DVDVR Message Board

[SEPT 2019] WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

The Dynamic Dudes gimmick was ahead of it's time. Alternatively he heard about this Darby Allin kid in Evolve and figured "We signed everyone from Evolve, he must be around here somewhere".

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

NWA just announced that their TV show will be 6 pm EST on Thursdays. But it is Facebook and Youtube so you can pretty much watch it whenever the fuck you want.

Billy sure loves to burn through that Smashing Pumpkins money

that'll be Tuesdays they said, starting next week (Oct 8 )

Edited by DreamBroken

David Starr newspaper interview:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/wrestling/david-starr-i-cant-work-20375754

Apparently he's blacklisted from ROH and WWE now.

Anyway:

• Monday is WWE RAW
  • Tuesday is NWA Power & Impact Impact (soon)
  • Wednesday is AEW Dynamite vs NXT
  • Thursday is Beyond Wrestling Uncharted Territory (if you sub to iw.tv)
  • Friday is WWE Smackdown
  • Saturday is MLW Fusion (?) and AEW PPVs
  • Sunday is WWE PPVs
Edited by AxB
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, AxB said:

Anyway:

• Monday is WWE RAW
  • Tuesday is NWA Power & Impact Impact (soon)
  • Wednesday is AEW Dynamite vs NXT
  • Thursday is Beyond Wrestling Uncharted Territory (if you sub to iw.tv)
  • Friday is WWE Smackdown
  • Saturday is MLW Fusion (?) and AEW PPVs
  • Sunday is WWE PPVs

AXS still has WOW & NJPW on Saturdays as well right now, plus NXT UK on Thursdays.

You also have CMLL on YouTube for Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. As well as occasional AAA shows airing on Twitch TV.

In a perfect world one of us will tell the rest of us that they found this crazy hip-hop wrestling federation in the middle of the night on their local MyTV, and we can add it to the list.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, AxB said:

David Starr newspaper interview:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/wrestling/david-starr-i-cant-work-20375754

Apparently he's blacklisted from ROH and WWE now.

Being blacklisted from ROH doesn't seem like such a bad thing. I doubt WWE would have had much interest in Starr other than to keep him from going elsewhere.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

1 hour ago, AxB said:

David Starr is the man. I know it goes against his independent lifestyle but I hope he works with AEW at least on a partial basis. He's just so good at everything and I wish more wrestlers took his stance on unionizing. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

You also have CMLL on YouTube for Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. As well as occasional AAA shows airing on Twitch TV.

In a perfect world one of us will tell the rest of us that they found this crazy hip-hop wrestling federation in the middle of the night on their local MyTV, and we can add it to the list.

If only. In a fun (to me, at least) side tangent: I was watching the Urban Wrestling Federation shows on Youtube and realized that, at the time, my sister worked for the company who distributed them. They also distribute those cheap ppvs you will see of "extreme" women's wrestling, "classic" wrestling and some CZW with new commentary. The local cable company is always running one of these shows and their Youtube channel has them all to watch. I asked her about it and she told me she met some "crazy guy who wouldn't stop talking about how he started extreme wrestling and everyone ripped him off all over the world." I asked her who she was talking about and she couldn't remember. Turns out it was Steve Karel and he is a jerk, in her words.