DVDVR Message Board

Raw is McMahonaMania 2-22-16

MGFanJay

Reigns needs a heel turn and a great-talking manager (kinda like Heyman does for Lesnar). Turn Reigns heel, have him fight face Brock, who everyone wants to cheer for anyway. Put Ambrose in the match with HHH and do the ol' plucky babyface fights the corporate odds thing and have him win the title at Wrestlemania. Then Ambrose and Reigns can square off for the title. Easy peasy.

Heyman would be the best manager for, well, anyone, but if you keep him with Lesnar, who would be good for Reigns? The only name that keeps flashing into my mind would be a heel Foley, back to extract his revenge on Paul E. for ruining wrestling and making him lose 2,000 teeth in the process by having to go "hardcore."

OR, Heyman backstabs Brock, goes with Reigns, and Austin steps in as Brock's manager, at least temporarily.

Goddamn, I love to fantasy book. Heck with all y'all if y'all don't like it. Haters gotta hate, etc.

First, I'm not sure we can unequivocally say that Heyman is the best manager for anyone considering that anyone they've put him with aside from Brock has ended up less over than they were before. Second, I have no doubt in my mind that turning Reigns heel and putting him with Heyman would only serve to get a bizarre Cena-esque mixed reaction, with smarks cheering because they like Heyman and because they felt like they were in control of the turn. 

I'd rather keep Heyman and Brock together. But it is a standard built-in storyline, manager trades charge for younger charge, etc.

And Heyman never really got anyone else over because they never gave him half a chance. You gotta admit Heyman's by far the best talker in the WWE.

But good point about the reactions, you're right.

And as for Seth Rollins, he lacks what some people call "charisma." Good wrestler, but it's hard to care. Do you see Seth Rollins ushering in a new boom period in wrestling? He might not be bad as a heel with (here he goes again) a manager, but otherwise? Pass.

Oh, and I say we get someone to ban Rippa. Someone PM Rippa.

• Like 1

Her breasts are as big as his were

YES I WENT THERE!!!

I can't wait for Nikki to reach the point in her career where she has to hike up her trunks after every move. 

First, this made me laugh like hell. Then, it made me sad :(

• Like 1

I actually feel really sorry for Reigns.

I watched Shield/Wyatts from 2014 the other day and to see Roman as the cocky baddest motherfucker on the planet compared to him looking like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders and has let the last 12plus months booking get to him is kinda sad.

I watched Shield/Wyatts from 2014 the other day and to see Roman as the cocky baddest motherfucker on the planet compared to him looking like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders and has let the last 12plus months booking get to him is kinda sad.

"Renee, do I look faceless to you, baby?"

In context that's one of the most amazing lines ever just for the SQUEEEEEEEE pop that ensued.

• Like 2

The only difference between Reigns and Lex Luger is for me at least, when I was a kid I wanted Luger to beat Ric Flair.

If they did the exact same type of trajectory with Reigns as with Luger (meaning he's not world champion for a while to come but he's still in the upper main event), they would not be in the spot they are in right now. In 1988, I liked Lex Luger. I wanted to see him win the world title from Ric Flair. But in retrospect would that have been the right thing to do? No. Could you imagine them hot shotting the title onto Luger back and forth like they did to Reigns? Luger's career would have been over in five years. That's the WWE's problem in a nutshell. They are too desperate to rush things. Reigns might have been ready for all of this in another year or so. But Vince was all NO DAMN ITS NOW. YOU PEOPLE WILL TAKE IT NOW AND LIKE IT.

I have nothing against Roman Reigns (well, the swat team look needs to go). But he's going to flame out and it's not his fault.

It is not in Undertaker's interest to have a new boss who may not be willing to pay him for coming to work twice a year

nb you might say Shane McMahon would be appropriately aware of the value of the Undertaker legacy and brand to the company, but if I was the Undertaker I would not trust the judgement of somebody who wears trainers with a suit and names his children like Horgon, Trynden and Aynden or some shit

Rushing would have been fine if they did it in a good way. I hate to keep pounding this drum but the Goldberg push once they broke up the Shield would have worked. It would have. Don't even have to play up the streak so much, just have him work progressively through the entire roster, destroying guys like Jericho, Orton, and then eventually Bryan and finally - optimally - HHH. No long promos and very little selling. It would have worked.

"Renee, do I look faceless to you, baby?"

In context that's one of the most amazing lines ever just for the SQUEEEEEEEE pop that ensued.

That promo and the way the crowd ate it up... "What's my name?!?"

"Roman! Roman!"

You would have swore he was about to start a new boom.

Although almost everyone in this thread agrees that Roman is in a bad spot, everyone is not agreeing on Roman himself, which is interesting.  There is a camp that seems to believe Roman Reigns just isn't very good at his job.  The other side seems to think the writers/management are more to blame for the development of his character and the storylines he has been involved in, which had lead him to this point with the audience.  Basically, if Ambrose was put in Roman's spot and put through the same storylines, do you think he would have the same issues with the audience accepting his character?  It's not a fair question, but an interesting one.

Wrestling directions can change very fast so personally, I wouldn't cosign the "Roman's character is dead in the water" statement.  Obviously, the audience is going to be tough on him during his "Road to Wrestlemania" if they continue him on the patent "all the odds are stacked against him" path.

The only problem with Ambrose (beyond my personally disliking him) is that right now we're clearly seeing the crowds really like him, but not enough that they aren't cheering like mad to see Brock try to cripple him.

It's funny with him they at least have the common sense to go with that instead of trying to deny it.  His gimmick right now is basically getting murdered by Brock for applause.  If nothing else it keeps the crowd on his side against a guy they like more than him.

I think there is money in babyface Dean chasing heel Roman after surviving Brock.