DVDVR Message Board

The Awesome/Annoying TV COMMERCIAL Thread

piranesi

Longer version:

I guess Heisenberg pressuring her to take a prescription that wasn't hers didn't fly with standards & practices.  Kids dying is still okay, though.

The bad commercial from last night that hasn't gotten much mention, though, is the extremely defensive Bud spot where they characterize anyone who -- god forbid -- wants something more tasty than their bland rice swill as a mustachioed hipster or perhaps not a real man.

Everyone is sleeping on this one.

I was disappointed you used this line for non-pun reasons.

So, uh, that's no joke.  Jeff Bridges actually made an album to help people sleep and it's actually...awesome.  It's basically ambient noise, some music, field recordings and Jeff Bridges mumbling and telling stories.  There's one track that's 11 minutes where he takes you on a virtual hike with him and it's so chill and relaxing.  I really LOVE it.

http://www.dreamingwithjeff.com/

• Like 1

The bad commercial from last night that hasn't gotten much mention, though, is the extremely defensive Bud spot where they characterize anyone who -- god forbid -- wants something more tasty than their bland rice swill as a mustachioed hipster or perhaps not a real man.

Depends on where you go.  I'm on a Facebook group about good craft beer called League of Extraordinary Beer Drinkers.  It's a fun group and to say the least this was the most talked about ad by leaps and bounds.  As an avid craft beer drinker, I was loving the response from the group as well as responses from the breweries also.  You have them doing parodies of it (Abita's one was greatness) and some are making pumpkin peach beers.  What's the most damning thing though is AB owned Elysium has a pumpkin peach beer and they were livid over this.  Fun discussions on there.

If all they had was that cute dog commercial I'd say they did great.  But that second one negated that instantly.  Holy shit, the balls they have to attempt that.

When I saw the Jeff Bridges ad I was delighted.  Album has been downloaded and I can't wait to try it out.  If not for being out of a job tomorrow I'd gladly donate some money.  What I heard so far sounds tremendous.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

People in commercials what need a good series of German suplexes from Brock:

1. The Dos Equis guy. Time for him to go.

2. Those two assholes in that car in the Sonic commercials. I wanna run them over with a tank. Does that make me a bad person?

People in commercials what need a good series of German suplexes from Brock:

1. The Dos Equis guy. Time for him to go.

2. Those two assholes in that car in the Sonic commercials. I wanna run them over with a tank. Does that make me a bad person?

I've wanted to bludgeon the 2 sonic guys for over a year and I'm a hell of a great person, so nope. You're alright.