DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SUMMER 2019

RIPPA

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Does Vince know she works for him? Or is he just confused as to why there are three Asukas?

"Why don't any of our asian wrestlers throw salt damn it?! I swear you kids don't listen to any of my ideas anymore!"

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

With the TNT premiere coming up, I think the real question is

Does Punk own any white button-downs?

14 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

...And does he like train sets?

Can he grow a Luger mullet?

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Does Vince know she works for him? Or is he just confused as to why there are three Asukas?

HHH tells Vince there's a third Jumping Bomb Angel.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm pretty tired right now so forgive me but these posts in here from @Flair’s Shadow don't sound THAT crazy..     I don't think Punk is coming back to wrestle but I could see him being involved in an angle during the weekend of All Out and maybe leading into him managing a guy vs. Cody or something like that.

Ever since we heard that AEW was going to be a thing, I believed Punk would come back in some way, shape or form. I don't see him being around long term, but Niners Fan makes sense to me. I don't think Flair's Shadow sounds crazy at all. An angle starting with a starrcast altercation leading to something going down on the PPV leading to Punk appearing on the first show to back someone against Cody? Crazier things have happened

• Like 1

I don't think anyone who believes Vince wants his top women to have a certain look is "crazy." It doesn't matter how diverse the roster of women he is hiring,  the main women who have been pushed to the moon are Charlotte,  Lacey Evans and Alexa Bliss and another named Mandy Rose is billed as a "goddess" and the commentary drools over her every second of every match.  

You can point to Becky Lynch all you want she is in a Daniel Bryan position where the audience got really behind her and Vince decided it would be best for business to give her a run.  The match was supposed to be Charlotte vs. Ronda and when it became clear the audience wanted Becky vs. Ronda,  Charlotte was still inserted into the match.  

When most women are injured they are gone from the show.  Alexa Bliss is given a talk show gig and she is also placed as a manager for other women.  Some will argue she's good on the microphone, she is okay but the segments are all terrible.

When most women aren't in title feuds they don't have a PPV match at all.   Charlotte will still be on one of the premier matches at SummerSlam.  

Alexa Bliss has 3 title reigns a combined 396 days as RAW Women's Champion.  Then 2 SDL reigns for another 106 days. 

Charlotte has 4 title reigns a combined 242 days as RAW Women's Champion. Then another 4 SDL title reigns for another 185 days.     Bayley,  Sasha and Nia Jax have all less than 80 days as RAW  champion.  Asuka had one reign on SDL for 99 days. Naomi had 2 reigns for a combined 146 days.  

I don't think it's crazy. 

• Like 2

Other than Wendi Richter, the modern wwf has pushed Madusa, Trish, Lita, Michelle, AJ, and then to a lesser extent Stacy, Torrie, Melina, Nattie, Beth, Molly, Kelly and Victoria before the alleged revolution. (And then theres Terri, Jackie, the Cat and others)

It's hard not to see a preference overall. 

27 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Sable and Sunny, as the pushed stars of the Attitude Era, along with Trish, solidify the original theory. ?

Sure as long as you purposely leave off Chyna and Lita as well.

When Chyna was Women's champion, she was pretty much portrayed as being above the division. Made kayfabe sense, in terms of being a former IC Champion and having had competitive matches with men up until that point. She wasn't the best worker in the division at the time. One of the worst, honestly.

Also unmentioned is three time champ (for a combined 260 days) Eve Torres. Although I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation why her not fitting the narrative should be excluded from the conversation, just like Becky doesn't count because she's so popular that Vince was FORCED to make her the most heavily-pushed act in the company for an entire year.

Surely we can find some actual AEW stuff to discuss. Like.. The music in that Ambrose promo was really something. What did they ask for? "Get us something as close to the Dark Knight Rises score as possible without getting us sued." 

So someone correct me if I've missed something but this is the announced card so far for All Out, right?

Omega vs Moxley

Hangman vs Jericho

Young Bucks vs Lucha Bros

Best Friends vs Dark Order

Cody vs Spears

Janela vs Havoc vs Allin

That's all I remember hearing as announced. 

Mickie James and Eve Torres were the faces of the division?   No.  They were never pushed in that way,  it's ridiculous to suggest that they were pushed in that way.  It's like me saying Mark Henry was the face of WWE.  It never happened.  He had his 'Hall of Pain' run,  cool.  I wish they did more with it.  He wasn't the main guy in WWE.  Ever.   Same for Eve and Mickie. 

There's no "narrative" .... it's fact.   Mickie was always a #2 whether that was playing off of Trish or playing off of  Michelle McCool.  

Edited by Niners Fan in CT
  • Like 1