DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

4 hours ago, Captain Kronos said:

I am feeling adventurous tonight. 

Someone give me a good HHH match to watch on the Network - one without Foley. 

vs. The Rock, Judgment Day 2000.

vs. Chris Jericho, Fully Loaded 2000.

vs. Batista, Vengeance 2005.

vs. John Cena, WrestleMania 22.

vs. The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXVII and XXVIII.

vs. Daniel Bryan, WrestleMania XXX.

Avoid like fuck the match with Shawn Michaels in Hell in a Cell at Bad Blood 2004. 47 minutes feel lot longer.

6 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

I remember loving the epic HIAC match with HBK at the time but went and rewatched it recently and it didn't really hold up. Felt too plodding for the type of match HIAC is supposed to be

I didn't like it at the time and have no urge to see what I think now.

Shawn Michaels and Triple H were hit and miss together.

Triple H and Randy Orton only ever had one good match, Last Man Standing at No Mercy 2007. It paled to the two other Last Man Standing matches in 2007: John Cena vs. Umaga at the Royal Rumble and Undertaker vs. Batista from Backlash.

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Avoid like fuck the match with Shawn Michaels in Hell in a Cell at Bad Blood 2004. 47 minutes feel lot longer.

Holy shit, that actually went 47 minutes!? I know I’ve seen it (during the initial airing only), but I was most likely tanked and with friends. We probably liked it at the time, but holy hell, at 47 minutes, I’m not watching that again. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Vs Austin in 3 Stages of Hell

with Austin v Jericho and Benoit on Raw.

He already said no Benoit, after I offered up WM 20. It’s understandable. Not all of us are able to watch his matches. I mean, I have no issue, but also have no issue with those who don’t want to. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Holy shit, that actually went 47 minutes!? I know I’ve seen it (during the initial airing only), but I was most likely tanked and with friends. We probably liked it at the time, but holy hell, at 47 minutes, I’m not watching that again. 

Yes, 47 minutes. Like you, not revisiting it.

6 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

I dunno, how about his match vs HBK from The SummerSlam in ‘02? 

I second this, that match was incredible and ended up being the start of what was essentially HBK's second career.

Another one: Rock vs HHH from SummerSlam 98. One of the more important matches in company history as it to a degree "made" both guys. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

another good one with Michaels was the one where Michaels knee was legit injured in the build-up. I think it was one of those Cyber Sunday type shows where the three challengers went to a public vote. Wrestling fans are assholes, lol. 

Good call. Taboo Tuesday 2004.

• Like 1

Quick follow-up about the PPVs

Backlash (the May PPV) is definitely now a co-branded show.

Meltzer said that the official response he got from the WWE was "An announcement is forthcoming regarding this question" so basically it is definitely happening.

And yes - the fear is that every PPV is becoming 4 hours

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Quick follow-up about the PPVs

Backlash (the May PPV) is definitely now a co-branded show.

Meltzer said that the official response he got from the WWE was "An announcement is forthcoming regarding this question" so basically it is definitely happening.

And yes - the fear is that every PPV is becoming 4 hours

I'd rather you guys have to sit through 4 hour PPVs than people lose their jobs.

• Like 3

It's not an album. It is an episode of Ride Along (notice the logo in the bottom left).

They already advertised the Ride Along a few weeks ago.

I mean I guess it could be a soundtrack too but the genesis is a Ride Along episode

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So there is a report going around that starting with the May 6th PPV (the first one after Mania) all WWE PPVs are going to be co-branded.

Someone asked Meltzer if that was true and he replied that he believed it was true but hasn’t confirmed it yet.

Low ticket sales had been cited as a big reason

It's almost as if having one title on an experiment that was failing yet still got put over your 2nd hottest act for too long a reign and the other held hostage by a guy that barely shows up 5 times a year wasn't the best business decision.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It's not an album. It is an episode of Ride Along (notice the logo in the bottom left).

They already advertised the Ride Along a few weeks ago.

I mean I guess it could be a soundtrack too but the genesis is a Ride Along episode

Have you watched the episode yet? They shown him recording in the studio and preview about 4 songs.