Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEP 2021


The Natural
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, AxB said:

That guy is a content thief, I found that out months earlier. Only posted it in these boards though, because of DVDVR board omerta.

I think that's actually my fault for telling Bix about it on Twitter.  Do I need to cut off a pinky or something?

This has been a fun episode of DVDVR: Behind The Posts

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

Honestly, the videos weren't even my idea. One of my dads co-workers, his son was a big wrestling fan too. He was about 19-20 and I was 15 when that video was made. We shot all of them at his house and he did the post-production and all of that. The reason being, I would go over to his house to watch wrestling PPVs (he would get a bunch of his other friends to come over as well) and we would watch the shows. Well I was at his house posting on here during the "breaking news about Randy Orton at One Night Stand" where I got banned from here. I told them all what happened and he had the brilliant idea of shooting a video on it.

Regardless, I got a lot of shit from other places because of that too lol I never wanted to really be a meme about the whole thing but kind of accepted it for what it was because it's about the only thing the wrestling community knows me for. However, I'm 30 now so I've just grown up and away from it.

All good...glad to have you as part of the community 👊🏽👊🏽

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Dog said:

If he were the real deal, he'd correct the spelling mistake and call himself Krone Metzler.

Hey, you!  Technico Support is my designated spelling Nazi.

Seriously, though.  I am happy that the real Krone Meltzer has returned to the fold.  Sometimes, you can indeed go back home.

5 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I think Eddie Kingston is just head and shoulders above everyone else promo-wise right now.  Wow.

He always has been.  He cut some incredible promos in ROH.  I thought he was going to legit kill Chris Hero after one hatred filled tirade.

Edited by J.T.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I also wasn't as big on "insider wrestling" back then so I had no clue who Dave Meltzer was. I had a childhood friend who's last name was Metzler so I kind of just infused the two together on accident and - Krone Metzler was born... Now it's something I can look back on and chuckle.

Imagine my surprise when Cornette and Brian Last name dropped me a few months ago on his podcast. I thought pretty much everyone had kind of forgotten about me by then but I was wrong.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Holy shit, you guys were serious.

This is not the way I wanted to be famous.

."The VICE news desk tried repeatedly to contact JT and ask him about his involvement in the Sleaze Thread.  He has not returned any of our phone calls."

Pop for "We are DOI-esque." What knuckleheads those dudes were.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I await the heel turn when Krone Metzler reveals that he is actually Anthony Gancarski.

The grand irony there is, the only reason I found out TK started the sleaze thread was I accidentally watched a YouTube vid "exposing" how the Savage/ Steph rumour got started, and that pointed the source to the DVDVR Sleaze thread. Specifically, a post in there by DVDVR Board poster G Gordon Liddy. Which, I'm about 87.53% sure that the whole 'Ganc socko' meme started because of him running that account as well as his main.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AxB said:

The grand irony there is, the only reason I found out TK started the sleaze thread was I accidentally watched a YouTube vid "exposing" how the Savage/ Steph rumour got started, and that pointed the source to the DVDVR Sleaze thread. Specifically, a post in there by DVDVR Board poster G Gordon Liddy. Which, I'm about 87.53% sure that the whole 'Ganc socko' meme started because of him running that account as well as his main.

I still think Liddy was not Ganc, but I'm in the minority on that. Mainly because that would mean that Ganc was posting as Ganc AND Liddy ALL the way back to the original board that laughably didn't require any password protection. Good ol' wild west days those were. So it would have been easy for him to post under both, but he would have been doing so for years, which sounds so mentally ill that it wouldn't even be in the DSM-5.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Matt D said:

We probably need to get back on topic soon.

True enough. 

Here is the line-up for Elevation tonight.

  • Gunn Club vs Anthony Bennett and Ray Jaz and LSG
  • Orange Cassidy vs Mike Verna
  • Thunder Rosa vs Kaia McKenna
  • Hikaru Shida vs Masha Slamovich
  • Santana and Ortiz vs JT Dunn and Avery Good (fka Dasher Hatfield)
  • Private Party vs Teddy Goodz and Jorge Santi
  • * QT Marshall vs Dustin Rhodes
  • * Evil Uno and Colt Cabana vs Alan Angels and Preston Vance
  • * Joey Janela vs Sonny Kiss
8 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I still think Liddy was not Ganc, but I'm in the minority on that. Mainly because that would mean that Ganc was posting as Ganc AND Liddy ALL the way back to the original board that laughably didn't require any password protection. Good ol' wild west days those were. 

I was also in the minority.  I knew Liddy wasn't the actual Liddy (duh!), but Ganc would've had to maintain that account for years and then he abandoned it inexplicably rather than continue to use it as his voice of reason persona when his other alter egos like MUMM_RA and Remember CHUBB ROCK were running rampant later on.

I am not sure how good the ol' Wild West days were.  I certainly do not miss Ripclawe, Evil Iraqi, or Blackjack Parsons.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm hoping that The Factory will get a fresh push.   They've been out of it since the clowning of Anthony Ogogo by Cody Rhodes.  I am not sure how well QT will fare against Dustin.  Dustin was hot fire in that match against Malakai Black even in a losing effort.

Edited by J.T.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I am not sure how good the ol' Wild West days were.  I certainly do not miss Ripclawe, Evil Iraqi, or Blackjack Parsons.

They weren't. At all. I still remember the night I disagreed with someone and got deluged with private messages harassing me about what a horrible person I was.

I don't even remember what the disagreement was about aside from it being extremely inconsequential, but I do remember I stopped posting here for at least a year or two because of it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

They weren't. At all. I still remember the night I disagreed with someone and got deluged with private messages harassing me about what a horrible person I was.

I don't even remember what the disagreement was about aside from it being extremely inconsequential, but I do remember I stopped posting here for at least a year or two because of it.

To be fair, that's not the period we were referring to. We were talking about the old, old, old board that didn't run on any kind of forum software like this. There wasn't any PM'ing with the original. We had the old forum that looked like something someone in college put together, and probably did, and IRC.

Talking about this shit is like talking about the different versions of the Matrix. 

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

To be fair, that's not the period we were referring to. We were talking about the old, old, old board that didn't run on any kind of forum software like this. There wasn't any PM'ing with the original. We had the old forum that looked like something someone in college put together, and probably did, and IRC.

Talking about this shit is like talking about the different versions of the Matrix. 

Yes, it was. The sleaze thread was on a version of the board that could handle private messages. If I remember correctly we first started being able to PM each other in 2003.

I was around when RF used to randomly spam the old threaded green board and drag it to a crawl, back in like... 2000/2001 too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

Oh man, possibly reading between the lines, but it kinda sounds like Janela was a user here as well? At the very least, he too is aware of the sleaze thread. 

It's funny how this seems to come up once a month now.

And yeah, I so want a DSotR episode about the Sleaze Thread with JR and others reading verbatim about some of these stories.

"Bah god...a...dildo blender? Sounds bowling shoe ugly."

Janela, well... The Sleaze thread was started 17 years ago last week, and was active for like, six or seven months, right? Raven Mack locked it when it reached 100 pages.

Joey Janela is 30 years old, and broke in to wrestling at 14. So if he was reading the thread as it happened, that would be right before he started trying to get into the wrestling business. Maybe it even inspired him.

Jesus Christ, he was bloody Jerseykidd, wasn't he?

  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...