DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEP 2021

The Natural

34 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Also, who has Excalibur's e-mail address?

I need to write him a thousand word e-mail about the importance of no longer calling the move the La Magistral and calling it La Casita instead as they've done in CMLL for decades because of Negro Casas. If AEW is all about righting the great wrongs in wrestling, that's definitely one of them. This is one of my goals for the next 12 months.

@shutupexcalibur on Twitter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Matt D said:

Re: Wardlow's finish: Too many lift up knee things now, especially with Punk there now. Someone else (Avalon maybe?) did something like that too.

Avalon's Marti-Knees is a jumping double knee drop to the back of a victim who is on his hands & knees.

You may be thinking of Sammy Guevara's GTH which is the GTS from the Burning Hammer / Argentine Backbreaker starting position.

Edited by J.T.

4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Avalon's Marti-Knees is a jumping double knee drop to the back of a victim who is on his hands & knees.

You may be thinking of Sammy Guevara's GTH which is the GTS from the Burning Hammer / Argentine Backbreaker starting position.

I'm pretty sure this was a straight lift up off of the ropes (kind of like a flapjack but not at such a horizontal angle) and into the knee shot. But past that, I have no idea. I saw 20 matches over two days with a lot of wrestlers I wasn't very familiar with and it all blurred a bit.

36 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I'm pretty sure this was a straight lift up off of the ropes (kind of like a flapjack but not at such a horizontal angle) and into the knee shot. But past that, I have no idea. I saw 20 matches over two days with a lot of wrestlers I wasn't very familiar with and it all blurred a bit.

Avalon hits the Marti-Knees to beat Fuego in this match.  It has been his finisher since forever.  Avalon isn't the worker you want tossing anyone into the air in prep for a knee strike on the way down.

To add:  Why Fuego isn't using that Straightjacket Gory Bomb Cutter thing as a finisher escapes me.  It is a great fucking move.

You sure you aren't cross pollenating with Taiji Ishimori.  He has so much knee related offense (Tombstone Lungblower, Bloody Cross finisher) that sometimes I wonder if he has any sorts of moves that don't involve a knee to the head or to the ribs.

Edited by J.T.

4 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Hell yeah!  It's official.  I hope she wrestles in Norfolk.

They need to run the Siegal's Center at VCU.  Acoustics would make it sound like there was a billion people there even though the venue only seats around 8K.

That and getting out of Norfolk and back to RVA after a major sporting event is fucking murder with all of the fucking tunnels and shit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

We've spent so many posts on this now that I have to go and find it.

I got it.

It's Reynolds ONTO Avalon:

NO0A3K.gif

I don't think knees are as problematically prevalent as the step-up enziguri counter in the corner that nearly everyone has in their arsenal.

I'm really tired of that shit.  You could make a drinking game out of it.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1