DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] FINALS: SASHA BANKS vs. BAYLEY

RIPPA

[MM16] FINALS: SASHA BANKS vs. BAYLEY  

142 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE THE WINNER OF MARCH MADNESS 2016

This poll is closed to new votes

8 hours ago, NickMD said:

I chose Bayley, but really wish there was an option C for both of them.

Option C? I agree. Can I change my vote to Austin Aries please?

• Like 1

When we were kids, we all thought we would be upstanding adults. That we would be heroes. That we would be the purest of pure and innocence because being good was right. And then came to the realization that being good in a society that created for evil to succeed is bullshit.

Yeah, we all said to ourselves that we were superman. We would be the awesome good guy and be the paragon of fairness and justice. Then reality came in like a crash after smoking a gallon of peyote and you found yourself in a desert butt ass naked with tube socks on because fuck you, they were comfortable. But you continue to live in this unabashed reality and do things that would make your childhood ashamed. You did drugs because the pain of disappointment was too much and you wanted to be numb. You had sex with a transexual prostitute because they were woman enough for you so fuck it. You popped a molly and started sweating because peer pressure is a thing and everyone is doing it. As reality starts shaving away your pride, innocence, and eventually molded your dreams, you still found success some fucking how, but it wasn't how you wanted to be. But you succeeded right? It doesn't matter how. The journey made have been a trip to depravity, but you are here. You achieved it. You have it all. Then the personification of your childhood reminds of what you wanted to be. It is a lingering reminder of exactly what you wanted to be like. The hero. The ace. This person achieved what you couldn't, reached the level that you did and still maintained their innocence. They abstained where you gave in. You landed on their feet when you faltered. They became the hero you wanted to be and you became the villain you always wanted to beat. 

AND IT EATS AWAY AT YOU!

That's Sasha Banks. She knows she is good enough. Hell, she feels that she is the best. And that should have been enough, but it wasn't. Sasha came into NXT happy to be there. She felt that her ability was good enough to outshine everybody because she is good enough. Then embarrassment after embarrassment. Stumble after stumble. Defeat after defeat, you get the constant reminder that maybe you are not. How would you feel that you are one step from becoming your dream, becoming the showstopper, the Main Event, and everyone resorts to calling you "ratchet."  She needed to gain an attitude. A personality that was larger than life. She needed to project that she was a superstar so she adopted a persona from Nicki Minaj and because the Boss. The personification of materialism, narcissism, and grandiose pandering. Everything Sasha did not want to be. But it worked. She became a household name. A star.

Then Bayley.

Bayley. The itch in the middle of your back that you can't quite reach. Bayley. The annoying voice in the back of your mind that you thought was gone. Bayley. The constant reminder that even though you succeeded...you did not really succeed. The incorruptible pureness. The innocent memento that you never wanted.

But Sasha can never be like Bayley. It's too late. Once you break bad, you can never be good. She will always be the Boss. The facade that she created to be successful and the inner Sasha has to be buried deep down because no one likes her and she is not good enough. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kyuubi said:

When we were kids, we all thought we would be upstanding adults. That we would be heroes. That we would be the purest of pure and innocence because being good was right. And then came to the realization that being good in a society that created for evil to succeed is bullshit.

Yeah, we all said to ourselves that we were superman. We would be the awesome good guy and be the paragon of fairness and justice. Then reality came in like a crash after smoking a gallon of peyote and you found yourself in a desert butt ass naked with tube socks on because fuck you, they were comfortable. But you continue to live in this unabashed reality and do things that would make your childhood ashamed. You did drugs because the pain of disappointment was too much and you wanted to be numb. You had sex with a transexual prostitute because they were woman enough for you so fuck it. You popped a molly and started sweating because peer pressure is a thing and everyone is doing it. As reality starts shaving away your pride, innocence, and eventually molded your dreams, you still found success some fucking how, but it wasn't how you wanted to be. But you succeeded right? It doesn't matter how. The journey made have been a trip to depravity, but you are here. You achieved it. You have it all. Then the personification of your childhood reminds of what you wanted to be. It is a lingering reminder of exactly what you wanted to be like. The hero. The ace. This person achieved what you couldn't, reached the level that you did and still maintained their innocence. They abstained where you gave in. You landed on their feet when you faltered. They became the hero you wanted to be and you became the villain you always wanted to beat. 

AND IT EATS AWAY AT YOU!

That's Sasha Banks. She knows she is good enough. Hell, she feels that she is the best. And that should have been enough, but it wasn't. Sasha came into NXT happy to be there. She felt that her ability was good enough to outshine everybody because she is good enough. Then embarrassment after embarrassment. Stumble after stumble. Defeat after defeat, you get the constant reminder that maybe you are not. How would you feel that you are one step from becoming your dream, becoming the showstopper, the Main Event, and everyone resorts to calling you "ratchet."  She needed to gain an attitude. A personality that was larger than life. She needed to project that she was a superstar so she adopted a persona from Nicki Minaj and because the Boss. The personification of materialism, narcissism, and grandiose pandering. Everything Sasha did not want to be. But it worked. She became a household name. A star.

Then Bayley.

Bayley. The itch in the middle of your back that you can't quite reach. Bayley. The annoying voice in the back of your mind that you thought was gone. Bayley. The constant reminder that even though you succeeded...you did not really succeed. The incorruptible pureness. The innocent memento that you never wanted.

But Sasha can never be like Bayley. It's too late. Once you break bad, you can never be good. She will always be the Boss. The facade that she created to be successful and the inner Sasha has to be buried deep down because no one likes her and she is not good enough. 

I disagree.

• Like 3

I haven't voted yet.  there's 1 vote seperating the two.  Can I send it into overtime... or secure the win....

Now I know what it is to be drunk with power!

16 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

I kinda doubt Sasha Banks follows wrestling fans.

I can believe wrestling fans follow Sasha, presumably in a beat-up van with the windows blacked out.

My van isn't beat-up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jrag said:

Don't let the bronies win.  It's all up to you.

Edit: AHH THEY ARE IN THE LEAD! NOOO!

Bottom of the ninth, down by 1. All you can do is clutch at your hat and hope for the best.

Nevermind! Just saw Rippa's post about there being one more day. I don't even know what day it is.

4 minutes ago, Jrag said:

Don't let the bronies win.  It's all up to you.

Edit: AHH THEY ARE IN THE LEAD! NOOO!

But I could bring it back... if only...

Spoiler

b91.gif

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jrag said:

How about we just ask you a few questions to help you make a decision.  Ill start.

Do you like your entertainment to be geared towards adults or children?

Put another way, how jaded and joyless are you?

• Like 3

Question 2.  This one is multiple choice:

Serenading someone while they are being beaten in the ring is ______________

A. Equivalent to cheering for a comeback

B. A weird thing British people do

C. Creepy

D. Option B and C

• Like 2