DVDVR Message Board

[NOV 2016] WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

3 hours ago, Fallacy! said:

Cody Rhodes' run on the Indies is really reaching new heights. He just won Double J's prestigious "NEX GEN Championship"

Cody got sucked into the Karatbars scam, didn't he?

I didn't even think GFW still ran shows. I hope they took a page out of Nick Gage's book and are running shows on farmland now.

• Like 1

For some reason the only thing I remember about Mike Barton is a completely random match he had against Perry Saturn in TNA. I still remember Barton holding Saturn in a vertical suplex position, while blood was dripping from Saturn's bald head to the ground.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 5:29 PM, The Nature Boy said:

Billy Gunn is the epitome of a tag team wrestler. He works a high impact offense in short spurts and can look good doing that. Asking him to carry a match is a bit much though. 

There's nothing wrong with being a solid tag team guy, there's a reason that Ricky Morton was never a top tier singles guy, some guys are role players. 

Bobby Eaton was a good single also.

11 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

That GWF belt looks like it was slimed on Nickelodeon 

Jeff: Hey Cody, would you be interested in working some GFW shows?

Cody: GFW is still a thing? :::pauses to think about it::: I don't know...

• Like 1

Barton/Steele were still employed by All Japan but participated in the G1 Tag League as part of Team 2000 during that weird period in 2001 when Chono expanded in to All Japan. No idea what the backstage politics of all that was.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:
  7 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

You'll see those shows right around the same time the Wrestling Retribution Project gets released....

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Was that the Jeff Katz project?

I made that joke thinking the two things happened around the same time give or take a year, but wow, that was 2011.  Shit even his "don't worry, it's almost done" apology was three years ago.

On 11/10/2016 at 6:32 PM, RIPPA said:

Only one I know for sure was Tessa had the incident

She has developed a rep of being stand offish and kind  of stuck up. Was one of the only people at this years Wrestlemania weekend that didn't get a promo pic from a friend of mine. She also supposedly has issues with anyone touching her.