DVDVR Message Board

[NOV 2016] WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:
  7 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

You'll see those shows right around the same time the Wrestling Retribution Project gets released....

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Was that the Jeff Katz project?

I made that joke thinking the two things happened around the same time give or take a year, but wow, that was 2011.  Shit even his "don't worry, it's almost done" apology was three years ago.

On 11/10/2016 at 6:32 PM, RIPPA said:

Only one I know for sure was Tessa had the incident

She has developed a rep of being stand offish and kind  of stuck up. Was one of the only people at this years Wrestlemania weekend that didn't get a promo pic from a friend of mine. She also supposedly has issues with anyone touching her.

1 hour ago, Buy Me a Burrito said:

What happened there? Did Katz just put all that money up his nose or something?

Some of the footage got posted either here or another site and it was completely unwatchable.  It was literally shot by people who didn't know what they were doing.

5 minutes ago, bobholly138 said:

For me the best current tag team is a tie between War Machine and Pretty Boy Killers AKA Shane Taylor and Keith Lee. 

It'll never happen but i'd pay money for a War Machine/ Taylor/Lee match where "winner goes to NXT."  I literally have no idea who would get the call up*.

*Well, both would.  But I don't know who would win the match.

35 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Some of the footage got posted either here or another site and it was completely unwatchable.  It was literally shot by people who didn't know what they were doing.

sounds like it would have been better spent if it had gone up Katz's nose

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Jeff: Hey Cody, would you be interested in working some GFW shows?

Cody: GFW is still a thing? :::pauses to think about it::: I don't know...

The only thing better than that is he's the NEX*GEN Champ. Not even their champion, but the b-champion as Magnus is more worthy of holding GFW's flagship than him.

Jeff: Hey Cody, would you be interested in working some GFW shows?

Cody: ...well, depends. You know I really wanted to be a World Champion when I left WWE...can I be the GFW Champ...?

Jeff: Oh. Uh...that. Well, you see...um...Magnus is in the UK a lot, and there's other booking plans, but possibly, maybe, in the future...can I interest you in some gold?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Allow me to get my camera geek on. The story goes that they shot the thing on Red One cameras. Red One cameras are like 20k "cheap" movie cameras. Annie Lebowitz used to take still images from the camera and turn them into photos. Seriously high end stuff. The problem is, those cameras are by their very nature, not designed to shoot things like pro wrestling. They're for making movies and TV shows in a controlled and staged environment. To capture the chaotic movement of wrestling with these cameras would require a skill level that is probably not humanly possible.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DTTW said:

Allow me to get my camera geek on. The story goes that they shot the thing on Red One cameras. Red One cameras are like 20k "cheap" movie cameras. Annie Lebowitz used to take still images from the camera and turn them into photos. Seriously high end stuff. The problem is, those cameras are by their very nature, not designed to shoot things like pro wrestling. They're for making movies and TV shows in a controlled and staged environment. To capture the chaotic movement of wrestling with these cameras would require a skill level that is probably not humanly possible.

Pretty much looks like it was filmed for a softcore Skinamax movie.

11 hours ago, Sammo~! said:

Jim Steele had the better video game tie in out of that tag team, wrestling as Wolf Hawkfield of Virtua Fighter fame. Possibly the greatest video game Canadian ever.

You're forgetting about Jumbo Flapjack from Saturday Night Slam Masters, the most 100% accurate portrayal of Canadians ever.

4 hours ago, bazzil said:

For those that have ever wondered what famous promos would sound like after being put through various language translations and back to English...

http://www.kayfabenews.com/put-famous-wrestling-promos-google-translate-multiple-languages-back-english-youre-welcome/

So funny,  The Cass and Enzo promo killed me.

Every Enzo Amore and Colin Cassidy Promo Ever — English to Thai to Italian to Burmese to Uzbek to English

Enzo Amore: "I am called Enzo Love and the letter G is bona fide or approved, and it’s not!  And this person is Cass and he is seven meters long and can not be made to learn! A bad explosion most real men here!"

Big Broadcast: "How are you?"

I lost it at the bolded part.  Cass being 22 feet tall is hilarious too.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, nofuture said:

Pretty much looks like it was filmed for a softcore Skinamax movie.

My favorite part...I'm fairly confident that footage was not fully graded. That's like over 100k they didn't account for in their budget when they got access to their spiffy cameras.

If Jeff is by chance reading this - Hey motherfucker, I'm still here willing to fix and edit the project just so you don't rip people off.

To be fair mental issue is part of the reason it failed.

That Kayfabe translator thing made The Ultimate Warrior sound like a Nigerian Prince in one of those scam emails you get. That is amazing.

You sit there and showed my Bible, and pray for you, and not everywhere. Dicuss your Psalms, discuss John 3: 16 …
Austin 3:16 insists I have just punished your donkey!

• Like 7

Regal could've done that Warrior translation word for word and made it work.

I say replace Hogan's name with The Brian Kendrick and let Jack Gallagher have a shot at that promo and match.

7 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

So funny,  The Cass and Enzo promo killed me.

I lost it at the bolded part.  Cass being 22 feet tall is hilarious too.

22 feet *long*, not tall.  To further explain the impetus for his pending solo career  ...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bazzil said:

For those that have ever wondered what famous promos would sound like after being put through various language translations and back to English...

http://www.kayfabenews.com/put-famous-wrestling-promos-google-translate-multiple-languages-back-english-youre-welcome/

Someone call Rippa.  "Austin 3:16 insists I have just punished your donkey!" needs to become a framistan immediately.

On November 26, 2016 at 10:52 AM, DTTW said:

Are there role players anymore besides Ellsworth? Seems like everyone being a star makes no one a star and the one guy who isn't becomes one because he's the only guy who's different.

That's a different discussion and a real problem honestly. The biggest problem with post-Attitude Era wrestling is that fans say that someone is "wasted" if they aren't being pushed to the moon and receiving World Title shots. A lot of people fail to realize that the curtain jerker and the mid carder are all apart of the tapestry that is a good wrestling show.

• Like 2