DVDVR Message Board

When Triple H commented that no one could walk down there to do anything to Edge because his ability to fight like a man was long gone (paraphrased of course), the fantasy booking in my mind had Edge saying "Well even if you tried walking down here you'd probably tear a quad."

But overall, yeah, this show was about Goldust.  He really needs to share the location of the fountain of youth he found, because goddamn, that guy is firing on all cylinders. 

When someone does the Jericho thing to her again, they'll be over huge

I was thinking the same thing.  Whoever gets to insult her first is going to get a huge pop.  It might be tough in a PG era though.  Bryan couldn't even outright call her a bitch a few weeks ago

Best thing about the show was Edge's return. Great opening segment. Edge's exchange with Triple H reminds me of the one they had the post WrestleMania 22 RAW which I've never forgotten. Also liked a GIANT SWING getting a deserved Holy Shit chant. Cesaro's great. Liked the main event as well between Daniel Bryan and Dean Ambrose.

Oh snap, I forgot to mention how much I loved Cesaro's giant swing. If the WWE writing staff ever needed more evidence that Cesaro should be a face, that was it. I don't think I've ever seen a crowd regard someone as a heel and then start cheering them like crazy, like everyone said, "woah, this guy is pretty awesome!" Imagine how much the crowd will pop once Cesaro busts out the UFO.

Oh snap, I forgot to mention how much I loved Cesaro's giant swing. If the WWE writing staff ever needed more evidence that Cesaro should be a face, that was it. I don't think I've ever seen a crowd regard someone as a heel and then start cheering them like crazy, like everyone said, "woah, this guy is pretty awesome!" Imagine how much the crowd will pop once Cesaro busts out the UFO.

And his crazy springboard off the 2nd rope and spin around into a Euro Uppercut. And if he ever gets a chance to work with Bourne and does the pizza spin thing.

Lawler has been getting jokes about liking young girls for years. It's nothing new, Cole makes the joke all the time and he rarely ever says anything about it. Remember, this is the guy that jokes about dying.

Lawler does get pissed though when you say he *raped* the young girls he liked, ask Doug Gilbert.

JBL just opened his mouth because it's JBL, he's extremely insecure despite being rich and famous and he likes to mouth off but can't take the return.

I'd love to see it and it would get a huge pop, but there is no way we'll see the UFO on television.  I don't think there is anyone brave enough / stupid enough / skilled enough to take the UFO bump without breaking their neck or dislocating their shoulder when they landed.

It's sort of a tricky place for WWE to be in. The best way to get Bryan away from Orton for many months (which is necessary in the same way keeping rock and Austin apart in 98 was) is to turn Show on him. They've done it already two times in the last two years in similar situations. I think they have to be playing with everyone's expectations that Show will turn. 

I'm going to talk about gender for a minute because the term "white knighting" was brought up and it's been used to shame male feminist a lot online. It's a disgusting tactic used to avoid talking about gender issues and, quite frankly, it pisses me off.

. . . . . . . . .

Yes we know all that. I like women's wrestling and it's treatment in the WWE is one of the most frustrating things about it. My 'white knight' line was in response to the bloke who was having a go at someone for calling the diva's division a piss break. It is. Doesn't mean I'm defending the WWE or think it's right.

You?  Officially know nothing.

• Like 1

This thread is fucking brutal. You people are way to focused on AJ. Also whoever compared AJ's title tattoo to anyone getting their kids bday tattooed is a complete moron.

Anyways I think Dustin Rhodes is a fantastic wrestler but top 5 all time?? Crazy talk. If we're talking US there might, might be a case but even then no. Matt you really think he's better than Savage? I just can't wrap my brain around that.

That being said I want Cody/Dustin (not Goldust) to take the tag titles off the Shield. Dustin looked fantastic tonight. I heard he takes Indy dates I wonder why ROH or PWG hasn't tried to use him.

For some reason I think Roman Reigns is way cooler once I learned he's part of the Wild Samoan family tree.

Goldust/Orton was good, but it would be lucky to crack my top 10 TV matches of the year, much less number one.

Cesaro is just amazing. He reminds me so much of a Benoit or Malenko in that his personality isn't where it needs to be, but he always wins over the crowd with his amazing in ring work. Every week he comes out to crickets but by the end the crowd is going nuts.

Zeb is tremendous. Really one of the best promo guys of the year in my book.

Count me in the boat that AJ owned the announcers out there. The crack about Lawler was funny - and true. Especially because in the past Lawler has always objectified every woman by making comments about their physical appearance and some slick innuendo. Lawler coming back with the "You are too ugly for me" line sounds like the guy who is so cocky he thinks every woman wants him, goes up and asks some chick at the bar out and she says no... and he comes back to the table all "she's a stuck up bitch."

It's sort of a tricky place for WWE to be in. The best way to get Bryan away from Orton for many months (which is necessary in the same way keeping rock and Austin apart in 98 was) is to turn Show on him. They've done it already two times in the last two years in similar situations. I think they have to be playing with everyone's expectations that Show will turn. 

They can tease Show turning, but turn someone else instead (Corporate Cody?) and perhaps do an Orton-Show program to portray Orton as a guy who can beat anyone while keeping the champ occupied.

Cesaro is a man above all other men. Everything he did was great, and I loved Santino returning. Watching him power walk down to the ring is something I've been wanting to see since I got cable back.

I have to leave at 9:00 to go to work, so I didnt get to see the last hour. But I pretty much enjoyed everything I watched previously. Especially HHH playing the dude he shoulda been playing two years ago.

They can tease Show turning, but turn someone else instead (Corporate Cody?) and perhaps do an Orton-Show program to portray Orton as a guy who can beat anyone while keeping the champ occupied.

Part of me still wants the Ted Jr. retirement to be an internet-working thing so we end up with Corporate Legacy

Part of me still wants the Ted Jr. retirement to be an internet-working thing so we end up with Corporate Legacy

Just plug in Bo Dallas.