DVDVR Message Board

[NOV 2016] WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

16 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Steve Cornino has been signed to be a trainer at the performance center

Kevin Owens on Twitter called him one of the most influential people on his career.

Maybe someone in WWE just wanted to watch ROH TV without hearing somebody shouting about superkicks or wanted to put an end to the nonsensical Kevin Sullivan angle?!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Schiavone working at Starbucks doesn't necessarily mean he needed money.  Their benefits are pretty great.  He honestly may have just wanted the insurance.

Whatever reason Schiavone has for working at Starbucks, it's inexcusable that he doesn't have David Crockett working there with him, reading off drinks and customer names and then repeatedly urging Tony to look at them.

• Like 12

I caught Dusty's "Hard Times" promo this morning on The Network. it got me thinking about career / character defining promos. 

Austin has the 3:16 promo. 

Undertaker has the Stranded in the Desert with The Big Show. 

Bret... I want to say his "This is Bullsh*t!" promo is the defining moment in the WWE tinkering with the idea of Attitude era.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, caley said:

Maybe someone in WWE just wanted to watch ROH TV without hearing somebody shouting about superkicks or wanted to put an end to the nonsensical Kevin Sullivan angle?!

I want this to be true.

But if they also bring him in as a ring announcer...and HBK is in the Rumble...Dusty's Ghost help us all.

57 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I caught Dusty's "Hard Times" promo this morning on The Network. it got me thinking about career / character defining promos. 

Bret... I want to say his "This is Bullsh*t!" promo is the defining moment in the WWE tinkering with the idea of Attitude era.

I'm a little biased on this because I live close to Pittsburgh but I'll never, ever forget Bret's "If you gave the United States of America an enema, you'd stick the hose right here in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania!" line. 

Probably not "career defining" but memorable, nonetheless.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

"I'm gonna yank out my Johnson and piss in this hellhole!"

"You're saying I'm not good enough, aren't you Ric?"

This: 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Great discussion idea.

The Miz's Talking Smack promo and Warrior's "Crash the plane" promo are the first two to come to mind that no one's mentioned yet.

Sid "Were live" tied with "Half the brain" 

Luger "And your shirts are too tight" 

Zandig "Jeeeeeeeeeeezus" 

Jake "You wanna play 21? I got 22" 

Nash "This is where the big boys play huh" 

Shane Douglas throwing down the Nwa title promo. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, DTTW said:

Do we have any idea how much Tony Schiavone made? Dude worked on TV for 20+ years. I'm surprised to hear him say he is/was looking for health benefits by getting a job at Starbucks.

The station in Atlanta he works at now has terrible insurance. I worked there for a while and it is the absolute worst...

• Like 1