DVDVR Message Board

Why is Booker T wandering around backstage again?

I don't think he's actually there. I think he's just a vision that teaches Big Show how to be a successful serial killer, and a failure as a wrestler.
Who would be C3PO in this scenario? Because I get a vision of Big Show's Princess Layla to Booker T's Obi Wan.

Ricola bomb's only been seen in pre-NXT FCW, I believe.

Yeah, I don't know why he doesn't use it.  It's not like it would wreck his current gimmick.  Just use the move without saying "Riiiicooolaaaa" since he's not running as his Suisse alter-ego. Seeing Goldust use the Cross Rhodes was great.  When they eventually start tagging, they need to do each other's finishers interchangably like the Hardy's used to do when they both used the Twist of Fate. Either that or they need to finish a guy with stereo Bionic Elbowdrops.
I actually had to check to see if Antoni Caesaro was Swiss or not. Wwe.com says he is, so using the Ricola Bomb as a face iwould still be valid.

Re: AJ and, well, every other time someone says or does something that could potentially hurt someone's feelings in real life. I think that we, as fans, are a lot more sensitive to this shit than the people on TV are. I listened to the segment  and thought nothing except that AJ was really good. I didn't think they were bullying her. She fucked with them, and they made fun of her tattoos and her character history. Not a big deal.

Fantastic RAW, btw.

JBL's tattoo line was killer but damn if she didn't ask for it. I don't think he'll ever stop either. Anytime something happens to her he'll be cracking jokes about the date. i.e. when she loses the belt Sunday.

Its kinda stupid for AJ to be the one pulling the "I take this belt seriously" card when she spent the last year and a half chasing guys and ignoring said belt, and only went after the belt because Dolph said "Babe lets be a power couple". Probably would have worked better with someone else.

• Like 1

AJ on commentary was basically Daniel Bryan the last 3 weeks in the ring. Eventually she got drowned out by the good ol' boys network (due to numbers not quality work), but she got some quality shots in first and came away looking way better. "Watch the product" was the best and funniest insider comment on a show with HHH/Steph and Edge working the 2003 Wrestlecrap message board gimmick in full force.

Orton/Goldust was good, but I'm not sure it's even Orton's second best match in the last three weeks. Outside of crowd heat, I'm not sure how it was better than his match with Christian, or even his match with RVD on SD. Maybe I'm overreacting to that really awful super-slow "drop to the knees and punch" spot where Orton's head was up the whole time staring right at Dustin. The crossroads spot was great, though. Perfect nearfall, there.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves Booker T's current gimmick. I hope he expands his range and starts offering unsolicited advice to midcarders as well. It's probably too much effort since the payoff would just be someone finally saying "Why are you still here?" months later, but I'd love it.

And finally, something that no one has really talked about yet, it's becoming more and more obvious that Seth Rollins is the future star out of the Shield. The fact that a Daniel Bryan main event match has only gotten 3 or 4 mentions in 15 pages isn't a good sign for Ambrose. He's kind of in a shitty spot where his biggest strengths are heel promos, heel mannerisms, and selling, while his biggest weakness is being interesting on offense. Having watched some of his FCW work, I know he can do better, but he's really underachieving these days. A 10+ minute match against Daniel Bryan is the time to step up, and he just looked really flat out there, especially compared to the last few times Rollins got a similar opportunity.

And finally, something that no one has really talked about yet, it's becoming more and more obvious that Seth Rollins is the future star out of the Shield. The fact that a Daniel Bryan main event match has only gotten 3 or 4 mentions in 15 pages isn't a good sign for Ambrose. He's kind of in a shitty spot where his biggest strengths are heel promos, heel mannerisms, and selling, while his biggest weakness is being interesting on offense. Having watched some of his FCW work, I know he can do better, but he's really underachieving these days. A 10+ minute match against Daniel Bryan is the time to step up, and he just looked really flat out there, especially compared to the last few times Rollins got a similar opportunity.

Couldn't disagree more. Seth and Bryan just play off against each other really really well. What are you expecting from Ambrose? Top rope shit? He has a decent heel moveset that works with his gimmick. And what makes Seth's offense so great? The dude can bump, but he is awful on the mic.Anyway, on a related note and it's been said a hundred times before: it's fucking insane that "our" guys like Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose are main-eventing episodes of Raw.PS: The break out star will be Roman Reigns by the way. That glorious hair. :wub: 

Why is Booker T wandering around backstage again?

I don't think he's actually there. I think he's just a vision that teaches Big Show how to be a successful serial killer, and a failure as a wrestler.
Booker T could be WWE's version of The Great Gazoo. Big Show and Daniel Bryan can be his Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble. Booker appears out of nowhere, calls Show and Bryan dum-dums while pepping them up, but everyone else thinks they're talking to themselves to cope with HHH's antagonizing.
I love this idea much better than the one I posted earlier

I think Ambrose's offense is tremendous. The lariat to the back of Bryan's dome was my favorite spot on a show that was basically a Dustin Rhodes greatest hits collection.

Also, can we get filters for slut shaming, white knighting, and concern trolling? Just in the wrestling section if at all possible.

• Like 1

I am so happy Santino is turning into SanJudo (Patent Pending) Marella. Just one blow to the head to turning into evil judo master. 

Oh man, I'd love if they did the "bonked on the head" character change gimmick.  He's Santino Marella, the Milan Miracle. BONK on head:  He's Evil Cobra Kai Sensei Santino Marella.  BONK on head:  He's Frederic Flintstoni:  Race Car Driver and International Playboy.

I was thinking today, how much I'd mark out if they had Dusty bust out the old list of insults about Baby Doll on Steph how much I'd love it.  "SHE AIN'T NO LADY!"

• Like 1

So you're saying Dean Ambrose is basically Mr. Kennedy/Anderson with better selling?

My belief is he became goofy after being mauled by Umaga at Night Of Champions 2007. I am definitely a proponent of Flintstones concussion booking.I feel like the best insult on Steph, would be somebody casually calling her "Chyna".

Now that is mean even for someone who was borderline Eric Cartman licking tears of Scott Tenorman level mean.

Enough of the "AJ looks like she's 12" shit. She doesn't. She is small, sure but nobody would ever confuse her for being a minor... come on now. I went back and watched the segment. She was pretty great on commentary. Most people are lost out there.

As did I and what I think is being lost in this is she didnt make the 'I'm too old for you' line till Jerry under his breath said 'Have any more tattoos' in that creepy I want to see you naked voice. Then she didnt hit the three of them hard again till they scoffed about her saying something about MainEventing Raw and that's when she pointed out how she ran the show for a year. The thing that bugged me truly about the segment was you had AJ vs the Cole, JBL, and King going on during a match that bearly got any play by play and second when did The Twins become friends with Hart and the Funkadatols?

The thing that bugged me truly about the segment was you had AJ vs the Cole, JBL, and King going on during a match that bearly got any play by play and second when did The Twins become friends with Hart and the Funkadatols?

1) A divas match where the commentary wasn't focused on the match? The hell you say...

2) When AJ buried the lot of 'em two weeks ago.

Ambrose/Bryan was a ton of fun.  I honestly think all three Shield members will be super successful, but they shouldn't break them up anytime soon because they really do fit together perfectly. Cover each other's weaknesses and all that.

Orton/Dust!  YES!  If Orton/Bryan blows Cena/Bryan out of the water I wouldn't be surprised at all.  Orton is firing on all cylinders right now.

Didn't watch the divas thing that is bogging down this thread.  I skipped it because AJ wasn't wrestling, which puts me 100% on team AJ as far as that goes.  She has always been good on the mic, but she really stepped it up in the ring over the last 6 months. I can't speak on the segment from last night, but she IS carrying that division on her back. I hope they bring up some of these NXT girls soon.

Ziggler made Wyatt look like a million bucks.  That match is getting slept on.

Tossing a tube TV around is more impressive anyway.

No kidding. Even I could probably pick up a 42" flat screen and toss it a few inches, but those old school TVs are fucking heavy.
I just bought a new flatscreen a few months ago to replace my dying 35" tubescreen, the new TV I could carry with one hand and play Harlem Globetrotters with it if I wanted. The old TV I could barely drag to the dumpster.