DVDVR Message Board

[SEPT 2019] WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

By Mike Johnson on 2019-09-09 03:29:00
Joe Pedicino, who over the course of his career has hosted and produced a number of professional wrestling series and worked as a commentator for World Championship Wrestling, suffered a stroke back in June and is currently bed-ridden while undergoing physical therapy due to the loss of the use of his right leg and has had to learn to speak again.  Pedicino's wife, former WWF announcer Boni Blackstone, made the announcement regarding Pedicino's health over the weekend with a YouTube video she released showing Pedicino's progress as he battles back from his health issues.

• Sad 5

4 hours ago, BurningBeard said:

This brought back some memories

Low-Ki was the big name independent wrestler I couldn't get into when I started watching ROH and TNA via The Wrestling Channel in the UK. Bryan Danielson was always my favourite wrestler from that time, then Samoa Joe and AJ Styles. I have even less even time for Low-Ki knowing what he's really like. The bridge burner.

Edited by The Natural

9 minutes ago, The Natural said:

5f7449c1b5aea8c7bc4076c00ac59e4b.png

WWE Four Horsewomen on the WWE Four Horsewomen. Must read:

https://www.espn.co.uk/wwe/story/_/id/27573590/wwe-four-horsewomen-reflect-present-future

that was a good read and actually made me interested in seeing this match. hopefully it gets posted to youtube or something in its entirety soon.

thanks for sharing

• Thanks 1

Speaking of Goldberg, they filmed that Riddle/Goldberg interaction apparently and it wasn't an accident that Riddle was booked for Watch Along and was there during his match. So maybe they're actually trying to do an angle.

13 minutes ago, Casey said:

Speaking of Goldberg, they filmed that Riddle/Goldberg interaction apparently and it wasn't an accident that Riddle was booked for Watch Along and was there during his match. So maybe they're actually trying to do an angle.

God...If that's the case, do we get Goldberg appearing on NXT?

That would be weird, but I wouldn't put it past Vince to try and win some kind of bullshit ratings war.

8 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I was scrolling through ESPN reading that article and it brought me to an article on AEW.  I didn't know ESPN covered other promotions too. 

It's rare but it happens occasionally - usually though it is because the article is about a "name" person

Like this one about CM Punk from July

Or there are two different articles about Cain Velasquez starting to wrestle

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

WWE Four Horsewomen on the WWE Four Horsewomen. Must read:

https://www.espn.co.uk/wwe/story/_/id/27573590/wwe-four-horsewomen-reflect-present-future

That was a nice read. Didn't realize Bayley came in later after Charlotte. Its also interesting that Bayley's tryout match was against Sasha. Their careers really are so very intertwined. I like Charlotte mentioning how their characters grew from each other.

I am sure this will also get posted in the NXT Thread and I will get pissy but whatever

As noticed by someone reddit - it appears the WWE - at least for Royal Rumble - will run When Worlds Collide as the Network show instead of a Takeover

https://www.wwe.com/shows/royalrumble/article/royal-rumble-2020-travel-packages

That is based on the wording of the Rumble travel packages.

An early thought going around is that (as theorized somewhere) - Takeover wouldn't be attached to PPV weekends and instead become their own thing (and possibly air on FS1)

17 hours ago, Ace said:

Lacey Evans is a completely failed experiment. Which is a pity since Macey Estrella actually seems interesting and not so goddamn fake.

I enjoy Lacey Evans goofing on Guevara for not rolling well. I think her character work is really, really good. Like she fully gets who "Lacey Evans" is, but her incredulous tone about someone's forward roll as if she is some new version of Harley fucking Race makes me laugh.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Nice. Can't wait to see Goldberg win.

• Like 1

I read the AEW article on ESPN. It said WWE Raw usually has 3 million viewers, Smackdown can go as low as 1.8 million, and there are 1.5 million subscribers to WWE Network. Are those all North American numbers, or is the Network subs Worldwide? Because if that's all American, that makes them look like they might have some problems down the line.

American averages for tv, not counting global. Anyway Raw gets around 2 million plus and Smackdown can get 2 million plus.  Still higher than every other fed viewed in USA.  Numbers were higher a decade ago.

They're hoping for a boost for SD on FOX.

Edited by D.Z