DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

1 hour ago, HumanChessgame said:

The supporting players (Vanguard 1, Senor Benjamin, Dilapidated Boat, etc) and location skits were just as big a part of what made the Broken gimmick work.  These toned down promos aren't enough by themselves.

latest?cb=20151017215909&path-prefix=pro

"God damn pal, what the hell kind of nonsense are you talking about? Senor Benjamin? We can't have that pal, people will confuse him with SHELTON Benjamin! God damn! And a god damned drone? It can't even cut promos! We can't sell them in the arenas! What the hell use is a drone to us? God damn! And a boat? Who cares about a boat? People don't tune into Raw to watch a god damn boat pal! God damn!"

Edited by BrianS81177
Punctuation pal, god damn!
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

Too many sharp edges and small pieces pal. God damn!

In all seriousness though, this is why "Woken" Matt will ultimately fall flat. Broken Matt had creative freedom and was basically allowed to do whatever the hell he came up with. "Woken" Matt is being written by a bunch of hacks who couldn't get jobs writing for sitcoms, and has to be approved by an out of touch 73 year old cocaine addict. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Does Matt have any creative input into the segments?

I'm assuming the character is wholly in the hands of the same creative team that thought Jason Jordan,  GM's son, might be a breakout babyface.

Jordan was never supposed to be a babyface. The entire deal was intended for him to evolve into a heel.

1 minute ago, nate said:

We are doing March Madness this year, right?

I hope so.

I don't have much going for me, in this life.  So I need this.

Be prepared for disappointment

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 6

I liked the Broken stuff initially because it was shot so differently and it had this really dark undertone to it.  It was a guy that lost the World Title and blamed his brother and snapped to the point that his kid was afraid of what he became and the only way he could become unbroken was to delete his brother from existence.  And Jeff was really doing some great character work looking completely distraught about being "deleted" and not being able to interact with his Creatures all while his crazy sister-in-law is screaming in his face.  I think the whole gimmick just completely lost any kind of direction when Brother Nero fully embraced his obsolescence.  Then it really came off like a bunch of random wacky shit done with the purpose of it going viral with internet memes and gifs.

The Woken stuff doesn't work at all cause there was absolutely no journey to it.  If you don't know the TNA gimmick then you've got no context.  He's just this broken down chuckling hillbilly making stupid faces and screaming "DELETE" over and over while some fans do a Nazi salute.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ultimo Necro said:

We can skip MM this year and just go straight to the Elias v Braun Strowman final that we would get, and as we saw on Raw, Braun wins via Cello to the back annihilation.

And deprive us of the Omega vs Braun showdown which would produce enough salt to materially affect the salt market? 

2 minutes ago, BEN! said:

The Woken stuff doesn't work at all cause there was absolutely no journey to it.  If you don't know the TNA gimmick then you've got no context.  He's just this broken down chuckling hillbilly making stupid faces and screaming "DELETE" over and over while some fans do a Nazi salute.

He’s like any other fully developed NXT callup.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

If the final came down to Braun and Elias, it would end like every other year where there's a clear cut winner. Braun will be in the lead, but not by a lot, and then will lose to Elias at the last second by one vote.