more than him. He's gone now, but may his memory last forever as our new WAR standard bearer.

God, i can't remember who our last 0 WAR example was. Part of me wants to say it was Dolph, but that can't be right.

And Wins Above Reeves just fits so well.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, hammerva said:

Felt like there was 100 new characters on this show and few that made an impact.  It has that 1994 WWF vibe where they all have a strange character.  

So apparently Joe Gacy is now the new  principal from South Park.  I guess they are hoping for Bo Dallas 2.0

This was the first time I have watched NXT, interesting to see that that sense that I got watching it (so many people, so many bad/weird 1990s WWF characters) was not just me being a noob.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Depending on how long KUSHIDA's initial contract was for - it might be up early next year

He signed April 2019 - so if it was a three year deal it would be up March/April 2022

Now that being said, I have a stronger suspicion it was a five year deal

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tried...I can't.  This is worse than Impact from a few years ago.  At least after a month of not watching Impact now I can get back into it.  A month of not watching NXT and I have no clue who, what, where, why, and how.  Don't know what's worse, the 1995 characters or the over the top use of the generic name generator.  Much rather watch squashes on Dark/Elevation.

Goodbye NXT

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JLowe said:

This was the first time I have watched NXT, interesting to see that that sense that I got watching it (so many people, so many bad/weird 1990s WWF characters) was not just me being a noob.

They hit a slight reset to start the new 2.0 era. Normally it wouldn't be a bad place to start, but they are trying so many new things at once to see what sticks that you would have been better off starting a few months back. It has potential, but only after they settle on what works and what doesn't, and that could be a few weeks or few months.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

746,000 viewers, 0.20 in 18-49. Ratings only went slightly down, and they retained most viewers. They lowered the boomer demo and raised the younger demo and gained more female viewers.

 

Edited by D.Z
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

have him be the guy that beats Roman. If not him, then who the fuck else? There is literally no one else they could make a star out of. This guy is the fucking man and it's not often I can see a dude after two matches and be like, yep, sold, make that motherfucker a champion TODAY.

Roman was probably the last prospect i felt this strongly about.  if WWE finds a way to fuck up Bronn then there's no hope.. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/22/2021 at 5:23 AM, BobbyWhioux said:

Bron as the best possible fusion of Steiner Brothers Traits is a win for the NXT project unto itself

Or a win for the world, but most definitely the NXT project, yeah!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SturmCRF said:

Rewound it twice to make sure I wasn't hallucinating, but Mandy Rose definitely said "Where were you guys when my face was batteredly and beatened?"

Yeah, she definitely said some words that aren't real words, but she kept going without being too flustered about it, at least.

And for the record, I was on my couch going "Holy shit! She's dead!"

Edited by Shartnado
Where was I?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

Yeah, she definitely said some words that aren't real words, but she kept going without being too flustered about it, at least.

And for the record, I was on my couch going "Holy shit! She's dead!"

Oh yeah, she spoke pure nonsense but she did it with seamless confidence, she's a pro wrestler through and through.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...