DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

I'll be honest, I was expecting the Filoni movie to be about Gideon and Thrawn starting a Imperial Civilk War with Mandalore caught in between. Of course, I doubt that was the only batch of Clone Gideon had so it still could be

James

So, Gideon flat out said he figured out the "adding midiclorian's to clones to make a non Force Sensitive now Force Sensitive" thing, with those clones Din destroyed.  I can buy Gideon getting fried though, that was a starship exploding and while he was wearing strength enhancing Beskar, Beskar still has a melting point, and Din and Bo Katan only survived because of Grogu's Force Bubble.  It does open the way for Kane to have the info to give to the Shadow Council, as that tech does eventually get to Hux to start making Snokes.

17 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Um, we got the teaser that Vanth was still alive at the end of Boba Fett, getting the same-ish cyborg treatment Shan got.

My old, weathered brain totally forgot this.

BRING BACK OLYPHANT

20 minutes ago, J.H. said:

I'll be honest, I was expecting the Filoni movie to be about Gideon and Thrawn starting a Imperial Civilk War with Mandalore caught in between. Of course, I doubt that was the only batch of Clone Gideon had so it still could be

James

They can just use Rae Sloane instead

55 minutes ago, Raziel said:

It does open the way for Kane to have the info to give to the Shadow Council, as that tech does eventually get to Hux to start making Snokes.

Did Hux make Snoke? Not read the novels, but I was under the impression Palpatine and whoever was closest to him made Snoke. He was the best of the failed clone bodies they were making in an attempt to create a body that could hold Palpatine's force powers. In the last movie from the new trilogy much of the First Order wasn't even aware of Palpatine still being alive until he announced it to the galaxy at large, including Brendol Hux. Did his father just not tell him about Palpatine and Snoke?

Edited by Eivion

I was happy with the finale.

Totally expected a cliffhanger with Grogu/Din/Bo-Katan being in peril until next episode of, take your pick between Ahsoka, BoBF, or The Mandalorian.

Loved the peaceful ending to this story arc.

Nice to see the return of IG-11.

Going forward I'd be more than happy with the adventures of Din Grogu and his sidekick, Din Djarin, as they make their way through the galaxy trying snacks of all kinds.

• Like 2

Spoiler

Kind of a path of least resistance ending. I was somewhat underwhelmed.

I feel like a lot of angles that have been set up and seeded throughout the show were never really addressed. Din Djarin gives up the Darksaber easily to Bo-Katan, who had opportunities to take it but never did. Din Djarin is never forced to rally for leadership other than that one time he asked his Covert to join with him to help save Nevarro. They should've built on that to build on Djarin as the reluctant leader and possibly ruler.

Armorer has been sketchy and suspicious from the first season. The whole Children of the Watch thing are sketch and suspicious. The fact that Din Djarin was rescued by Death Watch from the Trade Federation is Sketchy. Trade Federation and Death Watch were allies. Trade Federation was financing Pre Vizsla and Death Watch. 

Bo-Kotan doesn't bat an eye at Paz Vizsla at all. They barely share anything bordering on an actual conversation at all the whole season. He never asks her about Pre Vizsla at all. Paz Vizsla also dies before any of this ever gets addressed. All we got on Paz is that Ragnar is his son, and he's more noble and honorable than Pre I suppose.

The Darksaber is now destroyed and out of commission. Dumb. Not to mention the rules regarding the Darksaber are ever changing and useless. It's ownership is meaningless. It was meaningless before, and it's even more meaningless now.

I just feel like all the intriguing elements they set up in Season 2 got unceremoniously tossed aside. Should've held off on Din Djarin and Grogu reuniting. That episode of Book of Boba Fett where he's on his own really should've been the season opener. Putting it in Book of Boba Fett was a waste.

I don't get why Moff Gideon would want to make Force Sensitive Clones of himself. Dude seems too narcissistic for that. 

Season 2 remains the peak of the storytelling for the show.

Spoilers for safety.

Edited by TheVileOne

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:
  Hide contents

Kind of a path of least resistance ending. I was somewhat underwhelmed.

I feel like a lot of angles that have been set up and seeded throughout the show were never really addressed. Din Djarin gives up the Darksaber easily to Bo-Katan, who had opportunities to take it but never did. Din Djarin is never forced to rally for leadership other than that one time he asked his Covert to join with him to help save Nevarro. They should've built on that to build on Djarin as the reluctant leader and possibly ruler.

Armorer has been sketchy and suspicious from the first season. The whole Children of the Watch thing are sketch and suspicious. The fact that Din Djarin was rescued by Death Watch from the Trade Federation is Sketchy. Trade Federation and Death Watch were allies. Trade Federation was financing Pre Vizsla and Death Watch. 

Bo-Kotan doesn't bat an eye at Paz Vizsla at all. They barely share anything bordering on an actual conversation at all the whole season. He never asks her about Pre Vizsla at all. Paz Vizsla also dies before any of this ever gets addressed. All we got on Paz is that Ragnar is his son, and he's more noble and honorable than Pre I suppose.

The Darksaber is now destroyed and out of commission. Dumb. Not to mention the rules regarding the Darksaber are ever changing and useless. It's ownership is meaningless. It was meaningless before, and it's even more meaningless now.

I just feel like all the intriguing elements they set up in Season 2 got unceremoniously tossed aside. Should've held off on Din Djarin and Grogu reuniting. That episode of Book of Boba Fett where he's on his own really should've been the season opener. Putting it in Book of Boba Fett was a waste.

I don't get why Moff Gideon would want to make Force Sensitive Clones of himself. Dude seems too narcissistic for that. 

Season 2 remains the peak of the storytelling for the show.

Spoilers for safety.

Your complaints are exactly what I was talking about earlier. These complaints are more about you not getting what you wanted than it being something set up in season 2. None of this stuff was set up before. It was just direction some of the fanbase thought they were going to for sure and et themselves up for disappointment when it didn't happen. 

Spoiler

Din was never being set up as a leader and possible ruler. Fans need to accept that. 

Din never wanted the saber and had been looking to give it to Bo from the getgo.

Saying the Trade Federation and Death Watch were allies is slightly inaccurate. It was the Separatists and Death Watch that worked with each other for bit. That relationship ended when Maul took control of Death Watch.

We never really got confirmation of how related Death Watch and Children of the Watch are. The names imply relations, but the Children seem far more religious and strict in adherence. 

There was never any sort of setup for Paz and Bo to have some sort of confrontation. 

Eh, Gideon wanting force sensitive clones of himself is the exact shit an extreme narcissist would want.

• Sad 1

Spoiler

It's bad writing and storytelling to set these things up and NEVER address them. Bo-Katan was one of the leaders of Death Watch. Death Watch came from Conchordia, which they just subtly dropped where Din Djarin is from this season. The Leader of Death Watch is literally related to someone in the Children of the Watch. 

The fact that Din Djarin didn't want the saber or leadership makes a storyline that much more interesting.  An individual who doesn't set out to become a leader or seek leadership but ultimately has to take it up. Din having the saber in the finale was a setup rife for tension and conflict and they avoided it totally. Even in Book of Boba Fett, The Armorer even said that Djarin was a warrior more suited for the Darksaber.

Edited by TheVileOne

When he gave her the Beskar spear, she said, "The Darksaber is a more noble weapon for you to wield."

I don't think what I wanted had to do with the fact they put all these markers up and didn't properly follow through with any of them. Bo-Katan never even gives Paz Vizsla's presence a second thought. She was literally his relative's right-hand Mandalorian. She staged a coup with him FROM CONCORDIA to overthrow her own sister. 

The commandoes who rescued Din Djarin were Death Watch Commandos. Death Watch came from Concordia, where Din Djarin was born. Death Watch was backed by the Trade Federation. When they drop that Din Djarin is from Concordia, what conclusion are we supposed to draw? Not all of this can be mere coincidence.

It's bad Clone Wars clunky writing BS SIFO DYAS (which was even written as a Sidious alias originally) all over again. 

4 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Bo-Katan never even gives Paz Vizsla's presence a second thought. She was literally his relative's right-hand Mandalorian. She staged a coup with him FROM CONCORDIA to overthrow her own sister. 

I kind of love the way that Sackhoff plays Bo-Katan. She takes these long, half stoic, half off looks that don't always tell you much. There's more than a hint of princess in there, but a princess who has seen things and is prideful and aloof and bemused. You end up thinking there's a lot more going on with her in any moment than what's written for her, like there's an entirely different story with her narrating it that's only happening in her head.

• Like 3

Yeah, I see no reason why a man that wants to fully take over control of the Remnant so bad that he poopoo's Thrawn's return and sabotages whatever Project Necromancer is would go the next step to make Force Sensitive Clones of himself, possibly completely loyal if engineered right, with code from multiple places, donned in powered beskar armor, to take over the Empire...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Raziel said:

Yeah, I see no reason why a man that wants to fully take over control of the Remnant so bad that he poopoo's Thrawn's return and sabotages whatever Project Necromancer is would go the next step to make Force Sensitive Clones of himself, possibly completely loyal if engineered right, with code from multiple places, donned in powered beskar armor, to take over the Empire...

Maybe he's Snoke.

Gideon wanted to be Ultra-Mega Vader.

Of course they didn't show us his armored remnants after the blast, so there's always a chance for Mecha Gideon at some point in the future.

He probably had a backup clone back in his quarters anyway. (Or maybe the one that blew up was a clone!)

4 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

You know, I thought the ending of Mando was perfect, I shed a little tear, and other than maybe a cameo here and there I am satisfied with it all and don’t feel I need to see any of the characters again.

Except they are already doing a fourth season and planning to do a major event movie with all the New Republic Era shows.

Gideon wanted to be Ultra-Mega Vader.

Of course they didn't show us his armored remnants after the blast, so there's always a chance for Mecha Gideon at some point in the future.

He probably had a backup clone back in his quarters anyway. (Or maybe the one that blew up was a clone!)

Maybe one of his clones survived the explosion and became Snoke.

Edited by TheVileOne

ROTJ came in at #5 for the April 29th-28th box office. Good thing because Disney needs the revenue.

We Hate Movies Chris Cabin put forth the argument if it had been the original cut it would've been #1. I maintain if any of the original cuts make it back to theaters they easily would top the BO chart for at least 2-3 weeks

James

Edited by J.H.
  • Like 4

I would definitely go see original cuts of the original trilogy in theaters. I never saw any of them, including the re-releases, in theaters before.

Part of me hopes that Spielberg changing his stance on removing guns for walkie talkies in ET somehow compels anyone at Disney/Lucasfilm to realize that you can't fuck with the original and then re-release those originals in theaters or sell them on bluray.

• Like 1

I have to imagine our "friend" George put it in his deal to sell to Disney that original cuts never get put back in circulation or else they wouldve already put them out by now

James

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched all of Mandolorian Season 3 and I liked it. Some friends of mine told me it was the worst one so far, and while I haven't sat down and really dissected it I can say it was easily better than Book of Boba Fett and it got me interested immediately unlike Andor (which I watched the first episode of and have not bothered to finish 4 months later).

*edit to add*

And Katee Sackhoff is a much better sidekick for Pascal than Gina Carano was.

Edited by BrianS81177
  • Like 3