DVDVR Message Board

OCT 2017 WRESTLING JIBBER JABBER

RIPPA

9 hours ago, Infinit said:

The terms for Brock vs Jinder at SS should be the winner's brand gets number 30 at the Royal Rumble. Or something else that makes the outcome mean something, since it's non title.

In a perfect world Austin is the special ref with both champs leaving the company after the match. He stuns the hell out of everyone and both titles are held up. At the Rumble the final 2 get to challenge each other in a best out of 3 falls match at mania to unify the titles. Winner of rumble comes into match with a one fall advantage. Roman and Cena are final two with Roman the winner. Now someone give me the book.

12 minutes ago, JohnnyJ said:

In a perfect world Austin is the special ref with both champs leaving the company after the match. He stuns the hell out of everyone and both titles are held up. At the Rumble the final 2 get to challenge each other in a best out of 3 falls match at mania to unify the titles. Winner of rumble comes into match with a one fall advantage. Roman and Cena are final two with Roman the winner. Now someone give me the book.

So you now have a unified world title but two brands running 'ppv' every month. Is the champ going to have to defend the belt on both shows ppv and do build for both matches?

I don't think it would be necessary. Currently Brock shows up whenever and Jinder ain't exactly a draw. I would have the champ appear almost exclusively on his brand. Elevate the secondary titles. The other brand would have opportunities to take the title to their show at major ppvs and through deals worked out between the gms. 

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Did CZW ever have a match with the stip that the loser would get a communicable disease?  Or was that actually every match?  And not just the loser?

Incredibly Strange Wrestling once had a "box full of AIDS-infected syringes" match.

• Sad 1

Meltzer

There really isn't much to the story of Nia Jax's situation with WWE, which has gotten overblown due to the lack of information out on it.

Jax has a few weeks off, until the European tour. You can call it a leave of absence, although she and WWE are both denying that, but that's a vague terminology and it could be called that.

WWE's tour of Europe will kick off in Glasgow, Scotland on November 1st.

Jax is just resting up since she wasn't figured into any major storylines, but according to those close to her, stories that she stormed off at Raw (she wasn't even at Raw to begin with), asked for a leave of absence, or is unhappy with her pay are all untrue.

The first person from WWE to comment publicly on Jax's situation was Alexa Bliss, who is good friends with her and spoke to the New York Post yesterday. Bliss said Jax is taking some time off because the schedule is grueling but that she expects her back sooner rather than later.

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/nia-jax-returning-wwe-time-european-tour-244876

13 hours ago, nate said:

Braun Strawman arguments are okay.

What would one of those entail? Something like: 

GRAGGGH!!! *throws chair* 

or somesuch?

• Haha 1

• RIPPA locked this topic
  • RIPPA unlocked this topic
9 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

Incredibly Strange Wrestling once had a "box full of AIDS-infected syringes" match.

Was it that or just this guy? 

Latest weird gimmick at Incredibly Strange Wrestling is a wrestler known as the HIV Kid. His gimmick is that he does run-ins and clears the ring by obviously blading himself and chasing the heels off.

9 hours ago, Craig H said:

What the fuck. Who would even pay to see that shit.

I think it was more glorified performance art than anything. I swear someone who posted here at some point had an attachment to them. I could be wrong on that and confusing with another board.

...and then there is this. The Great Power Uti has been taken into custody reference the death of his wife. A Nigerian Police spokesman said a bloody saxophone was found at the scene. (Kidding about the last part) 

http://punchng.com/nigerian-wrestling-champion-power-uti-arrested-over-wifes-death/

EDIT: I did LOL after reading the name of the actual police spokesman. Famous Cole. 

I wish you hadn't added the kidding part, I would have totally bought it.  

For anyone who doesn't know, one of the great wrestling podcasts ever was Cliff Compton telling Colt Cabana about the nightmare he went through after agreeing to wrestle in Nigeria.  You think the promoters here are a piece of shit...