DVDVR Message Board

If there is any sanity, Punk/Heyman ends with a CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar match, with Paul Heyman suspended above the ring in a shark cage, "if Punk wins, he gets 5 minutes alone in the ring with Paul Heyman" stips.

Let them re-run that fucking classic they had last month, but without the interference, Punk somehow miraculously pulls off the win, and then he gets to beat Heyman down for a few minutes, and Paul takes some time off tv again.

I was pretty amused that they brought out Tony Chimel to do Edge's entrance and do that weird thing he does when he announces Rated R Superstar. I think he even went out of his way to exaggerate it and Edge almost cracks up when it's announced.

I forgot to mention that great moment and Edge's reaction to it. I smiled. Always liked Edge.

He made Brock look like he needed help beating Punk. I woulda F5'ed his sorry bald ass into oblivion. 

He's Brock's only friend. Brock isn't even friends with his own wife. He can't F5 Heyman. Who is going to bail out Brock when he gets busted for illegally hunting? Who is going to broker another deal with Jack Links for Brock? 

My guess is they're saving Punk for this angle. I'm guessing HHH will try to sick Punk on DB, Punk will say no, and HHH will say something to the effect of "Okay...Guess you don't mind everyone calling Brian the 'best in the world'. " This is what I'm hoping for, at least, pitting Punk's "Voice of the Voiceless" against "Best in the World."

I saw a dude at our show last weekend with a Heyman shirt that said "Voice of the Voice of the Voiceless" on the back, and that shit is like.. this meta version of an already fairly meaningless phrase, which would be a bit infuriating if it weren't just so fucking baffling. Then again, more power to the Man for getting people to a point where they could print a photo of diarrhea on a shirt and they'd prolly sell a couple dozen.

I watch Raw in full today because I  was watching the Skins play there MNF. This was my favorite Raw of the year, I wish it happened a week later or a week before because of it being the first MNF game of the season. I felt like this Raw shouldve been one of those Raws every fan needs to see and i know a good portion was watching the game instead. The opening segment with Edge, Bryan, HHH & Orton was good, I hope Christian stays near that top level because of it.

AJ ripped it on commentary she went over the PG line saying "pissed' and the line about her being too old for Lawler.

The whole angle with Goldust was build so well and the match was amazing. Cody is a made man when he returns.

Dean Ambrose vs  Bryan was good and the crowd was hot for that too. I loved that  Dean continued to sell his back after he DDT'd Bryan on the floor.

RVD vs Ryback was rough, RVD stiffed the hell out of Ryback with that first kick off the rope Ryback looked like he wanted to reciept him for it. He abdominal stretch was awful and the finish was kinda botched.

Every other match was fine to me though

Man, I hate off-screen beat-ups. At least fuckin' kick the guy in the gut a couple times on screen.

(I mean, of course every off-screen beat-up in world history pales in comparison to RVD lying in a pool of ketchup on Impact, but for reals.)

Fuck me.  I watch RAW on Saturdays, so I never get to these discussions in time.  So much of the AJ vs Lawler/JBL handicap match discussion I want to respond to, but I got up to page 10 and though, "how many more pages are there?"  Turns out there were nine more.  So, I'll just post my few comments:

I don't think anyone is "white knighting" in this thread.  However, I also think it's a real gender issue that shouldn't be thrown out altogether, as it represents the other end of the spectrum in the same way that people being especially nice to black people is still racism.

AJ's robbing the cradle joke (it's not really a "pedo" joke, is it?) was pretty blue, but was said to the guy who, over the course of five+ years talked about how Vickie is fat and ugly and how he would never sleep with her.  So, in terms of the respect Lawler is due, especially from women, I think he's made his bed and he needs to sleep in it.  Maybe not the best metaphor...

Fuck JBL.  Lawler called AJ ugly, but he said it to her (albeit under his breath, which is pretty lame).  JBL's reaction is a textbook case of microaggressions.  The clearest example being, after AJ said "pissed off," JBL said to Michael Cole, "Hey, this is a family show!" and then giggled.  Which is a clear male power move; treating women like they're not in the conversation.  What's more, since the WWE put out (rough math here) a trillion hours of programming each year, we know the reaction the announcers have to male performers, and it's some variation of, "Hey, this is a family show!" said to the person in question.  So, again, fuck JBL.

I thought Michael Cole was totally decent in the whole affair, surprisingly.

Full disclosure: I urinate with a penis, have since birth, and am cis.

For all the grief people have brought up about AJ mentioning she was too old for Lawler.  The funniest thing was on Austin's podcast, one of the things Jerry mentions is they had a show coming up with Doug Gilbert.  If Lawler was at all touchy about the subject, a guy who went on live tv and said "Jerry Lawler, you raped a 13 year old girl" and is still working with him, pretty much explains that situation.

Man, I hate off-screen beat-ups. At least fuckin' kick the guy in the gut a couple times on screen.

(I mean, of course every off-screen beat-up in world history pales in comparison to RVD lying in a pool of ketchup on Impact, but for reals.)

To be fair, Christian hasn't been cleared for his concussion.

What's a "cis"?

Imagine that it were possible to research anything at the drop of a hat with minimal effort. How awesome a world that would be.

To be fair, Christian hasn't been cleared for his concussion.

What's a "cis"?

Imagine that it were possible to research anything at the drop of a hat with minimal effort. How awesome a world that would be.

In the amount of time you took doing that, you could have answered the fucking question. 

• Like 2