DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

The running joke used to be that TNA should just run their company from England because it was the only place the crowd gave a shit on the product.  Now it is needed to leave the country to avoid getting jailed for tax evasion.    I am sure there are better metaphors but basically pulling a Roman Polanski 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Sin Carne said:

If ENO90 turns out to have been Ganc all along, then that's some fucking Prestige dedication to the art of sock puppet trolling.

I...woah...I never thought about that...

5 hours ago, hammerva said:

Well yes I know he didn't leave the country for taxes but I couldn't think of the 50 famous people who did  :ph34r:

Here's a pretty well known case of multiple types of fraud, especially for those of us in the NY/NJ area.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Eddie

Because they were getting paid 5 years ago. People are suing now because they know Dixie is dumping it and they may never see their money otherwise. Talent is threatening to leave because not receiving payment would void their contract,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I...woah...I never thought about that...

I still follow the Tom K philosophy

If I don't know you, I assume you are a Ganc sock puppet

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Stevie Ray Von Erich said:

Per Bix on Twitter, The State of Tennessee has filed tax liens against TNA.

http://www.sescoops.com/exclusive-tna-unpaid-taxes-tennessee-strikes-back/

It’s up to the state whether or not to assert its rights and start seizing assets from TNA.

"Christ, what's a wrestling promotion doing with all this gum?"

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Ace said:

Because they were getting paid 5 years ago. People are suing now because they know Dixie is dumping it and they may never see their money otherwise. Talent is threatening to leave because not receiving payment would void their contract,

Were they really getting paid five years ago?  From all the horror stories I've heard, TNA has been pulling this late payment garbage for quite some time.  I mean I clearly remember a story from Chris Daniels and Kazarian talking about how they were upset when they expressed their disappointment that TNA brass was sending $2,000 checks to charity but they still couldn't pay their own workers on time.

8 hours ago, NickMD said:

Just saw the first 20 tweets from him.  Holy fuck, I don't know what to say.  I almost feel Dixie needs a restraining order against the guy.  Actually yes, yes she very much needs a restraining order against the guy.

EDIT:  There's a particular tweet from June 24, 2015 that I'm not posting here.  It's about Dixie getting slammed and my eyes needs to be heavily sanitized after reading that.  Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS GUY?!  Sorry, but this can't possibly be a joke account, can it?

8 hours ago, The Z said:

I'm kind of hoping it's a parody account. That can't be real.

8 hours ago, Stevie Ray Von Erich said:

Y'all, very clearly a parody account. Come on, now.

8 hours ago, NickMD said:

I'm sure as shit hoping so.  But with social media you never know with some of the humanoids that inhabit Twitter.  If it's supposed to be a parody account it's not funny to me.  But hey, if that's how he passes the time then more power to him.

Do none of you follow USA politics? Insane people have a king and a platform.

So if TNA was rented production, besides merch, the master tapes, and the physical ring, what else do they own that the state could grab? I'm blanking. Production trucks? I doubt the state wants rights to something called TNA. Can they take a lien on someone like Dixie?

Someday, someone will make an amazing documentary about what happened to TNA.