DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

6 minutes ago, Victator said:

Ted Dibiase in a shoot did not like Robert Fuller as a booker in Georgia. One of his complaints was that all the champions were heels. To be honest I could not quite figure out why that is bad, 

There's an argument that Ted never became NWA champ due to how he was booked there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

There's an argument that Ted never became NWA champ due to how he was booked there.

I think Ted feels that way. He felt Fuller was a great talent but a terrible booker. 

I saw when he booked Memphis in 88 and it was a mixed bag. I thought there too many run in finishes. Felt like 97 WCW in some ways with heels being pushed too strongly. 

Not having Lawler full time was definitely a problem. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Victator said:

Ted Dibiase in a shoot did not like Robert Fuller as a booker in Georgia. One of his complaints was that all the champions were heels. To be honest I could not quite figure out why that is bad, 

Maybe he's mad because he had to team with Stan Frazier.

On 6/6/2017 at 2:15 PM, mattdangerously said:

Actually, that's -16 years, which would give them the record for winning a title in the shortest amount of time.

Don't make me call Professor Steiner over to explain new math to us again.

• Like 7

Did Rusev ever show up on Smackdown to confront Shane?  I think they aired a vignette saying he was going to SDL the following week to demand a title shot from Shane, but that was something like 4-6 weeks ago.  Did I miss something?

8 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Did Rusev ever show up on Smackdown to confront Shane?  I think they aired a vignette saying he was going to SDL the following week to demand a title shot from Shane, but that was something like 4-6 weeks ago.  Did I miss something?

They dropped the whole Rusev angle to hurriedly accommodate the last-minute Jinder push.  

All American Boy Big Bartholomew better be running in to beat the shit out of Jinder after he retains.

Montreal, Bulgaria, Memphis, Nashville; eh close enough. I don't really need an excuse for the goodness of Jacques Rougeau singing.

I'm fully expecting him to show up the SD after Money in the Bank and beating the hell out of Shane for not responding to his demands and disrespecting Lana, leading to a Summerslam match. 

• Like 1

I think Rusev shows up during the Orton-Mahal match attacking Orton leading to a program (yawn) between the two. I'd like it if Rusev shows up and attacks both Mahal and Orton leading to some build up to Mahal vs Orton vs Rusev on the July 4th SmackDown.

30 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Twitter Machine is saying Alexa Bliss and Nia Jax are getting added to Total Divas

Given how the show tends to focus on certain...features that the women have I imagine things are going to get even weirder with some people here.  But I'm all for Alexa and Nia being on the show especially considering they're best friends.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Just say it, Nice Guy Eddie is going to need to be banned from the wrestling forum during the next season of Total Divas. :)

Well, that goes without saying, but I figure he'd get enough grief for it. :)

I'm curious to see how many versions of "Settle down, Hollywood Cibernetico" Rippa's going to be dishing out.  More importantly I hope I'm not one of the ones he has to tell that to.

But while the thread's been dormant for awhile I'll just say that y'all are sleeping on the season that just aired.  Rusev and Lana were absolute gold, and Renee and Dean were pretty damn great too.  If you need to catch just one episode it's Rusev and Lana's Bulgarian wedding.  Never realized how similar Bulgarian traditions are to Greece, but aside from that you can't go wrong with the wacky stuff that was going on.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't watch Total Divas.

I bet after the second episode you'll watch after they show Alexa a lot. It's okay, it's not the shitshow it used to be.

• Like 1