DVDVR Message Board

[NOV 2016] WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

18 minutes ago, Lacelle said:

You guys are looking in the wrong place. Vince's dad ran a wrasslin company, Vince makes movies. 

Movies don't have storytelling with consequences?  Man, have I been movieing wrong.

3 hours ago, Lacelle said:

You guys are looking in the wrong place. Vince's dad ran a wrasslin company, Vince makes movies. 

When's the last time you watched a three hour movie, let alone one you thought sucked? Did you watch it again next Monday?

• Like 1

At least once a year I watch Seven Samurai twice in one week, once without commentary and then with one of the Criterion extra tracks.

That doesn't excuse RAW from having bad episodes, but yeah, 3 hour flicks are rewatchable.

1 hour ago, zev said:

At least once a year I watch Seven Samurai twice in one week, once without commentary and then with one of the Criterion extra tracks.

That doesn't excuse RAW from having bad episodes, but yeah, 3 hour flicks are rewatchable.

I know, but if they were eh movies, you probably wouldn't.

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

So does Raw = Heaven's Gate now? Are we going to look back on the three hour format years later and say "hey, some of it wasn't so bad after all"?

Well, both did have a bit of Mickey Rourke in them at some point.

• Like 3

What does "the Greatest Night in the history of our Starbucks" consist of?

A Norah Jones in-store appearance or the manager saying they'll hold back one batch of pumpkin spice mix for lattes in March?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

So does Raw = Heaven's Gate now? Are we going to look back on the three hour format years later and say "hey, some of it wasn't so bad after all"?

The question is what do dd back from a trimmed episode of RAW to make it better?
What do cut ot make it better (that isn't that commentary team)?

Heaven's Gate was watchable before the diretors cut, it just felt like something was missing thus making it feel incomplete. Wht is a similiar sensation for watching RAW?

James

5 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Once Upon A Time In America is like 3 hours and 46 minutes and It might be the best movie ever made. 

I just want to chime in and say I'm pretty sure Leone got just a tad more time to make that movie than your average episode of RAW.  I'm also pretty sure about two minutes of the movie were shot at most in the same time an entire episode of RAW is produced.  Kind of a bullshit comparison.

That being said Once Upon a Time in America IS one of the best movies ever made.  You can buy a Bluray with TWO versions on Amazon right now for 8 bucks.  

• Like 2