DVDVR Message Board

Okay Fine - the Comical SI 101 GREATEST WRESTLERS OF ALL TIME!!!

RIPPA

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - the Kobashi/Hideo Itami error has been fixed

I mean it still means Kobashi isn't on the list but at least ALL LOOK SAME~! no longer

It's possible he still thinks Itami had all those five star matches with Misawa.

• Like 2

So the best British Wrestlers in history are Davey Boy Smith and William Regal, are they? I bet this pillock couldn't name six British Wrestlers if you offered him $100.

• Like 1

This is easily the worst list ever. Are you seriously telling me that Mike Quackenbush is better than Terry Gordy, Negro Casas and Kenta Kobashi? I love Jericho irrationally but he should be 40 spots below Brody, not 20 higher... That's ten minutes of my life I'll never get back.

It said that Rob Van Dam brought "tight strikes...and great selling". I don't think I've ever met anybody who would describe whatever RVD's strikes were as "tight". And I'm pretty sure the only selling he ever did was holding his tummy and kicking his legs after hitting the frog splash. 

You guys...I'm starting to think this list might not be very accurate. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Let's not be too hard on this guy. At least he recognized that El Hijo del Santo is almost as good a second-generation wrestler as Randy Orton.

Almost as good?  SMH...

Considering that at least 30-40 percent of the people on this list shouldn't have made it, he discounts Misawa for not working in the US, and its written on a site you can't even read due to its shittiness, its not that bad. . . UGH

On 7/29/2016 at 8:49 AM, J.T. said:

So you are saying that KENTA makes the list but Kenta Kobashi does not.  Bullshits..

Wilton probably googled "Kenta Kobashi" and found a bunch of old DVDVRs where the Playaz were all "Kobashi gets nailed with Tiger Suplex '85 but immediately pops up and hits a lariat before selling the suplex.  He sucks."

19 hours ago, EricR said:

It said that Rob Van Dam brought "tight strikes...and great selling". I don't think I've ever met anybody who would describe whatever RVD's strikes were as "tight". And I'm pretty sure the only selling he ever did was holding his tummy and kicking his legs after hitting the frog splash. 

You guys...I'm starting to think this list might not be very accurate. 

So...the guy who wrote this didn't use the Wayback Machine to read old Herb Kunze essays then?

On 7/29/2016 at 9:25 AM, Craig H said:

Just think you guys...Luke Winkie was paid to write this and other shitty SI wrestling articles. You're all more knowledgeable and likely better writers. 

The universe is a big joke.

I remember there was this one site that did their own answer to the PWI 500.  It was far better than anything PWI could dream of, so a 101 best-ever list would be no problem.  Man, I wonder if that site's still around ...

On 7/30/2016 at 1:54 PM, KidNatural said:

This is easily the worst list ever. Are you seriously telling me that Mike Quackenbush is better than Terry Gordy, Negro Casas and Kenta Kobashi?

I'll always remember the UWF Title Tournament, when Gordy debuted the Tail of the Dragon against Jim Duggan and then immediately transitioned into a Lightning Lock Omega for the tap out.  Michael Hayes, who was at ringside, his reactions to the sequence was just amazing.

Gordy doing the Quackensmash, for a guy of his size, was just amazing.

1 hour ago, nate said:

I remember there was this one site that did their own answer to the PWI 500.  It was far better than anything PWI could dream of, so a 101 best-ever list would be no problem.  Man, I wonder if that site's still around ...

Why do you hate me?

Why do you not value my time?

• Like 3