DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Y2AJPowers Exploding 3-7-16

MGFanJay

The Vince-Shane stuff was pretty good tonight. LOVED EVERYTHING WITH JERICHO AND AJ. Holy shit. The tag match was perfect for what it needed to be, and I love that we have one feud in WWE based entirely around results mattering. Breeze-Kalisto was amusing, and I guess we're getting Ryback vs. Kalisto at WM. Or maybe Sin Cara vs. Kalisto in some wacky giant multi-man US TItle match. I'd give Jericho the US Title so that AJ-Jericho could be about more than just respect and thus be on a better part of the card though. Bray vs. Dean wasn't much - but Dean at least didn't lose before facing and likely losing to HHH on Saturday.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2016/03/wwe-raw-3-7-16.html

Screens - 

0b387f470358922.jpg 

e19f1c470385016.jpg

dd6b38470367064.jpg 

The Gay Community?! Naw, he don't want none!
768097470377586.jpg

38b6b9470381304.jpg

f755c1470367147.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/hb7mkwsyo52u2k8a8n65ayvd8eampra7

The tag match and the Jericho turn was magic. An amazing bit of storytelling and a lot of it was done in the ring.

AJ gets all the huge flashy spots in the match. Jericho is very good but not great and that ultimately that costs them the match. Afterwards the crowd and AJ are almost showing him pity. It's like when Kobe Bryant manages to dunk and people cheer a little too loudly. That's when Jericho snapped and turned into old, bitter, cranky Chris Jericho.

It was perfectly done and played right into people's real feelings on Jericho in 2016. And you just know it's probably 95% Jericho's idea.

For the people who will inevitably complain about seeing the match 3 times already, what was the main complaint? That Jericho was having a hard time keeping up with AJ. Well, bitter heel Jericho won't have a match where he's trying to "keep up" with AJ Styles. It'll be a completely different match built around putting AJ over.

• Like 2

This was a fantastic show with a super hot Chicago crowd. I loved the ending.  Hunter sold dirty deeds like he was shot. Slumped right over.  Wyatt v. Triple H is always a very strong reaction dating back even to Royal Rumble. I don't know, I don't think Wyatt is as dead as everyone says he just needs some damn direction. 

Also, Loved the hell out of the Y2AJ break up.  They made the shirts, sold them on WWE.com for everyone to flip their shit and THEN did the heel turn this week anyway. Awesome stuff right there.  The match with New Day was tremendous too.  Super hot, tons of cool looking near falls. 

The crowd was pissed at Jericho.  Heated. 

tumblr_o3pa8eMbU61u1ljrzo1_500.gif

• Like 1

That was the best New Day match in recent memory. Those guys are comic relief, yea, but they really can go with the right opponents. 

Aside from the somewhat pointless RybAxel match, I enjoyed the hell out of this Raw. 

Did anyone not expect Jericho to turn? I hope the AJ/Jericho program ends at WM, so AJ can move onto something else.

Once again, we get teased with Bray standing up to HHH and the Wyatt's turning face. Either deliver, or stop fucking teasing us with it.

Sami/KO will be fun at WM. It's been fun to follow the Steen/Generico story through the indies to NXT, and the main roster.

• Like 1

The tag match was fantastic, but this should have happened to kick off their feud and not now.  Jericho turning was one of the most telegraphed turns in recent memory and while they've had several quality outings so far, the inevitable Mania match will still be just another retread.  

Ryback's promo was Ultimate Warrior level disjointed with none of the unintentional humor.  He's already got Warrior's level of ring skill and cardio, so I guess he might as well copy his promo style too.

How long is Roadblock even supposed to be?  I'm only seeing 3 matches announced so far.

It's not like Jericho turned on him in a match or it was some dastardly plan. It only felt that way because we all know Jericho's around part time and it was the likely Mania match. If you just look at the story they told, Jericho was trying his hardest to keep up with AJ and win the tag titles.

By the way, did anyone else notice Vince saying "you all thought the Under was going to walk down here..." and forget to add on the 'taker' part.  I rewound that and am pretty sure he just called him "The Under".

Excited about Sami/KO but if they're dancing at WM I just wish they had more than a 3 1/2 week build. That's a lot of relevant history to try to cram in such a short period of time.

By the way, did anyone else notice Vince saying "you all thought the Under was going to walk down here..." and forget to add on the 'taker' part. I rewound that and am pretty sure he just called him "The Under".

Yes, I caught that as well.

Good opening stuff from the McMahons with Shane getting another massive ovation. Owens/Neville felt like a return to form showcase for Neville, the best he's looked in awhile since he hasn't had anything to do as of late, good stuff. The divas matches were kept very short tonight especially the tag which seemed odd. New Day/Y2AJ was absolutely fantastic, awesome match all the way through. Some great near falls had me believing they were going to do a title switch at one point. AJ's backflip DDT on Kofi was one of the most perfectly executed ones he's done. Shocked to see a pretty much clean win for the New Day, put them over much stronger. Was hoping Jericho wouldn't turn as I was enjoying their team. Not sure what's really to gain from Styles beating Jericho a third time but at least the match should be another really great one for Mania. With Y2AJ out of the picture, I wonder if New Day go back to the Dudleyz/Usos for Mania.

Jericho is the fucking man. There's been some really fantastic storytelling in his deal with AJ and I love how they kept us on our toes about when the turn would happen. Jericho's fingerprints are all over this storyline.

I haven't had the chance to catch the show yet but on Bray- I'm not much of a Bray supporter but if they do push him I'd rather it be on his own.  The Wyatts as a group suck.  There's four of them but only two of them are even worth paying attention to.  Rowan isn't interesting nor is he fun to watch in a match and Strowman is just a big guy that can't wrestle.  I love Harper but would rather see him in a singles push than in whatever Wyatt storyline is going on. 

So where does this leave The Rock?

I was convinced last week he had Bray. Now not so much.

If Cena is cleared, he maybe becomes an addition to the Cena/Taker match. Shane wins a match that allows him to choose a proxy. Vince learns his lesson from his match with Trump and brings in a guest referee to counter - Cena's greatest rival, The Rock.  Why not have 3 guys in there who really don't want to be there anyway?