DVDVR Message Board

AJ has been much better on commentary in the past. She sounded like she'd been rattled tonight.

Good show in all. LOVED Santino vs Cesaro, awesome fun match that will be overlooked. Dustin was as good as ever and I'm starting to enjoy Orton which is something I never thought I'd say. Same thing with HHH ,who was awesome in the opening segment. He needs to show some vulnerability some fucking day but at the same time it's his constant calmness that makes him so brilliantly despicable at the moment. I have no problem with Wyatt going over Ziggs. Ziggler's had his chance  and he didn't do very well with it. It looked for a moment that they were gonna completely fuck up Wyatt so I'm glad that he got to go with somebody he could have a decent match with and look strong coming out of it. They should put him in a feud with Christian next. Good main event too.

I can see them bringing out Dusty and trying to publicly humiliate him.  It would work because they've already established that Dusty will do anything for Cody, even when he was a heel.  I personally would love a "I love ya, Ya ma son!" crying promo like the one someone posted of him asking Dustin to team with him against Arn and Buck.

I liked Dustin/Orton.  If Dustin is healthy, I can think they could do a lot worse then to have him work with the younger guys on the roster on NXT, Superstars and Main Event.

. Bragging about this to a legend like Jerry Lawler 

I have nothing but respect for Lawler but as an announcer he has been terrible for well over a decade. Lets be honest..

I'd say he was pretty terrible as Heenan's replacement during the 90's as well. 

I'm going to talk about gender for a minute because the term "white knighting" was brought up and it's been used to shame male feminist a lot online. It's a disgusting tactic used to avoid talking about gender issues and, quite frankly, it pisses me off.

The systematic devaluing of the Women's/Diva's title is certainly a gender issue. Fans either connect to superstars through conditioning, organic attachment, or a combination of the two. The WWE has conditioned the fans to care little about the Diva's title because sub-par in-ring performers have been promoted as champions and title contenders. The commentary also often treats the Diva's division as a joke. Of course the fans respond accordingly.

The WWE has an extremely troubling history with gender issues and promoting fitness models with limited training as Diva's champion is a link in that long, problematic chain. If you regularly devalue women on your programming, your fans will respond accordingly. The fact that the Diva's division is laughable within the greater context of women's wrestling is absolutely a result of the WWE's gender politics on its programing.

Saying gender has nothing to do with it is promoting gender blindness, which is a great way to silence discussions of gender and maintain whatever the prevailing current attitudes are. Basically, by promoting gender blindness and insulting those who see the connects between WWE's treatment of women characters/performers and the fan's reaction to the Diva's division, you are enabling sexism. So congratulations, you're terrible.

Having the date you were scripted to win a pretend award tattooed on your body is totally a mark move, though, regardless of how important it is to you personally. But people's bodies are their own to inscript how they please, mark or not.

• Like 17

I have nothing but respect for Lawler but as an announcer he has been terrible for well over a decade. Lets be honest..

He might have the best job in the company. Doesn't he have fuck you money?

For Lawler, pixie sticks are fuck you money.

Posted Image

THAT'SHOWIT'SDONEMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!

• Like 13

I'd say he was pretty terrible as Heenan's replacement during the 90's as well. 

Lawler was great in 93. The Magistrator was awesome and he had a line for everything. Vince had so much faith in him that on the first episode of Superstars post-mania X (when he came back), they had the post-tape done with Johnny Polo already (And this is after trying something like 5 guys to replace Lawler) and they just scrapped the Polo commentary and did it with Lawler instead. I've never seen anything like that in WWF before or after. 

I have not denied that. I'm saying he is entitled to be shitty and collect a paycheck. I just watched Survivor Series 99 and he was great on that show. Much better than I ever remembered him being. He found this middle ground between being entertaining and an irredeemable dickhead. I think when he turned face to defend JR from Taz and feuding with the RTC, he never recovered as an announcer. He was in this strange limbo between face and heel. Then during the ECW feud in 96 he buried everyone. But right now he is bad on commentary, but he has earned the right to be bad at his job. Any match hurt by his commentary was shitty in the first place. He is not Mark Madden, Rob Bartlett or the white guy from the FMW DVDs. 

I have not denied that. I'm saying he is entitled to be shitty and collect a paycheck.  

I'm a believer that there comes a time where one should walk away. Hogan reached this point many years ago. Lawler reached this point when he nearly died. If it's true that Lawler has "F YOU" money great..  That's awesome. Now lets get someone else on commentary who can add something to the show.

I'm going to talk about gender for a minute because the term "white knighting" was brought up and it's been used to shame male feminist a lot online. It's a disgusting tactic used to avoid talking about gender issues and, quite frankly, it pisses me off.

. . . . . . . . .

Yes we know all that. I like women's wrestling and it's treatment in the WWE is one of the most frustrating things about it. My 'white knight' line was in response to the bloke who was having a go at someone for calling the diva's division a piss break. It is. Doesn't mean I'm defending the WWE or think it's right.

• Like 1

Could Victator please stop liking posts that defend him. It makes you come off as sad.

I'm sorry I interrupted your latest gimmick of burying Daniel Bryan.In return here is some advice. You should start framing your argument as Randy Orton is carrying Bryan and is a huge draw. That should carry you to whenever Punk leaves the mid card. 

Why is Booker T wandering around backstage again?

I don't think he's actually there.  I think he's just a vision that teaches Big Show how to be a successful serial killer, and a failure as a wrestler.

Booker T could be WWE's version of The Great Gazoo.  Big Show and Daniel Bryan can be his Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble.  Booker appears out of nowhere, calls Show and Bryan dum-dums while pepping them up, but everyone else thinks they're talking to themselves to cope with HHH's antagonizing.

• Like 5

Yeah, saying Burgundy LaRue was "white knighting" something was moronic. That shows an utter disregard for who commented and made it feel like the poster was just waiting for someone to bring that up so he could get his "learned" opinion across.

Saying that Jerry Lawler is a legend and no one should say boo about him is ludicrous... Harry Caray was once one of the greatest announcers in MLB history... but for the last decade of his career, he was a joke. Lawler is now getting there. Lawler the magnificent wrestler? Check. Lawler the booker and innovator? Check. He's been phoning it in for nearly a decade now and deserves some criticism on or off screen. Having the McMahon family pet JBL come to his defense made it even worse.

Loved the last two matches.... if only they had announcers that could get these angles over...

• Like 2