DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2016 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

19 hours ago, Technico Support said:

The 80s were such a different time, man.  It's all relative and we all bought into Vince's size queen bullshit.  Watching old Manias today, it's glaring how huge the guys considered "small" back then were. 

It's crazy to think that Bret and Perfect were considered "small" guys back then. Neither of them were Hogan sized or anything but they were solidly built guys.

18 hours ago, Mistah Na1m4rk said:

When I started going to shows for Championship Wrestling from Florida as a kid I was astounded at how much smaller the wrestlers were that I'd come to expect from their TV personnas.  OK, sure, I guess I wasn't surprised that I was way taller than Les Thornton or Mike Graham, but I was taller than Ric Flair too.  

The only guy I met who was much bigger than I had anticipated was One Man Gang.  He was just so enormous, even expecting him to be a monster undersold how much space he took up.  

The first time I saw Foley up close I was pretty amazed by just how big he is. I mean, you know he's 300lbs but he never wrestled like a "big guy" and quite often was matched against guys like Vader and Taker so you don't realize that he's a giant sized dude too.

9 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

How does it work with them copyright ing Gallows and Anderson when they've used that all over? When they're done are they still able to use their names with no royalties going to WWE?

Probably the same deal with Punk/whoever that allows them to make merch without actually legally owning the name. "Luke Gallows" as a name started in WWE way back when, though, and I could be mistaken but I think he mostly went by "Doc Gallows" in his other appearances.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

It's crazy to think that Bret and Perfect were considered "small" guys back then. Neither of them were Hogan sized or anything but they were solidly built guys.

I remember being at a house show, lower concourse first row by the entrance when Bret walked within a few feet of my friends and I and it hit me how big the guy really was.  Michaels was 6'1" and in the low 200s when he was part of the "small, high-flying" Rockers.  Perfect was immense compared to a lot of today's guys like Balor, Enzo, Aries, Styles, etc. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

She looks like she's gonna jump on you and sink her fangs in your neck (ugh that probably inspired some people's fantasies here)

Who is on the wall in the photo? Gotta be Vince. 

Sadly, a google search for "vampire Stephanie McMahon" turned out nothing, but it did give us this. 

tumblr_inline_n69r6oIywI1r5344l.jpg

• Like 3

Search out Patton Oswalt's account of the filming.  It's amazing.  The best part is how Wesley gave up on the movie, stayed in his trailer smoking weed the whole time, and just did all his closeups, letting his stand-in handle all the rest of the filming.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Search out Patton Oswalt's account of the filming.  It's amazing.  The best part is how Wesley gave up on the movie, stayed in his trailer smoking weed the whole time, and just did all his closeups, letting his stand-in handle all the rest of the filming.

My favourite memory of the making of that film (That I haven't seen) is that I saw an interview with Jessica Biel and Ryan Reynolds and they were asked about working with Wesley Snipes and they said "Oh, Wesley's very method.  So he really goes deep into the Blade role, playing the outsider...etc" and then saw an interview with Triple H and he was asked about working with Snipes and said "Well, the company line we're supposed to give is that he's very method...but truthfully he was kind of just being a jerk to everyone.  Except me.  He was very nice to me, which might have something to do with the fact that I'm a 275lb weight-lifter."

• Like 9

1 hour ago, caley said:

This photo works even better if you add your own sound effects

proxy.jpg?t=HBhyaHR0cDovL3d3dy53d2UuY29t

"Judo chop!"

**edit** 

So, I made, what is mostly a distasteful photoshop of this. It's sort of a dark joke. I kind of want to post it, but kind of don't, so I'll spoiler it. It's not even very good. I was bored. Don't click if you don't wanna see it.

1yOcXxe.jpg

• Like 1