DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Fuck The Shield - 8/20/2018

Dolfan in NYC

29 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

One more thing that didn't make sense -  Finn Balor becomes "DEMON" for Constable Corbin but not for a title match?   Why?  

It's like using your power-up in a video game.  You gotta wait a while for it to charge to use it up again.  Finn used it all up.  Now he's gotta wait a few weeks.  

I only saw clips after the fact but this is the first RAW all year that makes me want to watch next week's show.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

It's like using your power-up in a video game.  You gotta wait a while for it to charge to use it up again.  Finn used it all up.  Now he's gotta wait a few weeks.  

Just to make sure we have all nerd bases covered, it is also like using a spell slot and you need a long rest and to buy some paper and diamonds before you can use it again.

• Like 4

Raw Is...Feuds You Were Tired of Three Weeks Ago!

-Corbin-Balor seems like it’s stii going on, probably with Corbin messing with him as GM now  

-The Riot Squad vs Hug, Boss, Ember has been going for so long in one variation or another that Ruby had time to start the feud, get injured, heal up, and return with NOTHING having really developed.

-Revival/B-Team? Oh yeah still going. 

-Dolph/Drew-Rollins and friend. Still going. 

-Ronda-Steph/Alexa.  Seems like it’s still a thing.  

-And of course the interminable AOP-Titus Worldwide feud goes on but with the shocking development of Dana finding a flaw that didn’t turn into anything at all. 

Man I really was hoping Seth was going to clothesline Roman to form a new unbeatable Shield of Braun, Dean and Rollins with Reigns recruiting the AOP as his back-up.  

I’d also like to add that it’s a real gutsy move to have 20+ minutes of your first post-Summerslam half hour of Raw with a guy who got squashed in like two minutes last night. When the crowd is chanting “Boring” in your first match of the night, someone did not plan appropriately. 

• Like 1

The crowd going Dead. Silent. for the opening match was a hoot. They just could not be arsed at all. The women's tag and -- amazed I'm saying this -- the Ambrose/Ziggler match were really good. Also that crazy fast fireman's carry from one of the Albanians which even the commentary team marked out for. 

We could all really do without self-congratulatory HHH and queen bitch Steph getting mic time ever again though

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

It might have just been good acting but some of the women out there looked like they couldn't have given two fucks about the Stephanie speech and Ronda coming out.  It's always kinf of dumb to bring all the women out like that anyway.   They don't bring out Lashley and Braun and have them stand around for nothing so why do it with the females. 

Plus it felt disingenuous having  a segment where Ronda is simultaneously trumpeted as a huge star 9all those newspapers!) and also tries to present herself as someone who considers herself just like any of the other women.

I will always mark when I heard SIERRA! HOTEL! INDIGO! Their initial run was the WWE at its peak. Every week was a guaranteed 20-minute thriller. I loved how the were always going to win - as they should - but the puzzle as to how they would do so would constantly change. They had their trademark spots, but everything was so different. 

They should just keep those guys together forever. Especially for Roman. Roman in The Shield was so incredibly over. That Royal Rumble where he set the record? That Survivor Series where he beat everyone? The buzz when he was the last one standing for The Shield against The Wyatts? I love all three of those dudes, but they will always be The Shied. 

It was also a great callback to their debut, when they tossed Ryback through the table (and then made him their personal chewtoy until he ended up selling nutritional supplements for a living). Would really be into seeing 

I would love it if they could just pair Bray up with The Bludgeon Brothers and brought The New Day over and have The Balor Club form for real and put someone cool with The Bar (Ohno?) or give KO and Sami a third wheel or etc. 

The other thing with all the six-man stuff: It makes three hours on Monday a lot easier to fill. It doesn't have to be 3X3 evey week. Tags can split (like Seth/Roman vs. The Rhodes Brothers) and the like. It all just chews up time with quality matches that can build off of each other. So much of Daniel Bryan's rise came because he was such an incredible hot tag in any of the few dozen matches he had against The Shield.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Just to make sure we have all nerd bases covered, it is also like using a spell slot and you need a long rest and to buy some paper and diamonds before you can use it again.

Okay but why use your potions and resources on a level 1 goon.  Why not save them for Boss battle?!  Finn is a fucking novice 

• Like 4

Thankful for the Shield.

As for the Demon.... I took it as being a special SummerSlam thing since he's done it every year there if I remember right since 2016. That or Corbin beat him clean in their last match that went 20 minutes on Raw so that's why he felt he had to bust it out for that match of all matches.

I loved the HHH promo. So much hype. "THE ERA IS BACK~!!!"

40 minutes ago, caley said:

-The Riot Squad vs Hug, Boss, Ember has been going for so long in one variation or another that Ruby had time to start the feud, get injured, heal up, and return with NOTHING having really developed.

I thought to myself "this has been going for like two months", so I looked it up and sure enough, June 25 RAW, The Riott Squad defeated Ember, Sasha, and Bayley. It also took place on June 4 which seems to be when the 'feud' started.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

That joke is older than the combined ages of Triple H and The Undertaker. 

Speaking of which, I don't know what they're expecting out of Taker in Australia. Wasn't trotting him out at WM and Saudi Arabia bad enough?

• Like 1