DVDVR Message Board

AEW Rampage: The First Dance - 8/20/21

Yeah, somebody mentioned that before but that line spoke to me on many levels.  And really there's a few gems that are going to be brought up for quite some time.

EDIT:  And for those wondering I got to checkout before the site went completely kablooey.  It's gonna be at least until tomorrow afternoon/night before people can easily get through the site at this point.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 5

AEW absolutely has enough top tier talent and budding stars to do a big stadium show down the line.  i think the goal right now is to get Darby and MJF and Jungle Boy and Dr. Britt and them to the next level...    sky is the limit.  This feels a lot like Nitro in '96.  

But i have more confidence in Punk and Bryan to 'help' them grow and grow than Hogan. 

Edited by Niners Fan in CT
  • Like 5

E9R-DmMXoAQfWVl?format=jpg&name=small

Have to say I started posting here in September 2005 and naturally (no pun intended) still do. This has made for one of the best times I've had here watching the show and us reacting to it in the way we have. Cheers!

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 9

When Punk actually came out and it was for real knew we were seeing A Moment. One of those events that will be forever remembered as a defining occurrance in their particular sport or profession. When was the last time we got one of these in wrestling? The Streak ending?

Like everyone else here I've wanted AEW to succeed from the get go. Even if not everyone is a fan of all their key players and management there's a universal desire for another national promotion and for there to be a quality company for guys to work. AEW has had a lot of success and a few stumbles along the way, all the while showing they've got what it takes to put together a top tier product. Sure AEW has come off as a big deal in the past two years, but this felt like a real turning point where they've demonstrated they're a major player.

• Like 3

My over thinking, over-analyzing, big-time-gotta-be-an-angle self, over looked the simplicity of letting someone who hasn't been on wrestlings circuit live in 7 years, go out there and bask in the glory of being home, and speak from the heart.  Truly a moment in history that is up there with the biggest debuts, and I'm glad I got to witness it.  how will Bryan Danielson top this????

Also, I have to believe that Darby Allin-Cm Punk ends in a handshake and what a moment that will be.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

His big Summer of Punk ended in a ladder match between HHH VS Kevin Nash. He has all the rights to be still pissed about that time. 

Agreed. My Summer of Punk WWE post yesterday:

Man, the Summer of Punk was so badly done shortly after Punk beat John Cena for the WWE Championship in a ***** match at Money in the Bank 2011. CM Punk returns early as WWE Champion, loses it to fuckin' Alberto Del Rio thanks to fuckin' Kevin Nash at SummerSlam 2011. Punk then loses to Triple H at Night of Champions 2011. So frustrating. Again too many WWE Championship and World Heavyweight Championship changes in 2011.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, The Great ML said:

“And that’s when I took it personal.” ~ M. Jordan

Dude, a Crying Jordan meme... IT'S RIGHT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

His big Summer of Punk ended in a ladder match between HHH VS Kevin Nash. He has all the rights to be still pissed about that time. 

The cool thing is, I could totally see AEW paying Nash for a one-off to eat a knee during that Darby match for the hell of it. That's where we are in wrestling. Just pick a living person in the business and it's entirely possible they show up. 

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 3