DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEP 2021

The Natural

On 9/17/2021 at 6:31 AM, Craig H said:

S&M ring gear aside, the way they dress outside of the ring perfectly lines up with most new butchers I've seen. Hipsters isn't the right word for them, but it's the only thing that comes to mind. It's another one of those jobs that younger people have started moving back to and it's lots of people with beards or fancy mustaches, large gauge rings, sleeves of tats, suspenders, etc.

On 9/17/2021 at 6:36 AM, (BP) said:

A lot of millennials dealt with quarter life crises by becoming rockabilly tradespeople. I see it in barbering a lot. For example:

Reveal hidden contents

73232-C40-07-F9-406-A-9-C04-5-A1-B58-D3-

Reveal hidden contents

Vroom vroom

this all reminds me of this article from The HardTimes https://thehardtimes.net/culture/heavily-tattooed-band-tired-of-being-asked-if-they-are-chefs/

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, zendragon said:

And similarly... https://thehardtimes.net/culture/tattooed-barber-excited-to-give-everyone-that-one-haircut-today/

I was in the local punk scene for a good chunk of change and new at least 3 barbers, not so many chefs ?

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, punkenhead said:

There must be a huge internal struggle going on right now between super fan TK, businessman TK, and solid human TK. 

I assume this is about Ric Flair, and I can only say that… well, one, Andrade doesn’t need Ric Flair as a mouthpiece (and Chavo is coming back anyway apparently) and two, he’ll likely upset a swath of his paying customers if he does bring Flair in. Is that 100% of his audience? No, but they’ve held off bringing problematic talent in before, I don’t see why this is any different. Flair is backstage all the time now anyway, why hire him for a meaningless role? He’s already lost that CarShield thing, and Dreamer was suspended from Impact, that should be enough of a sign to not do it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I’m really loving the Andrade stuff a lot than before. He comes off like a cartel boss getting pissed off that his southern Waffle House waitress doesn’t understand what he’s saying.

I absolutely love Andrade's broken english subtitled promo.  It's subtly a huge progressive move in the sport of pro wrestling.  That said I couldn't care less about him being saddled with a mouthpiece.  I'd prefer a big bodyguard or crew.  I keep dreaming on Vikingo and another top luchadore.  Not up enough on the scene to know who that would be.  Laredo Kid's been good, but I wonder who else there is south of the border down Mexico way.

Edited by HarryArchieGus

Is Shawn Spears catchphrase “The chairman cometh” or “The chairman cumeth”?

I didn’t realize this until now what he’s doing with that phrase. That corny bastard.

TK request… I would like to see a mini feud between Spears Vs. Garcia, veteran  heel Vs. snot nosed heel, and Spears specialty of big guy Vs. little guy.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

“Most of the roster has gotten (vaccinated) and we have encouraged people to do so. I haven’t put in mandatory, but I’ve also strongly encouraged and put in protocols to encourage everyone to do so because it’s much easier for the vaccinated folks to get through the day and interact outside of the ring. They just have to go through less rigorous procedures and testing. We’ve definitely encouraged everyone to do it. Most of our people are.”

- Tony Khan on Bloomberg Business of Sports Podcast

Curious who hasn't.  Whether or not it's true, Brian Cage was mentioned recently. 

I'm wondering if the AEW is going to keep using Suzuki past Grand Slam, since he's now got indie bookings stretching into the end of October (including BLOODSPORT!)

EDIT: I shall now refer to AEW as "the AEW"

Edited by Casey
  • Like 8

14 minutes ago, Casey said:

I'm wondering if the AEW is going to keep using Suzuki past Grand Slam, since he's now got indie bookings stretching into the end of October (including BLOODSPORT!)

EDIT: I shall now refer to AEW as "the AEW"

bret-hart.gif

I was just wondering the same thing. Yeah, their roster is huge and people are hungry for TV time but this run is likely going to be it for having Minoru Suzuki on your show. I hope so. Minoru vs. Danielson, please and thank you.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

On 9/17/2021 at 6:13 PM, Curt McGirt said:

It was worth watching for LA Park and sons, Ole Mancer, and Contra Unit. But yeah that Konnan stuff was the pits.

Jeez, I'm talking about it like it's a dead promotion...

What's the deal with Ol Mancer?  Is he still sidelined for having signed one of those ridiculous MLW contracts?