DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

I saw spoilers on youtube titles the same night I watched Mandalorian. Annoyed the shit out of me to no end. Don;t even watch those channels.

Thought the S2 finale of Bad Batch was good. The death would have been unexpected if not for the spoiling yt assholes. Wasn't really expecting people to start dying until next season. It was well done. With the way things ended I assume we finally find out everything about Omega and see first gen dark troopers if we actually get a third season. 

• Like 2

I loved the hell out of this episode. It was a lot of fun and there was a lot that made me laugh. I started wondering who wrote and directed it and wasn’t surprised to see Favreau wrote it, but I was surprised to see Bryce Dallas Howard directed it.

The end made me tear up a little for Bo wielding the Darksaber again. And I have way too big of crush on Lizzo. More of her in this series please.

• Like 5

I loved this episode the most season so far.  It was really funny discovering that was Christopher Lloyd as I didn't expect him to be in it.  Then you hear him speak and you wonder for a bit until you realize "Holy shit, that is Christopher Lloyd!"  Then I tell my wife and she had me rewind and she couldn't believe it either.  Just really interesting to see who pops up in this awesome show.

Lizzo and Jack Black chewing the scenery like they were Alice in Wonderland characters was kind of brilliant.  

Mando kicking the battle droids gave me a good chuckle.   Dude hates droids.

Edited by Ultimo Necro

Holy shit. That Ahsoka trailer gave me goosebumps.

Three new movies too. One will be about Rey 15 years after RoS. The other two will be one directed by Dave Filoni and the other by James Mangold.

• Like 1

This week's Mandalorian was basically NYPD Blue on space for the most part with Din Djarin basically being Sipowicz with his hateed of drouds filling in for Sipowicz racism.

Now I just want Gordon Clapp to show up

James

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

Three new movies too. One will be about Rey 15 years after RoS. The other two will be one directed by Dave Filoni and the other by James Mangold.

The Mangold one is about the first Jedi, so we're going WAAAAAY back in time. I am curious, but I want to see more about what they're planning (and if they plan to do anything with the red Sith race) before I get too excited.

Ahsoka trailer looked nice. Very happy to see Hera involved. Curious how much they adapt the Thrawn trilogy or if any of it is maybe more of a red herring. Wonder if Zahn was involved with any of the plotting. So excited for this.

The movie news is neat. Kind of like that all three are tackling different eras. I'm happy for Ridley that she is getting a secodn shot. Mangold going back to the beginning will be interesting. I assume Filoni's film is the big finale of the current New Republic era series.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Lizzo and Jack Black chewing the scenery like they were Alice in Wonderland characters was kind of brilliant.  

I want an in-universe sitcom featuring them. Asillem Nojeffers and K'acj K'calb in "She's the Duchess," coming this fall to IHN!

• Like 2

Don't know whether to be happy for Daisy or concerned that she's already back to this. 

9 hours ago, J.H. said:

This week's Mandalorian was basically NYPD Blue on space for the most part with Din Djarin basically being Sipowicz with his hateed of drouds filling in for Sipowicz racism.

Does he mispronounce prostate like Andy always did? Is his partner Senator Bail Organa? 

• Like 1

Thrawn is being played by... Lars Milkkenson. OUT FUCKING STANDING.  

Faverau and Filoni confirmed they've been working with Zahn to "Get Thrawn Right".

• Like 4

15 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Don't know whether to be happy for Daisy or concerned that she's already back to this. 

Does he mispronounce prostate like Andy always did? Is his partner Senator Bail Organa? 

Look, if the Favs can get Franz out of retirement for one csmeo, I'll be over the moon! Possibly over the tein suns of Tatooine!

James

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Bad Batch officially renewed for a third season - which will be the final season

Won't be until some time in 2024

I've been skimming through it, and it's not BAD bad, just a bit unfocused in the middle. I'm pretty sure that they have a plan, and I'm interested enough to skim over it when the last season comes out.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Bad Batch officially renewed for a third season - which will be the final season

Won't be until some time in 2024

This makes sense. I like the show and think S2 was an improvement over the first, but it doesn't hit as hard as better Clone Wars and Rebels episodes regularly enough to justify more than one more season. The show has had a bad tendency to wait too long on certain mysteries, and there are plenty who are clearly watching because they want to see a Clone rebellion opposed to the Bad Batch crew themselves. I'm mostly hoping the final season has some extra length and gives us answers about Omega. 

• Like 1

Episode 7 was good. Felt like a nice little culmination of everything that has been building since S1, especially with it giving a general overview of the situations for the Mandalorians and Empire remnants. You can see how the First Order is building but still a long ways off.