DVDVR Message Board

Annual WWE Future Endeavoring Thread

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

That was great. "GOD DAMMIT YOU'RE JUST TRYING TO GET YOURSELF OVER."

Gary Capetta was awesome.  Did he start every intro with "wrestling fans..." or just the major ones?

There was one guy who did the call for, I want to say, the Starrcade cage match between the Rock & Roll Express and the Andersons and he was insane.  He took this deep hoarse breath between every other word.  "Ricky (suck wind) and Robert (gasp) The Rock (suuuck) and Roll (gaaaasp) Express!"  IIRC, he even added his own little flourishes, referring to the RNR as "THE VASTLY POPULAR."

That would be the GREAT and criminally underrated Tom Miller.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

Edge said somewhere he doubted there would be a season 2 any time soon.  They apparently did a lot of the writing/editing etc... themselves, and it was very time-consuming.

Guess that explains why it was was the best network original series that wasn't some variation of a shoot interview.

Oh well, better to have loved and lost.

I read somewhere that Edge & Christian basically have carte blanche with Vince because they were the wrestlers that changed the demeanor of the locker room from "playing video games" all night to ACTUALLY going back to your hotel and playing video games. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

On the good side, nothing beats Howard Finkel introducing the Undertaker or declaring a NEEEEEEWWWWW World Wrestling Federation champion.

Add Finkel helping us all find out who drew number one in the ROYAL. RUMBLE!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike Zeidler said:

I read somewhere that Edge & Christian basically have carte blanche with Vince because they were the wrestlers that changed the demeanor of the locker room from "playing video games" all night to ACTUALLY going back to your hotel and playing video games. 

I assumed they had carte blanche due to the remote control they stole from Vince. 

• Like 5

I liked Damien Sandow from the Intellectual Saviour of the Masses (my favourite version), stunt double to The Miz and Macho Mandow.

Damien Sandow highlights:

Skip to 04:28.

I'm glad I got to see him at the WWE wrestling show I went to with my Dad, last month,

• Like 2

I still don't get why they let Sandow go. He could have adapted to any gimmick or angle they gave him - are the writers really unable to come up with anything for him? I am sure they were not paying him that much. He may not have sold tickets, but he certainly entertained the crowd every time and there are places for folks like that. 

- RAF

• Like 1

On 5/17/2016 at 7:48 AM, Technico Support said:

Awesome, thanks.  From the same match, he referred to the Andersons as "TWO MEMBERS OF THE DREADED FOUR HORSEMEN" which ruled.

And who can forget, "From the Darkside, Jim Cornette presents...THE MIDNIGHT EXPRESS!"

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, evilwaldo said:

It is sad that a number of solid character guys got released.  The talent was there but in the end it feels like Creative failed in that regard.

Just like they will with a bunch of the nXt guys when they get called up because there is that weird thing where creative has to have something for someone but if someone comes up with something there basically blackballed for getting over 

On 5/18/2016 at 1:30 PM, nate said:

Someone said it best, (paraphrasing here) if "creative" can't come up with somethin for you, why is the *wrestler* the one who's let go??

Jim Cornette will rant on this for hours. "If the writers can't come up with something for world-class talent, then here's a novel idea; FIRE THE FUCKIN' WRITERS!!!"

• Like 1

On 5/21/2016 at 0:08 PM, muhammedboehm said:

Just like they will with a bunch of the nXt guys when they get called up because there is that weird thing where creative has to have something for someone but if someone comes up with something there basically blackballed for getting over 

Doesn't New Day getting super over and to a large part when MizDow basically got over by themselves refute this? If you get over and demonstrate that you can consistently get over while weathering the storms*, you're golden.

*this caveat applies to Ryder and Ziggler.

6 hours ago, just drew said:

Jim Cornette will rant on this for hours. "If the writers can't come up with something for world-class talent, then here's a novel idea; FIRE THE FUCKIN' WRITERS!!!"

While I agree with him about this, Jim Cornette will rant about anything as long as people keep paying attention to him. The way to get rid of Jim Cornette is stop paying attention to him, just like getting rid of Freddy Krueger by not having dreams. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

While I agree with him about this, Jim Cornette will rant about anything as long as people keep paying attention to him. The way to get rid of Jim Cornette is stop paying attention to him, just like getting rid of Freddy Krueger by not having dreams. 

Did they ever try to have Freddy pop up in a daydream?

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You're right, and I don't normally agree with him. He's dead on with this, though...

• Like 1