DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Ultimately Deleted - 3/19/2018

Dolfan in NYC

4 minutes ago, Hagan said:

At least if they're the centerpiece of that battle royale there's a spotlight and a story, especially if either wins the "historic, first annual women's evolution Wrestlemania moment battle invitational" or whatever.

How much did that do for Mojo's Rawley's career?  Come on now. 

DZH2cc3.gif

• Like 2

Well, Ultimate Deletion was infinitely better than anything I was expecting to see on Raw. Can't believe that happened.

Would be so incredible if that was the end of the Bray character, but oh well. 

Cesaro/Stroman was also fun. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

How much did that do for Mojo's Rawley's career?  Come on now. 

Hey now - Jinder took that Gronk rub all the way to the WWE title. Not saying it's an ideal spot but short of them getting time on the kickoff show (which would piss everyone off anyway) I don't think their angle is hot enough to make it on the main show. Not that they're not talented and great but you saw a hot Dallas crowd that could have given fuck all about both of them. At least in the battle royale you can "tell a story" and build to a singles match that might mean something.

I mean, it's looking iffy if Randy fucking Orton is gonna make the main show this year. Actually, it's shocking they haven't added Bayley and Sasha to the Bliss and Jax match because that's gonna be some creative booking to be anything other than a ten second squash (which I'm assuming it will be and should be if it's one-on-one). 

3 minutes ago, Hagan said:

Hey now - Jinder took that Gronk rub all the way to the WWE title. Not saying it's an ideal spot but short of them getting time on the kickoff show (which would piss everyone off anyway) I don't think their angle is hot enough to make it on the main show. Not that they're not talented and great but you saw a hot Dallas crowd that could have given fuck all about both of them. At least in the battle royale you can "tell a story" and build to a singles match that might mean something.

I mean, it's looking iffy if Randy fucking Orton is gonna make the main show this year. Actually, it's shocking they haven't added Bayley and Sasha to the Bliss and Jax match because that's gonna be some creative booking to be anything other than a ten second squash (which I'm assuming it will be and should be if it's one-on-one). 

I just think it's funny that you bring up crowd reaction when the MAIN EVENT of WM is going to have 70,000 people booing the face of the company and being otherwise apathetic to the other guy who is leaving for UFC.  

Dallas doesn't speak for everyone.  Women's wrestling has gotten great reactions in other venues. 

2 minutes ago, bink_winkleman said:

Would be so incredible if that was the end of the Bray character, but oh well. 

WWE F'n loves Bray, but it really would be the best for his career if he was released tomorrow.  He is nobody.  He is nothing.  This Matt Hardy feud actually dragged Matt down.  He needs a year on his own reinventing himself and making people miss what they never missed in the first place.  He's been a fake Jake "The Snake" Roberts for way too long now.

4 minutes ago, Hagan said:

Orton is defending the us title

8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention how sad the clips from the early Wyatt vignettes made me. A potential goldmine of a character pissed away... :(

I still think he had potentional, but turning him into super natural boogey man instead of psycho hillbilly cult leader was a mistake.

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

WWE F'n loves Bray, but it really would be the best for his career if he was released tomorrow.  He is nobody.  He is nothing.  This Matt Hardy feud actually dragged Matt down.  He needs a year on his own reinventing himself and making people miss what they never missed in the first place.  He's been a fake Jake "The Snake" Roberts for way too long now.

Bray Wyatt in Suzuki-Gun. He could take Takashi Iizuka's spot.

21 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention how sad the clips from the early Wyatt vignettes made me. A potential goldmine of a character pissed away... :(

Same. It's crazy to me how every former Wyatt Family member is in a better spot than him now. Erick fucking Rowan is in a better spot. 

I guess the good news is that every character in WWE is only about 8-10 weeks of decisive wins away from regaining credibility.

16 minutes ago, badfish69 said:

Thought the graveyard bit was a little hokey,  but overall I liked it.  The ending was cool with the Brother Nero appearance.  I guess Micheal Cole isn't a fan though.

You mean Vince McMahon using Michael Cole's voice isn't a fan.

That Roman segment was atrocious. Although I do hope a bunch of neckbeards in real life try to beat up three cops hoping that the officers will just vanish in to the night afterwards.

• Haha 3

The Roman/Brock segment was decent enough.

Dug the Nia trying to murder Alexa.

Rousey's video package was great.

The Sasha/Bayley stuff was decent enough. I'm fine with them not getting their match at WM with the way they have been building the feud. I couldn't see it making it past pre-show or getting decent time anyways.

Ultimate Deletion was fun though still not as good as the TNA versions. Felt like they were still holding back.

Just now, Brian Fowler said:

That's one of those "WWE laying it on too thick" things. US Marshalls don't deal with employees trespassing.

Otherwise, I thought it was fine. 

My theory is that Vince couldn't think of what the Texas Rangers are called.

"Goddam, guys, get me some of those special cops! The kind Chuck Norris is!"

"Hey boss, you mean Texas Rangers?"

"No goddammit! Not those special cops! The OTHER Special cops..."

Just my theory.

53 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm reading on twitter that the live crowd was not shown The Ultimate Deletion.  Instead it was some sort of in-ring segment with Dana Brooke and Ronda Rousey. 

Ronda was about to cut a promo, Dana came out and talked some trash, Dana went to hit her and Ronda blocked it then hit a suplex and that’s that.

Elias was out next, did his in-ring song stuff for 10 minutes before Braun came out and MDK’d him.

1 hour ago, sydneybrown said:

Let's be honest, Matt wasn't that high up to get drug down. Honestly the Bray/Matt feud was perfect for where both men are. 

Thought the Ultimate Deletion was entertaining fun. The original will always be the greatest. This was like a 'greatest hits' of Broken Matt getting to include all the characters and objects of the Broken Universe. The Lake of Reincarnation is gonna turn Bray back into Sister Abigail since we never got the Balor/Abigail match from TLC. Sonya Deville always rules. Loved Alexa/Asuka again, they work very well together and their first match remains one of my favorites of the year. Post-match stuff was great too with the crowd hot for babyface Nia.

• Like 1