DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown is A Clean Pin?

Dolfan in NYC

13 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

It's crazy how Cena was pinned cleanly by Ambrose with an AA counter, and then was an afterthought to the Ambrose/AJ stuff that happened after. Was Cena even shown at all after the match besides sitting in the aisle confused holding up three fingers saying "that was three?"

I thought AJ nailed Cena on the outside before running in on Ambrose.

I don't believe there is a "Vince show"  and "Triple H"  show.  I can buy Triple H having more involvement in RAW because you look around and his NXT kids are doing very well for themselves. But the Roman stuff still has to be a company wide Vince memo that he must be a focus and we must get him cheered. The Steph/Mick stuff is probably a combination of Steph herself, Vince and USA. 

If RAW was two hours and featured Owens/Jericho banter,  Owens/Rollins, Jericho/Zayn, Sasha/Charotte/Bayley/Dana, Rusev/Reigns, cruiserweights and the tag title scene  it'd be perfectly fine. 

It's the weak talking segments and other filler that makes it such a chore.

But SD! is also paying much more attention to detail and character development.  If the Sasha/Charlotte/Bayley stuff was on SD! I think it'd be a lot better off.

7 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Between FaBreeze and Miz, I'm not sure who I want to see Rick Martel brought back to hang out with more. 

Both have such valid points... 

So why not both? I want to see the return of Essence, damnit!

Only if this leads to a Miz/Ziggler blindfold match.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Eivion said:

The thing is a legit point has also been made that Ziggler did absolutely nothing to earn his original title shot in the first place, let a lone a second. A third shot would only go further in proving that Bryan simply has a grudge.

Repeatedly siccing Dolph Ziggler on somebody seems like an odd way to execute a grudge.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Are you making the person wrestle him or listen to his comedy act?

When March madness hits let's not forget they did that thing with Miz where, just when he did something to get hot they dumped him into an endless Ziggler feud.  Let's not forget what a known recipe for heat death that is.  And let's not forget that Miz has made it work, both in the matches and in the storyline.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, piranesi said:

When March madness hits let's not forget they did that thing with Miz where, just when he did something to get hot they dumped him into an endless Ziggler feud.  Let's not forget what a known recipe for heat death that is.  And let's not forget that Miz has made it work, both in the matches and in the storyline.

Fuck, do we need a better argument for Miz in March Madness than this?  I think not.  That's some minor miracle stuff right there.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

If RAW was two hours and featured Owens/Jericho banter,  Owens/Rollins, Jericho/Zayn, Sasha/Charotte/Bayley/Dana, Rusev/Reigns, cruiserweights and the tag title scene  it'd be perfectly fine. 

It's the weak talking segments and other filler that makes it such a chore.

More people need to watch the 90 minute Hulu version of the show.  You lose a lot of the fun stuff like the Nia/Strowman squashes but it cuts out so much of the endless filler and is just a much better paced show.

Like last week was the opening promo, Seth/Rusev, the womens tag, 10 man tag, cruserweights and the cage match with a few quick backstage segments in between and that was it.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2016 at 1:17 PM, steve said:

I think it was a shoot, if you were kayfabing your friends, you'd pick someone cooler than Jack Swagger.

From hanging out with the Samoans, Ambrose has realized the importance of family.  He also must realize that Bunkhouse Buck isn't just Jack Swagger's father cause look at these guys...

15.jpg       15979818-large.jpeg

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

We're gonna find out Tuesday!  Maybe. 

I actually want to see this as a running gimmick.  Each week when the Usos have a segment, Ortunga starts to tell the story but never gets into it due to being interrupted or the topic changing due to some big spot happening in the ring.  Wait until a PPV and have one of the other announcers ask him about the story only for him to have forgotten it.

7 hours ago, BEN! said:

From hanging out with the Samoans, Ambrose has realized the importance of family.  He also must realize that Bunkhouse Buck isn't just Jack Swagger's father cause look at these guys...

15.jpg       15979818-large.jpeg

Ambrose might be a cousin to the Fuller's. Bucksnort, TN and Cincinnati is only 5 hours away you know.