DVDVR Message Board

Life Events Thread

Ryan

Speaking of Real Time, I've been afraid to watch just because most Trump talk spikes my anxiety something fierce (but hey, I'm seeing my doctor and a therapist about it tomorrow, yay). Was Maher in full on doom and gloom mode or was he reasonable? I did see a clip from his interview with Eric Holder and he at least appeared reasonable during that.

I'm also guessing he was extremely happy regarding the legalization of recreational marijuana.

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

Speaking of Real Time, I've been afraid to watch just because most Trump talk spikes my anxiety something fierce (but hey, I'm seeing my doctor and a therapist about it tomorrow, yay). Was Maher in full on doom and gloom mode or was he reasonable? I did see a clip from his interview with Eric Holder and he at least appeared reasonable during that.

I'm also guessing he was extremely happy regarding the legalization of recreational marijuana.

He was not doom and gloom, but he certainly wasn't happy about the results.

I think Maher was ready for the outcome we got on Tuesday, but still disappointed. Fuck, he even extended the olive branch and invited Trump onto the show. Granted it took him 8 years to get Obama to appear, but still.

9 minutes ago, Casey said:

I think Maher was ready for the outcome we got on Tuesday, but still disappointed. Fuck, he even extended the olive branch and invited Trump onto the show. Granted it took him 8 years to get Obama to appear, but still.

Maybe he'll have Clyde from Any Which Way But Loose in a trump wig....

Considering we have a president-elect who has like 9 million potential lawsuits and possible criminal trials coming, is no one curious about how this will affect things?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Considering we have a president-elect who has like 9 million potential lawsuits and possible criminal trials coming, is no one curious about how this will affect things?

Probably along the lines of what we saw in the second half of Bill Clinton's presidency. A lot of gross things and distractions and depending on the outcome of the 2018 Congressional races a potential impeachment trial.

Fuck, now I'm reading stories about how Trump's transition team had no plan at all (the Christie demotion was because nobody expected to win and thus nobody really thought they needed Christie for the job) and that Trump has no idea about hiring staff and other presidential duties he'll be taking over very soon.  He's apparently going to rely on Obama for a lot of help with ramp-up.  Seriously, what the everloving fuck?

Is it too late for him to just say, "yeah, you know what?  No thanks, I'm good."

16 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Fuck, now I'm reading stories about how Trump's transition team had no plan at all (the Christie demotion was because nobody expected to win and thus nobody really thought they needed Christie for the job) and that Trump has no idea about hiring staff and other presidential duties he'll be taking over very soon.  He's apparently going to rely on Obama for a lot of help with ramp-up.  Seriously, what the everloving fuck?

Is it too late for him to just say, "yeah, you know what?  No thanks, I'm good."

I thought that was the case when u listened to Conway's interview on NBC during election night when she basically rattled off a list of reasons as to why Clinton was going to wish. 

2 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

My older sister's oldest child was flown from Longmont to Denver by helicopter after attempting suicide and I'm just

I don't have words right now

Holy shit. There are no words but my thoughts go out to you, your sister and her daughter. 

15 hours ago, Craig H said:

Speaking of Real Time, I've been afraid to watch just because most Trump talk spikes my anxiety something fierce (but hey, I'm seeing my doctor and a therapist about it tomorrow, yay). Was Maher in full on doom and gloom mode or was he reasonable? I did see a clip from his interview with Eric Holder and he at least appeared reasonable Mthat.

Maher was fine.  The real telling point of Friday's episode was when "redneck liberal" Trae Caldwell came on and was all "the people in the South and Midwest have real problems and the Democrats do need to help them and speak more directly to them, instead of leaving them to just fend for themselves" and MTV News' Ana Marie Cox was all "Well, these people can just fuck off and die of starvation, these people are white so the hell with them."

It's a definite example of the oncoming civil war the Dems are facing.

49 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

My older sister's oldest child was flown from Longmont to Denver by helicopter after attempting suicide and I'm just

Holy crap so sorry to read about that.  Hope everything is okay with you and your family.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'm sorry to hear this. I can only hope things will be ok in the end.

On 11/12/2016 at 11:27 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

Trump is having his mindblown about how much real work the president has to do. He's not liking this.

I've been saying this for awhile: Trump wanted to win the Presidency but he never, EEEEEEEEEEEVER actually wanted to be President. He made the mistake of treating this thing like a popularity contest... one he didn't even win in the long run. He and his family will be miserable because of this.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Oh geez, words won't help matters, just hold on to whatever you can in life and be there for them in whatever capacity you can, physically, emotionally or whatever you can do. Thoughts are with you.

3 hours ago, Pete said:

I've been saying this for awhile: Trump wanted to win the Presidency but he never, EEEEEEEEEEEVER actually wanted to be President. He made the mistake of treating this thing like a popularity contest... one he didn't even win in the long run. He and his family will be miserable because of this.

Oh God yes, I totally agree. It came out today that Trump didn't think he'd get past last October.  Maybe he should have found a way out but his ego wouldn't allow him to. Now he's stuck and we're scared and honestly he himself looks scared for different reasons. He's finding out very quickly that it's one thing to say "this isn't working, let's get rid of it!" and you know have an actual plan to replace things. I know a few Trump supporters and I tried telling them again and again this dude has no plan, it will take forever to get things moving and when things do move they won't be his plans anymore, they will be the plans of the republicans and people he's appointing.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Jae survived this. But we won't know for two or three days if he did any serious damage to his liver.

Intellectually, I realize there's nothing I can do right now, but I just feel so helpless.

Good luck with everything man.