DVDVR Message Board

The Awesome/Annoying TV COMMERCIAL Thread

piranesi

New Red Bull ad starts with a motorcyclist doing a flying 360 jump with the helpful disclaimer PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES. DO NOT ATTEMPT.

Dammit, and I was just getting ready to get hopped up on Red Bull, hop on a motorcycle and do a flying 360 jump. I'm glad they warned me not to try it.

• 3 weeks later...

There's no way the current Firestone Tires ad with the wife running over that guy's game console then acting like she's cute was approved by anyone who was actually sober at work.

I'm imagining this ad in reverse. A husband slashes his wife's tires in a blatant act of vandalism then makes a WHAT ME WORRY face "don't worry honey we have more time together now" then they play Mortal Kombat X together. Would anyone sober approve that? Pretty doubtful.

There's no way the current Firestone Tires ad with the wife running over that guy's game console then acting like she's cute was approved by anyone who was actually sober at work.

I'm imagining this ad in reverse. A husband slashes his wife's tires in a blatant act of vandalism then makes a WHAT ME WORRY face "don't worry honey we have more time together now" then they play Mortal Kombat X together. Would anyone sober approve that? Pretty doubtful.

Yeah for the life of me I don't get how the wife/girlfriend is supposed to be the babyface* in that situation.

*wrasslin' bubble

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my God, the Apple watch commercials.   So very creepy.

Soon our society will be so dependent on tech that life will be like it was on the starship in Wall-E with people riding around on computerized couches for so long that we forget how to walk.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh my God, the Apple watch commercials.   So very creepy.

Soon our society will be so dependent on tech that life will be like it was on the starship in Wall-E with people riding around on computerized couches for so long that we forget how to walk.

Computerized couches aren't here (yet) but it's safe to say we're pretty much at that point in some aspects.  There's definitely an over-dependency by many for these devices.  It's all about using it in moderation, and that is very much not happening with many.

Anyway, the hot dog pizza commercial from Pizza Hut is annoying as all hell.  And it just won't stop airing, I've seen that at least three times on the same channel within an hour.  So annoying.

Add Tylenol to the "trolling the rubes" list. 

I'm beginning to wonder which "wholesome" company doing LGBT-friendly ads (Expedia, General Mills, Allstate, Coca Cola, etc etc etc) will finally convince the mouth-breathers that they're on the wrong side of history.

• Like 2