DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEP 2021

The Natural

I know the AEW hype can get a little out of hand, but I think this might be my personal most anticipated show ever. Well, I was pretty hype for Wrestlemania VI (It fell on my 12th birthday, so I got to have friends over to watch. Plus, WARRIOR VS. HOGAN! Duh.) and Bash at the Beach 96, so maybe my third-most hyped show. I hope they can deliver!

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Log said:

I know the AEW hype can get a little out of hand, but I think this might be my personal most anticipated show ever. Well, I was pretty hype for Wrestlemania VI (It fell on my 12th birthday, so I got to have friends over to watch. Plus, WARRIOR VS. HOGAN! Duh.) and Bash at the Beach 96, so maybe my third-most hyped show. I hope they can deliver!

That's still pretty damn good company to be in!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Casey said:

I haven’t been this hyped for an AEW show since probably Full Gear 2019. Pandemic didn’t help, but still. The card is insanely stacked and I love CM Punk, so… yeah.

Still remember your reactions to CM Punk debuting at AEW Rampage: The First Dance. That'll be me if Bryan Danielson shows up at All Out. Thinking it'll be there and not AEW Dynamite Grand Slam any more.

• Sad 1

As someone who is going to be in that crowd, I cannot emphasize enough what a relief this is. Nothing's ever going to be 100% safe again, but this goes a long, long way with me. I don't know if this was the city's call, the venue, or AEW but kudos to them for doing what needs to be done. 

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 7

28 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

As someone who is going to be in that crowd, I cannot emphasize enough what a relief this is. Nothing's ever going to be 100% safe again, but this goes a long, long way with me. I don't know if this was the city's call, the venue, or AEW but kudos to them for doing what needs to be done. 

Cool to see somebody else going aside for me.  I was really hoping proof would be required and am all-too-happy to have it ready to show.

As for Natural I have a strong feeling about BD at All Out so might wanna stock up on tissues.  All I ask is that he at least appear at Arthur Ashe anyway in some way but either day he debuts is cool with me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Cool to see somebody else going aside for me.  I was really hoping proof would be required and am all-too-happy to have it ready to show.

As for Natural I have a strong feeling about BD at All Out so might wanna stock up on tissues.  All I ask is that he at least appear at Arthur Ashe anyway in some way but either day he debuts is cool with me.

You'd think if Bryan Danielson debuts at All Out, it will be at the end so I'll be marking out approx 04:45am in the fucking morning! This show will be a long one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Infinit said:

I think he means motivated and passionate, not WWE's "he just likes to have fun" 

Yeah, that was referring to and I'm pretty sure I know what he meant. I'd be very wary of using that F'n sports entertainment phrase in wrestling context, though.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Infinit said:

I think he means motivated and passionate, not WWE's "he just likes to have fun" 

How many people have you met in your life who didn't like to have fun? Probably not many, isn't it?

Now some people have some very unusual ideas of what fun is, that's a different issue. Some people enjoy preventing other people enjoying things. But people who actively dislike their own happiness? Rare on the ground, them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AxB said:

How many people have you met in your life who didn't like to have fun? Probably not many, isn't it?

Now some people have some very unusual ideas of what fun is, that's a different issue. Some people enjoy preventing other people enjoying things. But people who actively dislike their own happiness? Rare on the ground, them.

I don't trust people who describe themselves as "just likes to have fun".  It's just like anyone who describes themselves as a "jokester" or "funnyman".  They're going to be annoying as fuck.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

Danielson debuts by trashing DVDVR for not giving him Wrestler of the Year over a bald Swiss. 

Bryan Danielson was robbed that year. Ditto when Bayley beat Sasha Banks in the March Madness final. Still real to me dammit!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AxB said:

I've unfortunately met a few people who clearly aren't happy unless they are making themselves miserable

...anyway cursed image below

Spoiler

May be an image of 1 person

• Haha 1