DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

3 hours ago, AxB said:

That's not how ECW ended though. Paul E intentionally delayed declaring bankruptcy to prevent the boys getting screwed.

He held off awhile but Vince bought it out from Chapter 11.

Edit: clarifying, I mean the talent got screwed by having the company cease to exist. 

14 hours ago, Zartan said:

They've already sold "some" of the tape library to The Fight Network to get the money for the last tapings so they've already devalued it some even though it's TNA and the value isn't exactly there to begin with. 

Doesn't this pretty much screw up any chance WWE buys it? They probably don't want to buy part so that someone could try and strong arm sell them the other half.

1 hour ago, DTTW said:

Doesn't this pretty much screw up any chance WWE buys it? They probably don't want to buy part so that someone could try and strong arm sell them the other half.

I think all this legal nonsense has pretty much ruled out WWE even being bothered. 

Also, as some ppl said TFN might have got the midget in a trash can years of TNA's tape library which is worth about as much as those legends of wrestling dvds you would find at Walmart occasionally featuring an hour of clipped matches. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zartan said:

I think all this legal nonsense has pretty much ruled out WWE even being bothered. 

Also, as some ppl said TFN might have got the midget in a trash can years of TNA's tape library which is worth about as much as those legends of wrestling dvds you would find at Walmart occasionally featuring an hour of clipped matches. 

Given what I know about dvd cost, production, and distribution, combined with how low selling that material was in the first place....I can't picture any physical release of this material without it being a serious money loss to whoever would be crazy enough to think that material deserves a dvd release.

4 hours ago, Casey said:

Surely you're not shitting on the Wrestling Gold DVDs! Those are the only "discount bin" DVDs I ever found that weren't WWE or any specific promotion.

Nah those were the only ones worth buying still have them somewhere. Watched the crap out of the RnR/Poffo's match from Memphis when I first got it. 

The ones I'm referring to always had like an hour or so of territory matches clipped. Sometimes they highlighted the career of someone who had made it like Austin. One was hosted by the Boogie Woogie Man where he talks the whole time about the wrestling museum in his house that anyone watching the DVD was more then welcome to come and visit no questions asked. 

1 hour ago, Zartan said:

One was hosted by the Boogie Woogie Man where he talks the whole time about the wrestling museum in his house that anyone watching the DVD was more then welcome to come and visit no questions asked. 

Never follow a hippie to a second location.  That's how you end up squatting on top of a glass table.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

Never follow a hippie to a second location.  That's how you end up squatting on top of a glass table.

Their was only one glass table in the whole museum showcasing Jimmy's work with the RNR and some memorabilia too. ;) 

Maybe they could get Dave and Cornette to do commentary on the early TNA shows:

Meltzer: Our next match features Rod and Dick Johnson against James Storm and Psicosis from the very first TNA show.

Cornette: Yeah, the Johnsons were wrestling penisis better known as Mike and Todd Shane, two identical twin bodybuilders from Tampa, Florida who got lured into wrestling by a sack of shit con artist by the name of Ron Niemi.

Metlzer: They later turned up in the WWE as Gymini, but on the other side of the ring are James Storm and Psicosis.  This is the actual Psicosis and not AAA Psicosis, while James Storm would later go on to fame with the tag teams America's Most Wanted and Beer Money....

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ace said:

The Wrestling Gold DVDs were awesome, if only for the Cornette/Meltzer commentary.

As a 10 year old I remember seeing a tv ad for those vhs tapes on Sportschannel America during some random wrestling show I had found buried in the tv listings.  Nobody was showing old footage at the time. The only old stuff I could get my hands on were the Hulkamania and Great American Bash 88 tapes they had at the public library.  So I became obsessed with getting these tapes and made my parents get them for me for my birthday. I still remember Savage and Lawler and that wonky cage.

19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Someone just asked Meltzer about those DVDs and he said he would have loved to have done more but the first ones didn't sell well

They did one more after Wrestling Gold for SMW (the show where Jericho wrestled with the broken arm)

• Like 1

Is this a good time to remind everyone that Dixie could have sold this company to the Keith/Jarrett contingent years ago for an actual profit?  But it fell through because Dixie demanded to stay as the kayfabe owner. And now it's going to end in a lawsuit/bankruptcy/tax lien clusterfuck.  TNA in a nutshell.

• Like 1