DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEP 2021

The Natural

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

So… given Dark Side of the Ring, we’re all in agreement that Flair isn’t the guy for Andrade and that Khan should open the Forbidden Door to MLW to get Dario Cueto, right?

Dario or Salina de la Renta. Is she also still in mlw? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Dario or Salina de la Renta. Is she also still in mlw? 

Salina's contract expired and she did not resign.  That's why the last Azteca Undergruond vignette showed Dario absorbing Promociones Dorado into his organization and "sacrificing" Selina.

She closed the merch store on her website and IIRC she's now at Full Sail.  It looks like her WWE name will be Natalie Class.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Salina's contract expired and she did not resign.  That's why the last Azteca Undergruond vignette showed Dario absorbing Promociones Dorado into his organization and "sacrificing" Selina.

She closed the merch store on her website and IIRC she's now at Full Sail.  It looks like her WWE name will be Natalie Class.

We’ve hit the point where I can’t tell if this is a joke or not.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Matt D said:

We’ve hit the point where I can’t tell if this is a joke or not.

MLW's prospects are so murky it's not even funny.  There were on VICE for a hot minute and then they were gone, and recently announced that they'd be starting back up on beinSPORTS by next Friday, but who knows what is really true.

It reminds me of the West African fed that Power Uti ran, where the Undertaker always "no showed."

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Infinit said:

I think Salina/Natalia also does "custom" wrestling videos on her only fans with other female wrestlers....and announcers apparently. 

Yep.  For a while there, she was making a living off of autographed booty photos of her and Zeda Zhang.   People assumed she had signed a deal with WWE when she closed her merch store since the WWE prefers to make money off of your likeness rather than you doing it yourself.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Oh man, that motorcycle chair. But yeah, the two barber shops I go to for beard trims are exactly like that. They're all very nice people. 

When you go for a beard trim, does the Barber randomly tell you that hearing that Bad Bunny is in WWE really makes him want to watch?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, AxB said:

When you go for a beard trim, does the Barber randomly tell you that hearing that Bad Bunny is in WWE really makes him want to watch?

Oh yeah. They're really capturing the casuals.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

That actually would be great. Sometimes he’ll be a blue collar steel mill worker, and other times he’ll be a shitty 2 star Uber Driver. 

would also explain why HANGMAN Adam Page drinks so much.  Dude has seen some shit.

• Like 3

Super stoked to see two talented "what happened to that guy?" indy dudes getting a shot on Dark: Elevation. Santana & Ortiz are up against former Chris Hero protege & elbow lunatic JT DUNN and a man currently going by the name of Avery Good, which is a great stealth pun on his former name of A Very Good Professional Wrestler. You might remember him as CHIKARA standout, the Old-Timey King of Swing DASHER HATFIELD.  I hope they get a decent amount of time.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Salina's contract expired and she did not resign. 

I'm a pedantic asshole, but can we please all agree that:

resign = quit

re-sign (with hyphen) = sign a new contract

Because if we don't use the hyphen, we have one word with two opposite meanings and it's just madness.  ?

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

MLW's prospects are so murky it's not even funny.  There were on VICE for a hot minute and then they were gone, and recently announced that they'd be starting back up on beinSPORTS by next Friday, but who knows what is really true.

It reminds me of the West African fed that Power Uti ran, where the Undertaker always "no showed."

LOOOOL

I said it in a different thread, but MLW is almost the Wrestling Retribution Project at this point. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

resign = quit

I have no problems with being called out for improper spelling since I am something of a grammar Nazi, too.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Her story is kind of a head scratcher. I’m not sure she would currently fit into WWE’s scouting desires.

She's attractive as hell, can talk , and can take a bump.  She can make money. 

I know she gets shit for flat earthing, but when I saw her at an indy event, she made good efforts to make everyone, especially the little girls, feel welcome.   I had a good impression of her (it's rare for me to get a bad impression- the only person I can ever remember having a bad impression of was Pillman)

Edited by alstein

9 minutes ago, alstein said:

I know she gets shit for flat earthing, but when I saw her at an indy event, she made good efforts to make everyone, especially the little girls, feel welcome.   I had a good impression of her (it's rare for me to get a bad impression- the only person I can ever remember having a bad impression of was Pillman)

Wait...Salina is a flat earther??

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

resign = quit

Because if we don't use the hyphen, we have one word with two opposite meanings and it's just madness.  ?

am i doing this right

inflammable.jpg

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, alstein said:

The talking I can see, but it’s not like the WWE desires managers. She wrestles, but not exceptionally well. She is attractive, but… listen I’ve seen a lot of dark recently, and there are a lot of attractive women in professional wrestling today.

During the brief time I watched MLW (a few months prior to the debut of Dynamite) Selina de la Renta (sp?) cut some of the most cliched corny promos I've ever seen.  And that was around the time she was starting to get hyped.  Not to say under better tutelage than MLW creative she couldn't improve, but Selina was a weak part of an already weak show.  Even worse than what she was doing was her pairing with creepy old man Konnan cutting bygone era sexual predator promos on her.  MLW was an awful show.  I'm guessing by the lack of buzz that it's just as awful now. 

Edited by HarryArchieGus