DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

No, yeah, I got that. I just think they'd get a bigger reaction from Sasha turning heel on Bayley in San Jose rather than Bayley turning heel on Sasha in San Jose.

But, this is WWE, so it's entirely possible you're right.

I'm working on the assumption that someone high up at Breitbart is sitting on WWE stock and they figured it was worth a shot to use whatever influence they had as the television contract deal approaches. I mean, it's probably negligible in the grand scheme of things when Variety and other outlets do very favorable articles in a similar vein and Breitbart is so polarizing, but that doesn't mean that wasn't the intention. 

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

It won't blow up or anything, but this will absolutely cause a non-zero amount of internet drama. Some people can't help but immediately dig into their respective trenches. 

You mean like Bix, who's already pearl clutching about this?

Really, it's a non-story.

• Like 1

It probably is, but from what I've seen on Twitter, people are outraged because: 1) It's Breitbart and 2) They're linking to a website that promotes extremely bigoted and racist material, and the common complaint among the Twitter fans seems to be "but yet you fired Hogan for saying the "N" word". So, hypocrisy at it's finest, but it's entirely possible that whoever runs the WWE PR Twitter just doesn't give a fuck and hopes no one high up notices or cares. It's not a "verified" Twitter account anyway, so...

14 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Wasn't that Lita's gimmick?

She was so depressed from all the drama surrounding the men in her life ( Being stuck with Essa Rios, The Jericho/Christian 'bet', Dean Malenko trying to date her, Matt & Edge, Edge & Kane, Kane & Snitsky...) that she was trying to commit suicide by moonsault?

Wait... I thought the Jericho/Christian bet was for Trish?

2 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Wait... I thought the Jericho/Christian bet was for Trish?

Lita was involved. She was the one Christian was going for while Jericho was going for Trish. Whoever slept with their target first won the princely sum of one Canadian dollar.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm hoping nobody turns tonight because I really want to see them fight at WrestleMania but this fucking company is just going to have a big women's battle royal aren't they?   So two title matches and everyone else is thrown in a BS nothing match.   

WOMEN'S REVOLUTION.  

Don't forget the part timer match involving Steph and Ronda which will get top billing. You've got that, a couple matches which the company cares about, and a clusterfuck to get everyone their pay day.

Proportional to the male roster, that's roughly the same deal. 

EQUALITY

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm hoping nobody turns tonight because I really want to see them fight at WrestleMania but this fucking company is just going to have a big women's battle royal aren't they?   So two title matches and everyone else is thrown in a BS nothing match.   

WOMEN'S REVOLUTION.  

Considering that the Smackdown women's division this year should go down as Exhibit A for "If Everyone is Special, then No One Is Special'  booking, actually giving at least three one on one women's matches, given some time and build to be made important, and throw everyone else in a women's battle royal to match the men's battle royal would be a big improvement.

If the women's revolution is faltering , it is directly because Diva Stan Twitter has decided that "if (Their personal favorite) isn't the biggest star in the women's division then it's no better than the kiddie pool filled with pudding. Hell, it may even be WORSE than that era."