DVDVR Message Board

I really don't think in say 3 years this recent stretch will have hurt Dolph that much. He's clearly being punished over that stuff his brother said, which is pretty fucked up and not at all surprising. He's a good worker, he busts his ass. He's not going anywhere so at some point he's gotta be rehabilitated.

All the defence of Lawler's and JBL's reactions to AJ's comments - They basically slut shame her on TV every frickin week and it's pretty tiresome so, personally, a few shots back across their lame bows are fine by me. Scheming psycho = heel. Girl who likes sex does not.

People here have sure jumped on this slut shame thing. How very modern.

So who gets Randy until Bryan conquers Show?I'm guessing Cody?

You can run Orton vs Punk and even have them trade the belt back once or twice. Pretend Punk is foley. Or Cody, sure. I'd be fine running Christian vs Orton at the Rumble since that's always a "weak challenger" show and play up that They wanted Orton to be the face of the world championship in 2011 even though christian was super over.

But this is THE top title she can win. It is not at all comparable.

However, AJ getting a tattoo of the date she won the title is comparable to AJ Styles getting a tattoo with his kids' dates of birth. 

So the "I'm a DAD" title is TNA's top title. Until the "I'm a GRANDFATHER" title comes a long. And we all know who the granddaddy of 'em all is...

All the defence of Lawler's and JBL's reactions to AJ's comments - They basically slut shame her on TV every frickin week and it's pretty tiresome so, personally, a few shots back across their lame bows are fine by me. Scheming psycho = heel. Girl who likes sex does not.

People here have sure jumped on this slut shame thing. How very modern.

Good.

• Like 1

I'd love to see it and it would get a huge pop, but there is no way we'll see the UFO on television.  I don't think there is anyone brave enough / stupid enough / skilled enough to take the UFO bump without breaking their neck or dislocating their shoulder when they landed.

Between Ambrose, Rollins, Zayn, Neville, and Ohno, I've gotta think someone has either already taken it or could take it safely. Whether they'd be allowed to is another story entirely. He's pretty much got to be a face already if they bust it out, because it will instantly turn him otherwise.

Excelllent Raw with two terrific matches and several good angles. Dustin did indeed look like a million bucks and that match kicked all kinds of ass. The only quibble I had was Cody's promo last week portrayed "Goldidust" as an example of McMahon fucking with the Rhodes' yet he came out in full gimmick like it wasn't a thing. JBL mentioned how "The Natural sucked, Goldust made his career" but I would've liked his segment with HHH to put the idea that only WWE characters can appear on his show.

But, yeah, if this ends with a Rhodes Family vs Shield match at Survivor Series, that's going to be epic.

I'm also intrigued by Booker's new gimmick which is evidently a cross between Shaun O'Haire and Marcellus Wallace. When he was talking to Show about doing "the right thing" by selling out, I was half expecting him to say "When HHH asks you to do something, you may feel a little buzz in the back in the back of your head. That's pride screwing with you. Screw pride."

I watched Foley's DVD on Netflix and I'm wondering if the Rock/Austin fued that had Foley win the belt briefly is the basis for the storyline now. Daniel Bryan will get a small run like Foley had, but the end game is Cena/Orton.

Another scenario would be Cody is the one who gets the first title win over Orton ala Lex Luger over Hogan in 1997 with the big payoff being Daniel Bryan wins at Wrestlemania after getting beat cleanly earlier in the match ala Sting at Starrcade 1997

Ricola bomb's only been seen in pre-NXT FCW, I believe.

Yeah, I don't know why he doesn't use it.  It's not like it would wreck his current gimmick.  Just use the move without saying "Riiiicooolaaaa" since he's not running as his Suisse alter-ego.

Seeing Goldust use the Cross Rhodes was great.  When they eventually start tagging, they need to do each other's finishers interchangably like the Hardy's used to do when they both used the Twist of Fate.

Either that or they need to finish a guy with stereo Bionic Elbowdrops.

Great opening segment with HHH/Edge. Orton/Goldust was awesome. Loved the Crossrhodes near fall, wish Goldust could be around regularly.. definitely miss them having a veteran on Superstars role like Goldust/Regal/Finlay in recent years. Hot crowd for that match. aj sucks. Cesaro's giant swing was amazing.. awesome spot. The streak of Orton standing over Bryan ending every show ends at 7.. he was so close too, should've left Show alone. Night of Champs doesn't seem like a very stacked card but hopefully will be a good one.

I don't think Dustin is going to be a permanent fixture on WWE television anymore. Call me crazy, it's just a hunch though. If their grand scheme is to bring Cody back and put him in a tag team with Goldust, then they should have just written him out of the show with an injury or something, because this is setting Cody up for a big singles push when he eventually returns.

I also don't think Daniel Bryan is the Mick Foley in this situation. I genuinely think they're building up Bryan as a monster babyface, and they're doing a pretty damn good job of that. Fantasy booking here, but I'd love to see Cena return and join Triple H's faction and become the Power Trip 2K13 with Orton and HHH as Vinny Mac. That would set up the rumored Cena/Taker and Bryan/Orton matches for 'Mania, too.

But, y'know, they'll never turn Cena heel, blah blah blah. It'll happen sooner or later.

Ricola bomb's only been seen in pre-NXT FCW, I believe.

Yeah, I don't know why he doesn't use it.

WWE's stingy with powerbomb finishes. Harry Smith kept asking to be able to do one, and would be told no each time. 

I love Dusty Rhodes but he looks about a hundred these days.  He's good for a bionic elbow or two but I wouldn't want him in a match.

They should bring back Lawler's Magistrator.  Maybe he could draw something during replay that could even make a Divas match entertaining.

I only watched a couple of clips on WWE's YouTube channel including the Divas match so I could see how overblown this shit was.  As usual, a whole lot of projection up in here.  AJ Lee didn't "own" the commentators and they didn't "slut shame" her.  That was nothing.  Biggest thing was Naomi bouncing off her head and AJ Lee wouldn't shut up lecturing the commentators about watching the shows so it got ignored twice.  JBL got the funniest line about her maybe needing to tattoo the date she tapped out on her neck next.

I thought that tattoo thing was a joke when I heard it.  AJ Styles tattoo is awful looking because of the giant initials but at least he's commemorating the birth of his children, the introduction of life into the world, if you will.  Commemorating the date you fake win a title that every yak minus Maria Kanellis eventually gets to carry is kind of sad.

AJ Lee could've been used as a good role model for young girls.  From the streets to living her dream is a good story but they screwed it all up after pairing her up with Bryan.  They made her a mentally unstable yak that desperately needed acceptance from any dude that would have her.  She's nowhere near the level of a Lita or Trish Stratus yet.  Quality of performance notwithstanding, at least those two went through some wars to earn their reps within the WWE Universe.  I don't remember AJ Lee main eventing Raw at all and she wasn't in charge for a year either.  Might have felt that long because it was awful but it was probably only a couple of months at most.  Best thing about this Total Divas feud is it gets Big E Langston away from her before he got pigeonholed as nothing more than her big gay friend.

• Like 1