DVDVR Message Board

Goldust, awesome.  Bryan, savior.  Punk feud, mildly disappointing.  Orton, really good now that he's motivated.  AJ, also awesome*.

*And at the risk of losing my feminist cred, also un-fucking-believably hot.

• Like 4

I was at RAW tonight at the ACC...and I didn't want to wade through 9pages of whatever tangent we're going on tonight....but how did Raw end on tv??

Some quick thought...none of the locals got buried! I wouldn't call Edge/HHH a burial because Edge got some verbal shots in. Christian got tv time even though he's injured. Santino got a win. And Renee was unscathed. Goldust/Orton was super fun live. The RKO/Crossroads spot was one of the best near falls of the year. Punk killing the doctor was fantastic. Bryan/Ambrose another great match to witness live.

But ill say it again...going to wrestling events makes me so embarrased to be a wrestling fan. So many people more interested in putting themselves over with stupid chants instead of reacting to what's going on in the ring. And not knowing/reacting when a hometown crowd is supposed to react (aka Zeb's promo). But maybe that's just me lol.

Bottom line, great live show tonight.

I

JBL effortlessly slipped that pillow over AJ's career and snuffed it out right there. "Did she get the dates of the three times she main evented Raw tattooed on her neck too?" "Was it text or numbers?" "I hope it wasn't November". The gist of this thread, as I see it, is that making pedo jokes is ok because Jerry Lawler is a bad commentator, but saying that women are ugly is not ok because a woman gave birth to you. Nice one, fellas.

Anyway, Goldust is so cool. I loved worn out, hangdog Dust totally out of character just talking about redeeming himself. This whole set up was perfectly done, and Stephanie as the wound-salter is perfect. When someone does the Jericho thing to her again, they'll be over huge. I was convinced Mark Henry was coming back to sort out this whole thing tonight, and was immeasurably saddened when he didn't. But he will. And then everyone is fucked.

Also if anyone here watches Suits, Triple H's delivery is essentially that of a less-wooden Harvey Spector. And also:

Posted Image

Posted Image

If Victator weren't Victator, I'd say he just taught Gonzalez a lesson in trolling.Since he is, though, this has all been just a big waste of time.EDIT: And there's FSW trying to horn in on his heat. Don't you belong in this discussion? That thread's seen about as much of you as Rev has of Raw.

Tomorrow.

Christian got tv time even though he's injured. Santino got a win. And Renee was unscathed. Goldust/Orton was super fun live. The RKO/Crossroads spot was one of the best near falls of the year. Punk killing the doctor was fantastic. Bryan/Ambrose another great match to witness live. 

He didn't have any speaking lines when they dragged out his beaten carcass for a cameo, but I bet you don't get paid by the line in WWE.  Just the appearance.   A win is a win.

Edited by _MJ_

I tried to follow Pixie Sticks with my new twitter.  But I think it's an imposter and not the real candy.  Do they have my address now?  Should I cancel any credit cards?

Why the fuck does it show a bunch of fucking randoms when I search for people on twitter? If I put in "Mick Hucknall" I expect various Mick Hucknalls, not a bunch of people who have nothing to do with Mick, Hucknall, or Mick Hucknall.

I tried to follow Pixie Sticks with my new twitter.  But I think it's an imposter and not the real candy.  Do they have my address now?  Should I cancel any credit cards?

Why the fuck does it show a bunch of fucking randoms when I search for people on twitter? If I put in "Mick Hucknall" I expect various Mick Hucknalls, not a bunch of people who have nothing to do with Mick, Hucknall, or Mick Hucknall.

It keeps trying to force me to follow Bill Gates and Randy Orton.  I don't want to, but I can't seem to control it.

I thought I was ready for this, for the sake of the Lawler joke and to commemorate this amazing thread.  But, I'm not sure now.

Millions of dollars?? REEELAX bro. Christian isn't medically cleared to compete. He was involved in the main event story, and now has a high profile angle for when he returns. At least that's how I saw it.I

I edited out the Millions of Dollars part now since the Primetime Players did not make an appearance on the show and won't get a cut.

Meanwhile Christian got paid for 3 minutes of work.  I don't think that's a bad day.

Edited by _MJ_

I don't understand why people are giving AJ so much shit for her "I'm too old for you" crack, when Lawler's "you're too ugly for me" response was a lot meaner.

Holy shit, did he actually say that? I must not have heard it. If he did, yeah, fuck you Jerry.

I don't understand why people are giving AJ so much shit for her "I'm too old for you" crack, when Lawler's "you're too ugly for me" response was a lot meaner.

Holy shit, did he actually say that? I must not have heard it. If he did, yeah, fuck you Jerry.

Is calling someone ugly worse than calling them a pedophile?

• Like 1

RE:Victator (sorry on my phone, not quoting). Unless you're realllly close, floors aren't that great in terms of watching the ring instead of the tron. I was 10 rows up in the 100 level, and I thought it was great because I was relatively close to see the ring, and the tron was almost in my sightline too. If I was on the floor and had 10 rows of people standing infront of me, I would've wanted to punch someone (or a few people lol). The only time I got floors is when I lucked into 4th row ringside for SD a few years ago. Not the best perspective of all the action, but being so close was fucking awesome (Eddy as champ, an Undertaker match).

I

Yeah I had these sorta floor seats at a weird angle at a TNA taping. Aside from being on TV behind Sting and wrestlers walking by after matches, it was hard to enjoy anything else. I went to WWE about nine months later and got upper deck seats and had a clear view of everything. 

Guys, this part of the thread sure is great. But here's my new twitter for my Lawler joke: @Sep9LawlerJokeI tried to follow Dean Ambrose. But I think instead I just tweeted his name. This is more complicated than I thought but it's worth if for the joke.

Proud to be your first follower.

Is calling someone ugly worse than calling them a pedophile?
18 is younger than 26 and doesn't make you a pedophile.... I really hope not anyway.Besides, she had to respond when Jerry just degraded her 30 seconds in.EDIT: And hey, wait! I know we're cool buds now, but didn't you once call me a pedophile??