DVDVR Message Board

[NOV 2016] WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I'm sorry if this is a no no to talk about it here, but is what's happening with TNA right now the strangest thing ever in wrestling, maybe in business ever? I mean the amount of crazy going on is just some other level stuff. Rockstars, millionaires, wrestlers, tv shows, tv networks, failed ratings, the Hardy's career revival, it's some straight Day's of our Lives/Passions type stuff....that could only happen in wrestling.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DTTW said:

I'm sorry if this is a no no to talk about it here, but is what's happening with TNA right now the strangest thing ever in wrestling, maybe in business ever? I mean the amount of crazy going on is just some other level stuff. Rockstars, millionaires, wrestlers, tv shows, tv networks, failed ratings, the Hardy's career revival, it's some straight Day's of our Lives/Passions type stuff....that could only happen in wrestling.

I think the most fascinating part of it is that in the midst of all this chaos, the actual TNA wrestling program is probably the best it has been in YEARS.  Like, if you watch the show, there's still a ton of head-scratching booking (Lashley losing the title the day after a PPV from a guy never previously established above the mid-card after a two month build to Carter winning the title) and bad angles (Sandow beating wrestlers with "loaded" finger tape) and there's obviously a shortage of footage (since everything is pre-taped by months) which leads to replay after replay after replay.  But, on the whole, it's a perfectly acceptable little wrestling show.

• Like 1

Meltzer version of the Jericho/Cara brawl

Sin Cara making annoying noises

Refuses to stop

Jericho finally says "Will you shut up!"

Cara said "Fuck off!" and then threw the wild punch

Ony punishment Dave knows of so far is that Cara needs to take anger management classes

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Meltzer version of the Jericho/Cara brawl

Sin Cara making annoying noises

Refuses to stop

Jericho finally says "Will you shut up!"

Cara said "Fuck off!" and then threw the wild punch

Ony punishment Dave knows of so far is that Cara needs to take anger management classes

Dr.-Shelby.jpg

• Like 10

Tangentially wrestling related, Vanity Fair on former Gawker head Nick Denton's relationship with Hulk Hogan's "manager," Peter Thiel: http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/11/nick-denton-peter-thiel-plot-to-murder-gawker 

As a wrestling fan well versed in Hogan's self-promotion and penchant for lying, not to mention it involving slimeball Bubba The Love Sponge, I've always wondered the truth about the video leak and why more effort wasn't put into discovering the source. 

19 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Magic Dragon in Dallas was early 80s, i believe. 

18 hours ago, nate said:

You mean, like "Puff the Magic Dragon?"

Serious question: If the WWF had signed Magic Dragon in the 80's, would they have changed his name to "Snort the Magic Dragon?"

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Serious question: If the WWF had signed Magic Dragon in the 80's, would they have changed his name to "Snort the Magic Dragon?"

80s? No.

Attitude Era? Yes, he'd be in a tag team with Droz the Pusher and feud with LOD.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DTTW said:

In regards to Sin/Jericho....so WWE still charters a bus for Euro tours? I thought they stopped that for liability reasons. IE accident to bus shuts down a show completely.

I think it depended on the distance between shows because some of the wrestlers were sending snaps from planes at various times during the tour.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

As an anxious nation wonders what's causing all this, the Donald's path to 270 potentially grows narrower amid speculation that the North Carolina pussy grabber vote may be split:

CwwmUT3WQAAsXrK.jpg 

Isn't this illegal? Thought you can't take photos in the booth.

Look, y'all, no matter what happens, this place has kept me laughing and I appreciate that.  Thanks for everybody being decent.

It's been a long and complicated day.  Just needed to say that.

• Like 6