DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series v.30 - coming to you from Bizarro Land

ChesterCopperpot

Okay I guess it's prediction time. I don't read the odds makers or any of that shit, I like to go in completely unaware. 

I guess I have to go with Kalisto to win the CW title but he doesn't feel like a guy who should be beating Kendrick so I don't know but I feel the cruisers will end up on SD! so Kalisto it is.

Zayn probably loses a hard fought match to The Miz.  Plus, it's Canada, Zayn ain't winning lol.

I'll go with Alpha over New Day but I've changed my mind several times on that.  I'll stick with Alpha to get a big push out of this.

For the women's match I'll go with the RAW women.  I think they will protect Nia but I'll throw in Charlotte also.  Does this count towards her PPV streak? I guess not because it's not a singles match but I'll go with those two anyway.

The men's elimination match could go a bunch of different ways but I'll go with the safe pick; Roman Reigns. I think Braun will be the monster who is eliminated in a weird way, maybe a count out.

• Like 1

Out of the big four events, Survivor Series is the lesser of the four. On paper this looks to be the best of the big four this year...that's not saying much. I'm interested in Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar even though this is Goldberg's first match since WrestleMania XX and Lesnar hasn't had a good match since the HIAC with Undertaker. I'm also interested in Owens/Jericho/Reigns/Rollins/Braun vs. Styles/Ambrose/Orton/Wyatt/Shane but most of all? The women's traditional Survivor Series match.

12 hours ago, The Natural said:

I'd prefer the Survivor Series elimination teams not to wear the shirts of their show like we've seen in matches prior such as Bragging Rights 2009.

How else are we going to get Big Show ripping off his shirt to reveal the other brand's shirt underneath?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, zev said:

Any chance some NXT folks show up and demand a match? Samoa Joe and 4 guys he doesn't hate versus some Cruisers could be entertaining.

I'd go Joe, The Revival, and Roderick Strong. I would have gone with Aries in Roddy's place if he weren't on the shelf.

It's pretty easy to just mix the Mens and Tag matches around, add Ziggler, and get two perfectly acceptable face vs heel matches. 

Owens/Jerico/Braun/Anderson/Gallows vs Ambrose/Shane/Ziggler/Rhyno/Slater

Reigns/Rollins/All 3 of New Day vs AJ/Bray/Orton/Usos

Is it me or did the Smackdown Men and Women's teams totally come off as the baby face teams this week? I mean the crowd was cheering for the Smackdown team in the closing segment over the Raw team, and got quiet after Seth and Roman were the last men standing. 

Who knows what to expect in Toronto, but I can't think that's what's been intended.

• Like 1

I think Goldberg should beat Brock. And then immediately retire without a rematch. 

A vulnerable, insecure and pissed off Brock would be far preferable to cocky, bored, Suplex City Brock.

Honestly, a 30 second spear and Jackhammer would be astounding. Especially if it leads to panicky Brock going nuts and F-5ing people and various people (not Roman) trying to stand up to him.

Do Brock / Goldberg 3 at Wrestlemania, and have Brock break his arm and Goldberg not tap (let the doctor call it).

other than that, I want a clean sweep by Smackdown.

• Like 1

Predictions:

Brock beats Bill.

Owens/Jericho/Reigns/Rollins/Braun RAW defeat Styles/Ambrose/Orton/Shane/Wyatt from Smackdown Live.

Smackdown women's team over RAW's. This is the Survivor Series traditional elimination match I'm most unsure on.

RAW tag team division defeats Smackdown Live's.

The Miz retains the WWE Intercontinental Championship against Sami Zayn.

Kalisto wins WWE Cruiserweight Championship from the Brian Kendrick. In two minds about this one.

Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho get the biggest reactions, Zayn step behind. Mother Canuckers ; )

Goldberg beats Brock due to Shane interference to set up their program heading in to Mania

Men's Team RAW beats Men's Team SD

Women's Team SD beats Women's Team RAW

Tag Team SD beats Tag Team RAW

Miz retains against Sami, leading to an angle where Sami is fired from RAW and moves to SD

Kalisto beats Kendrick moving Cruiserweights to SD

• Like 1

For specifics - I am assuming that Bayley is going to be sole survivor for RAW as they build her back up for Charlotte. Of course it is weird because they definitely were positioning RAW as the heels and SD has Nattie as their coach.

I assume Ziggler is interfering somewhere probably for a RAW side

I'm excited for tonight's Gang Warz.  I mean there's so much at stake.  You got the women putting aside their bad blood to team up to determine which women's championship gets defended at WrestleMania.  The tag teams putting aside their rivalries to team up and determine which tag team championship gets defended at WrestleMania.  The men putting aside their egos to determine which brand gets the #30 spot in the Rumble and which championship defense closes WrestleMania.  And of course, possession of the coveted Bragging Rights trophy.

That's all happening, right?  I haven't been watching the TV.

The only spot I really want is Ambrose to square off with Strowman, circle around and casually tag in Reigns and those two chuckle about it while the rest of their teams get pissed off.  Then the ref orders Ambrose back in, he circles around Strowman again and slaps the shit out of Rollins which baits Rollins to tag in, and Ambrose gets him in the Crips corner.  Now, clubbering would usually commence but that's four fistuses on one man.  Here we got five men on a team so that's ten fistuses on one man plus Ellsworth has two hands which could theoretically be formed into fistuses as well.  So that's twelve fistuses on one man, so we got us some ULTRA MEGA MASS CLUBBERING commencing.  Ain't no one gonna survive!

• Like 4

I'm hopeful the show will at least be good.  But at worst at least I'll be watching RVD do stand up comedy at Jimmy's Seafood in Baltimore. Him plus a cameo from Tommy Dreamer should be a good time before the show.

And if Revival do debut tonight I'll be over the moon ecstatic.

• RIPPA locked this topic
  • RIPPA unpinned this topic