DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEP 2021

The Natural

36 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Welp… Excalibur shot on Brian Cage during Dark. You know you’re done when the face commentator dumps on you.

what did he say?

24 minutes ago, Casey said:

I mean it’s just rumors and speculation mostly from what I’ve read but they didn’t like the gimmick and didn’t find it believable. Which I thought was funny since they have Kris Statlander on their roster. Probably more so they just didn’t LIKE it rather than finding it not believable - if that’s even true.

I was thinking about Stratlander's alien gimmick a while back and I think it kinda works. Reminds of how Ace Frehley he was born on a different planet, his was of saying he's always felt different. If its approached like that as opposed to we are actually supposed to actualy believe she's an alien it stands a really good chance of getting over with kids cause a lot of kids feel like that (plus the face paint). The whole Best Friends seems very kid friendly to me 

• Like 3

FTR vs Anthony Greene and Kurt Stallion Rogers was the first time we've seen an FTR match in AEW. We've seen FTR have AEW matches, but this was the first time we'd seen an honest to goodness FTR style match.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, maciej said:

anybody know what the plan is for taping tomorrow? Are they doing Elevation (or part of Rampage maybe??) at 7pm, or does it just start with Dynamite at 8?

Some have said they will film the 1st half of Rampage at 7pm, and 2nd half at 10pm. 

What’s the bell time on people’s tickets? That’ll give you an idea.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

So tapings booked angles heading into matches the week they aired. If the Starks match airs next week, then his match with Cage will happen that week. Unless plans have changed. We’ll see…

Also, if they aren’t filming Elevation tomorrow, then they will probably use up the rest of the Universal tapings next week on both shows. That means a new set of Universal tapings happening soon.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Kayla Rossi is going to be special and that moonsault stomp onto the chair was spectacular. God damn, man. Match was really fun but Janela did way too much at the end for a guy that's losing. Sure, it's a blood feud but how you gonna do a Spanish fly and two piledrivers when brother has to kick out? Come on. Rest of the match was really good and definitely agree with the consensus of this being Sonny's best match in AEW. Janela's too. 

Kingston gonna get choked out by Wight if he doesn't dial it back, lol. Paul and Tony are giving him all the room in the world but even Eddie's gotta know he's pushing it. 

edit: Yeah, I laughed at Excalibur burying babyface Brian Cage. Guy is not well liked it would seem. Oh well. Back to Impact or sign with ROH after he finishes up this run.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 2

I think Danhausen signed with ROH long before they actually announced it.

Featuring Minoru Suzuki!

Edited by AxB
  • Haha 1

See how last week's Dynamite ended with a brawl in progress between Suzuki-Gun and Mox & King, but then we never saw how it ended?

Well, it's in here:

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Matt D said:

14 matches on Dark tonight. That's a lot of matches. I've still got MX vs Dusty/Magnum, Riki Choshu, Tatsumi Fujinami, Kengo Kimura, Osamu Kido, Masa Saito vs Timur Zalasov, Wahka Evloev, Victor Zangiev, Vladimir Berkovich, Salman Hashimikov, and El Hijo Del Santo, LA Park, Máscara Sagrada vs Dr. Wagner Jr., El Hijo del Solitario, Súper Parka from 2013 Tijuana to watch for New Footage Friday this week. Definite possibility I don't see Grand Slam for another two weeks. I've only seen the first match of All Out so far.

That's definitely understandable.  But if you have time PLEASE go to 36:57 and see FTR against Rogers and Greene. It's just too damn beautiful to not watch and is so up your alley. 

3 hours ago, Peck said:

So Dark opened with Wardlow cutting a promo and his chest all reddened up. 

Then he walked to the ring and his chest was magically fine.

Did he cut the pre-match promo after the match?  lol

Wardlow's world reminds me of one thing and one thing only:

The Cheese Reporter: 12/02/10 | 90s cartoons, Old school cartoons, Childhood

I'm not right.

• Haha 2

E_bzn3FXoA4LamO?format=jpg&name=small

CM Punk meets the fan at AEW All Out 2021 who was mocked for crying at Punk's AEW Rampage: The First Dance debut. Cool something good come from it. There was no need to take the piss out of said fan reacting the way he did.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Slightly off topic, but I was a little disappointed by how the setup looked. The hanging banners for the other shows remind me too much of FCW

I agree with that criticism. Maybe invest in some screens, or with the lighting, they project the logo onto the black curtain. WCW used the do that on the ceilings, or the large walls that were on the opposite side of an entrance ramp. You’d see them when a dude was on the canvas slapping on a hold for the cameraman on the floor.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, zendragon said:

what did he say?

I was thinking about Stratlander's alien gimmick a while back and I think it kinda works. Reminds of how Ace Frehley he was born on a different planet, his was of saying he's always felt different. If its approached like that as opposed to we are actually supposed to actualy believe she's an alien it stands a really good chance of getting over with kids cause a lot of kids feel like that (plus the face paint). The whole Best Friends seems very kid friendly to me 

I'm still upset that when she got injured they didn't do a storyline reason for her absence that her visa expired and she had to go back to her home planet until it could be renewed.

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Casey said:

True, but she’s not a wrestling bunny. Allie Kat meowed and liked tummy rubs and stuff like that. ?

Thank god.  I don't want her hopping around the ring and pooping everywhere.  Though that may get over in some circles.

11 hours ago, Infinit said:

Everyone seems to be dumping on Brian Cage these days lol

Now that  Plane Ride From Hell has aired and we're all understanding all things misogynistic and whatnot, hey, maybe we can go after gendered insults next.  Unless he's complimenting Cage for being flexible, able to take a pounding, and good at giving life to the world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2